PDA

View Full Version : summoning = MEMS :(

ge0force
01-10-2008, 01:56 AM
hey people...it looks that suummmoning will be members only after all!...
DAM...
u want prooof ....?
u cant handle the prooof!!
well here it is any way

Summoning 2: The New Batch
Of course, we wouldn't be hyping Summoning if we didn't feel that it was awesome. "It's my favourite members' skill that I've helped to release," says Mod Mark. This opinion seems to be shared by everyone who worked on it: "In terms of quality and quantity, nothing really matches it," says Mod Osborne.
As you have read, one of the things we are most happy about is the size of Summoning. You already know that there is something to do for virtually every skill level, but we can let you in on another secret... After Summoning is released, a second batch of creatures is coming in February, which will nearly double the size of the original skill! That's right, AFTER Summoning has been released, you will be getting 25 new familiars to summon, and 47 variations of pets and familiars from the first Summoning release!It's my favourite members' skill that I've helped to release:( :( :(
This is all from RS developement diaries part 4!

richk1693
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Did you really think they'd ever give anything to people not paying them? Shame on you for not already knowing its members only.

ge0force
01-10-2008, 02:21 AM
lol...kk when they prepare 4 sets of dev. diaries..and boast about it soo much...ud atleast expect to have SOME parts of the skill to be f2p...jus like how it is with wc,cooking, fishing,fire making,pray, and mage...

rodnman1234
01-10-2008, 04:34 AM
i heard theyre gunna have a very small portion for f2p.. capped at like lvl 15 things or something to blackmail all the kiddies to beg their parents for 5 bucks te get more. i think theyre running short on membs ^^

lakerzz8
01-10-2008, 05:10 AM
When was the last time a new skill was introduced for f2p? Yeah, before you were born.

yanix
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, it will be released on 22/1 so get ur buts off this site and go click ads :p or do like me and get ur brother to pay :D

Markus
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, it will be released on 22/1 so get ur buts off this site and go click ads :p or do like me and get ur brother to pay :D

It'll be released in the week of 14 january (source: calendar dev diary 4), and, as they do most updates at mondays, I'll think it'll be released at monday 14 january around 2 o' clock GMT.

yanix
01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
That avatar of yours does it job ;) and ur smart :O

Infidel00
01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Ya, It will be similar to rune crafting. You can only go so far on the F2P worlds. It doesn't bother me that it is members. You pay to have more, you can't expect to play for free and get everything, then no one would pay. Oh well, if you really want to summon a bunch of different monster then you would pop the low $5 a month.

I knew it was going to be largely p2p. Jagex would love to see their game strictly p2p.

Rikje
01-10-2008, 04:55 PM
wasn't it logic that summoning would become member? a well,, now poeple can stop cry about ''will it be f2p?'' :)

ge0force
01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
i kno all yall are sayin ofcourse it would be p2p...but cmon...they boast about it soo much ...and then after gettin both p2p and f2p exited bout it...they bomb it ...with a "p2p only" sign...and besides f2p got the worst side of the whole unbalanced trade, and wildy, and every UNFAIR lil shit, jagex threw at them...soo it would be logicall to not let f2p players down by making the skill p2p only...but once again this is jagex we talkin about and they dont care about f2p and dont think b4 they act...and then they go and skrew up a PERFECTLY fine game and eliminate EVERY..if ANY rreasons left to play the game any way...like cmon...playin Rs..for over 3 years gotta get boring..unless u quit 1nce in a while...like i did....i quit atleast 3 times...switching between rs, rakion, gunz online, PKO,and counter strike, and ofcource during the time which i played each game, i would always go play online on my 360..

Firebrand
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
You guys obviously haven't unscrambled the Anagrams, one clue is "Lucien" remember how Lucien used to live in Ardy ? Well now he has been moved to varrock, it also seems hes master of summoning ? Now why would they move him to varrock if Summoning was going to be p2p ???

ge0force
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
You guys obviously haven't unscrambled the Anagrams, one clue is "Lucien" remember how Lucien used to live in Ardy ? Well now he has been moved to varrock, it also seems hes master of summoning ? Now why would they move him to varrock if Summoning was going to be p2p ???

hmm...u got a good point...but...u obviously havnt looked over the First/MAIN post...

kingarabian
01-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Im suprised people still play rs. All i want is pking back. To hell with summoning.

ZaSz
01-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I just might pay to become members if they end up making it like a demo to see how summoning is.

