PDA

View Full Version : HTML Basics?

Khazar
12-31-2007, 05:09 AM
can someone give me a link to a good html basic tutorial?

I know some basics.

I've made a website a long time ago for a game I used to play. It looked just fine on my old screen, but now I have a much bigger screen, and some stuff is to the left like it would be on my old screen. What do I put so it can be aligned on all screens and browsers?

Mr.Klean
12-31-2007, 06:59 AM
www.w3schools.com

MineOrChop
12-31-2007, 10:28 AM
www.w3schools.com

And....
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/HTML/1
www.google.com

and for some scripts etc;
www.dynamicdrive.com

Camaro'
12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
can someone give me a link to a good html basic tutorial?

I know some basics.

I've made a website a long time ago for a game I used to play. It looked just fine on my old screen, but now I have a much bigger screen, and some stuff is to the left like it would be on my old screen. What do I put so it can be aligned on all screens and browsers?

Still want the link to a html beginners-intermediate tut? more of a beginners ;.

if soo click here

w3schools.com

A G E N T
01-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Check out those tuts, but as a general rule, if you want something to fit all screens, you should use height/width= "n%" as opposed to height="n px".

R0b0t1
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
<object name="something" id="something" alignment="center" src=""></object>

Something like that...

Naum
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I recommend starting with HTML. It uses really easy coding that even an 8 yr old could grasp ;)

Pyro
01-03-2008, 07:13 AM
TO be honest. And its a tad embarresing. Neopets has one of the best tutorials on the net IMHO. And depending on whether you actually play it (Im hoping not) you have a real reason to use it. Much like a real reason to learn pascal when you are autoing RS.

But yes. As the person above said. use % in width's not px. And also before you start getting to far ahead of yourself. better start on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)

Chaom
01-31-2008, 01:35 AM
EDITED: I get a warning because my post. ("Graveding") so i delet the originall post, sorry

kelly slater pro surfer
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
lynda.com check it out

Harry
03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
TO be honest. And its a tad embarresing. Neopets has one of the best tutorials on the net IMHO. And depending on whether you actually play it (Im hoping not) you have a real reason to use it. Much like a real reason to learn pascal when you are autoing RS.

But yes. As the person above said. use % in width's not px. And also before you start getting to far ahead of yourself. better start on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)

I totally agree! Neopet's HTML guide FTW!

@kelly slater pro surfer: Stop bumping every thready in sight... -_- 01-03-2008, 02:13 AM

coo too
03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Well it is actually really easy to find html tuts. I found this thing called google. You should try it.:google:

03-12-2008, 08:29 PM

Lol no point starting with CSS... If you don't know HTML then you'd have nothing to style :S

I don't think css would help you learn html and faster or easier anyway...

Just check out w3schools, follow their tutorials and see whether or not you like it, if you do give CSS a shot and then javascript... (if you still enjoy it by then you'll want to look at some server side languages, php, asp etc...)

peterjames1
09-01-2010, 02:59 AM
It is a type of computer language that is primarily used for files that are posted on the internet and viewed by web browsers. HTML files can also be sent via email. It is constantly undergoing revision and evolution to meet the demands and requirements of the growing Internet audience under the direction of the ยป W3C, the organisation charged with designing and maintaining the language.

greekst1
03-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks for sharing ! Even i have also just started learning HTML but i like it very much.
Compare to other computer languages, HTML is the best and easy language. With this, i am also learning JavaScript which is the most widely used script now a days.

logon68
04-18-2011, 07:00 AM
http://www.w3schools.com is the best guide basic for html