PDA

View Full Version : RadialWalk | Easy-To-Understand

Daniel
01-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Using Radial Walk
Created by IP-Drowner

I used to be like you about 1 hour ago. Until i read the include file which held Radial Walk i now understand that function and you will too if you read this tutorial. Ok, it is not necessary to read this little intro but you should if you like me. Well, that's the end of the introduction.

Requirements:[list]
Basic knowledge of procedures/functions.
Knowledge of a few SRL functions/procedures.
Knowledge of variable types (Integer, String, Boolean, Float, Extended etc).

1 - What is Radial Walking:
Radial walking is another word for Mini Map walking. Using the Mini Map to walk is what Radial Walking basically is. Well, there you have it, now you know what Radial Walking is.

2 - What to set in Radial Walk:
This is the top part of the function:
function RadialWalk(TheColor: Integer; StartRadial, EndRadial: Integer; Radius: Integer; Xmod, Ymod: Integer): Boolean;.

TheColor is the colour it will search for in the Runescape Mini Map.
StartRadial is the start point in where to find the colour in the Mini Map.
EndRadial is the end point in where to find the colour in the Mini Map.
Radius is how far from the centre outwards to find the colour.
XMod is just like the function's Mouse rx. Like Mouse(x,y,rx,ry);, which stands for RandomX. It is the randomness of making a straight line when moving the mouse to the found colour.
YMod is just like the function's Mouse ry. Like Mouse(x,y,rx,ry);, which stands for RandomY. It is the randomness of making a straight line when mocing the mouse to the found colour.

3.1 - Setting TheColor:
Ok, TheColor is just what colour to find while scanning the Mini Map. So if you want it to find the road colour you should use SRL's FindRoadColor function inside AutoColor.scar. So, i replace TheColor with FindRoadColor so it will find the road colour then will return an integer value. So, instead of using my own custom picked colour (The colour will change, we can't use Tolerance in Radial Walk) i will use FindRoadColor. So, the start of my Radial Walk looks like this:
RadialWalk(FindRoadColor

3.2 - Setting StartRadial and EndRadial:
I didn't give much of a good explanation of Start Radial and End Radial at the beginning of this tutorial. Ok, Radial is like compass degrees. 90 is the degrees for East. 270 is the degrees for West. 0 is the degrees for North (You can't use 360) and 180 is the degrees for South. Now instead of putting in a string like 'n' or 's', we put in numbers. So, if i replace StartRadial with 90 (East) and EndRadial with 180 (South), it will search for TheColor in between East and South. Take a look at this picture for example:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9218/radialwalktutmi7.png
It will search for TheColor in the shaded red area. Also, if i wanted it to search from South first i would replace 90 with 180 to it starts the search at 180 degrees and put the EndRadial as the original StartRadial (Thanks to Fawaki ;)). But i just want it to first search from East to south as i am walking SE.This should be easy enough to understand, so lets move on. My RadialWalk function now looks like:
RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,90,180

3.3 - Setting Radius:
Radius is basically how far from the centre outwards to find TheColor. The furthest it can search for (yet the height of the Mini Map) is the number 72. So, If if i put 72 as the Radius, it will search the shaded red area of this image (pretending it was the Mini Map):
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9218/radialwalktutmi7.png
But if i put a lower value, the shaded red area of the image will decrease in width. Now i want it to search from the centre (the white dot in the middle of the Mini map, which is you by the way) straight to the edge of the Mini Map. So i replace radius with 72 and now he RadialWalk function in SCAR looks like this:RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,90,180,72But that isn't enough, move on to the next step to add the final stage.

3.4 - Setting XMod and YMod:
XMod and YMod is used in the function MouseFindNoFlag (Will not discuss here, Thanks to Zeph, it is MouseFindNoFlasg btw). So, this means if it clicks and no flag appears, it will move the mouse to a maximum of that random coordinates (x, y) until a flag does appear. Now that i want my RadialWalk to actually make sure a flag is there no matter what i will put XMod and YMod as 99 so it will move a maximum of 99 coordinates away inside the Mini Map and then click if it does not find the flag. Now m new RadialWalk function looks like this:RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,90,180,72,99,99);

4 - Ending Notes/Credits:
Thanks for reading my tutorial on Radial Walking and now i hope you understand it as well as me now.
WT-Fawaki - Thanks for pointing one ting out ;)
ZephyrsFury - Thanks for pointing another think out :) (<-You don't get the wink :p)

Enjoy ;)

WT-Fakawi
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Good tut! One essential thing worth noting is: you can reverse the radius. In your example you use 90,180, which leads to a upwards tendency (towards 90), whereas using 180,90 will lead to a downwards direction (towards 180).

ZephyrsFury
01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Good tut! One essential thing worth noting is: you can reverse the radius. In your example you use 90,180, which leads to a upwards tendency (towards 90), whereas using 180,90 will lead to a downwards direction (towards 180).

Well actually its the other way round. The first parameter is startradial and the second is endradial. 90, 180 would start at 90 and go to 180 while 180, 90 would start at 180 and go to 90. But of course you would know that already. :p

EDIT: And also, xmod and ymod are in fact different from the ones in MMouse and Mouse. These ones are used by MouseFindFlag or MouseFindNoFlag (Can't remember which one). What it does is if it clicks the coordinates specified but the flag doesn't appear, it will add xmod and ymod to the original coords until it does appear.