Jackrawl
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM

Lucien is in both places...dumbie

xelfarcherdv
01-11-2008, 12:26 AM
i find it stupid that summoning is a cb skill, now, f2p cant become max cb lvl (if summoning is p2p). so what do f2p ppl strive for? becoming a great pker?... o sry jagex destroyed that ... fags. maybe making a great dueling acc n earn loads?? ... o lol they pretty much destroyed that too. skilling??? great idea! looks like the only thing left in rs is skilling and mini games. i am finding cb to be totally pointless now. if the make it so f2p cant be max cb, ppl will start not caring about cb and become skillers ... why? because they can actually get a max lvl at something. they can be at the top of something. once a f2p person gets lvl 126 cb they are all excited cus they think they finially did it. but summoning came in and is now not giving the glory to the f2p ppl for their achievements. the f2p ppl can no longer get rewarded by what they have done because there will always be someone higher cb lvl then them.

ok so you may be saying "well, how many ppl even have lvl 126???" this is a true statement that few ppl even have gotted to this lvl, but the desire for the lvl is what keeps many f2p ppl moving on and continueing those long hours of boring training. they dont get PC or rock crabs or experiments to help them out w/ lvling. they do it the hard way and will now get nothing as a reward; no glory. it is all about desire that keeps you interested in a game. desire to be the best at something. desire to build a massive clan. desire to be known by many people. desire to be something or do something significant.

jagex has already taken the desire to become a great pker away from f2p (and merchanting). now they may take the desire for the highest cb lvl away. so what is the point? at this rate jagex is goin to turn everything to p2p. at this rate, all our fun and desires will be taken away.

red eyes 20
01-11-2008, 02:16 AM
alright, any one who accually reads all of the rs news should already know it's members only WEEKS ago o.o, and the lvl 15 cap myth, is just a myth
considering is HQ is in yanille...
i find it stupid that summoning is a cb skill, now, f2p cant become max cb lvl (if summoning is p2p). so what do f2p ppl strive for? becoming a great pker?... o sry jagex destroyed that ... fags. maybe making a great dueling acc n earn loads?? ... o lol they pretty much destroyed that too. skilling??? great idea! looks like the only thing left in rs is skilling and mini games. i am finding cb to be totally pointless now. if the make it so f2p cant be max cb, ppl will start not caring about cb and become skillers ... why? because they can actually get a max lvl at something. they can be at the top of something. once a f2p person gets lvl 126 cb they are all excited cus they think they finially did it. but .....
i understand your rant, but have you EVER seen a ftp 126, as that i mean never been member before 126.

lakerzz8
01-11-2008, 02:42 AM
alright, any one who accually reads all of the rs news should already know it's members only WEEKS ago o.o, and the lvl 15 cap myth, is just a myth
considering is HQ is in yanille...
i understand your rant, but have you EVER seen a ftp 126, as that i mean never been member before 126.

That is exactly what I was going to say. 99% of players above level 100 are either current members or have been members at some point.

pizzownage
01-11-2008, 04:41 AM
I think that was a bad move on their part. 1, they lost so many members from their previous updates, that this would NOT help at all

ge0force
01-11-2008, 11:57 PM
i kno quite a few pple that are 126, and have been f2p fo lyfe...but now...they can no longer BOAST about their lvl

xelfarcherdv
01-12-2008, 12:51 AM
o guys, am well aware that most ppl lvl 100+ r members, but there still is a desire. and the desire was taken away.

lakerzz8
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM
If they are "f2p fo lyfe" then they can still boast they have the highest possible free players combat level anyway.

L3ss Than 33
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
If they are "f2p fo lyfe" then they can still boast they have the highest possible free players combat level anyway.

Yes, but then there will be people who get members for for a short period of time, get 99 summoning then go back to f2p. Then there's always your occasional c126 p2p player who merely goes on f2p to be followed around by noobs who have nothing better to do (Except now the p2p guys will be level ?134? so the f2p 126's will be left in the dust).

cheater95
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
pretty simple reason: non membrs are quiting like crazy there arent that many left so they thoguhty not make some cash out of it theyre encouraging f2p to become members

malotthouse
01-15-2008, 01:27 AM
a) duh, we knew it would be members cuz jagex hates f2p...

b) im level 106 and ive never been memb... so not everyone who is 100+ is a memb

verybigkitty
01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
They are definately running low on members. I think this is just a way to get more members, as they lost a lot from the retarded pking updates.

Summoning is kinda stupid/worthless anyway, so I wouldnt waste 5 bucks on it. Even though I did waste 5 bucks for other stuff.

ge0force
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
kk ... people...ITS MEMBERS ONLY>..it came out...and jagex had to go and shit on runescape even more, and totaly ruin the lives of f2p, by making the skill mems only. and now lvl 126 f2p cant brag...