Daniel
01-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I never knew that but it does make sense. Thanks for the information, i would surely add that to above.

Well actually its the other way round. The first parameter is startradial and the second is endradial. 90, 180 would start at 90 and go to 180 while 180, 90 would start at 180 and go to 90. But of course you would know that already. :p

EDIT: And also, xmod and ymod are in fact different from the ones in MMouse and Mouse. These ones are used by MouseFindFlag or MouseFindNoFlag (Can't remember which one). What it does is if it clicks the coordinates specified but the flag doesn't appear, it will add xmod and ymod to the original coords until it does appear.
I thought XMod and YMod were the same or similar. Oh well, thanks for the information. I will add that too in the first post.

bullzeye95
01-16-2008, 04:18 AM
I like it! The picture makes it really easy to understand :). Good job.

Daniel
01-16-2008, 05:13 AM
I like it! The picture makes it really easy to understand :). Good job.
Thank you bullzeye. Just about 1 hour before i posted this i had no idea how to use it, so i went through MapWalk.scar and i found LinearWalk was easy to understand. Then i scrolled up to RadialWalk and saw it wasn't much so different, then i added RadialWalk in my main loop and it worked :)

Now i hope every member that reads this will understand Radial Walking.

Daniel
03-15-2008, 06:20 AM
~~Bump!

Getting it to the top of the list so people will notice it more and read through it and learn Radial Walking. ;)

Killy
03-15-2008, 09:16 AM
thanks for this tutorial, I can see how it would be useful in banking scripts and walkers to major cities, good job ;)

Daniel
03-18-2008, 05:39 AM
thanks for this tutorial, I can see how it would be useful in banking scripts and walkers to major cities, good job ;)
Not just to major cities, but to everywhere ;)

PvH
03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
thanks.. im working on a lumby -> draynor walker;)
if i create... i will credit you:D

EDIT:
i use this now:

program Lumby_walker_to_draynor_bank;
begin
function RadialWalk(TheColor: Integer; StartRadial, EndRadial: Integer; Radius: Integer; Xmod, Ymod: Integer): Boolean;
RadialWalk(5263960,0,90,72,1,-1): Boolean;
end.

just a start of the script...
it gets this error:
Line 3: [Error] (3:1): Identifier expected in script C:\Documents and Settings\patrick.UW-BAZA85BLPD4L\Bureaublad\scar\Scripts\lymby_walker_ to_draynor_bank.scar
what should i add/fix?
yes i know.. i am a n00by scripter.. just started to learn..

faster789
03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
jus to make shur...is this tut good for srl 14?

XRaye
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
This is very well explained, but i don't know how to put RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,90,180,72,99,99); together in a script. Maybe add that to your tut? Like one more step on how to put that and make it so it will run?

Waddo
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
all i can say is well done

i have been using scar for 2 weeks now and am going to apply for srl member status soon this shud help thanks ive never really looked at radial walk b4 this shud make my scripting so much easier rofl i bin using

if FindColorSpiralTolerance(x,y,orec,52,26,468,260,3) then
Mouse(x,y,2,2,true);

rofl

well need more srl functions

i can use forms tho

i belive i will improve my auto miner script

it is almost srl compliant

hmm or maybe i make a brill script that walks you to some where
and does loadsacool script
autowalkytalky hmm brb *minimizes IE opens scar*

do i need so many posts to erm erm ooh ye thats it to become an srl member

XRaye
04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Dude double posting is bad, tipple posting... Your probably going to get your post count reset.

Daniel
04-12-2008, 09:47 AM
thanks.. im working on a lumby -> draynor walker;)
if i create... i will credit you:D

EDIT:
i use this now:

program Lumby_walker_to_draynor_bank;
begin
function RadialWalk(TheColor: Integer; StartRadial, EndRadial: Integer; Radius: Integer; Xmod, Ymod: Integer): Boolean;
RadialWalk(5263960,0,90,72,1,-1): Boolean;
end.

just a start of the script...
it gets this error:
Line 3: [Error] (3:1): Identifier expected in script C:\Documents and Settings\patrick.UW-BAZA85BLPD4L\Bureaublad\scar\Scripts\lymby_walker_ to_draynor_bank.scar
what should i add/fix?
yes i know.. i am a n00by scripter.. just started to learn..
Remove function and Boolean, Integer, String from those lines.

jus to make shur...is this tut good for srl 14?
Yes it is, also Revision 15 as-well.

This is very well explained, but i don't know how to put RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,90,180,72,99,99); together in a script. Maybe add that to your tut? Like one more step on how to put that and make it so it will run?
What do you mean? Put it in the script when you want it to walk.

all i can say is well done

i have been using scar for 2 weeks now and am going to apply for srl member status soon this shud help thanks ive never really looked at radial walk b4 this shud make my scripting so much easier rofl i bin using

if FindColorSpiralTolerance(x,y,orec,52,26,468,260,3) then
Mouse(x,y,2,2,true);

rofl

well need more srl functions

i can use forms tho

i belive i will improve my auto miner script

it is almost srl compliant

hmm or maybe i make a brill script that walks you to some where
and does loadsacool script
autowalkytalky hmm brb *minimizes IE opens scar*

do i need so many posts to erm erm ooh ye thats it to become an srl member
You're welcome.

Dude double posting is bad, tipple posting... Your probably going to get your post count reset.
What are you talking about?

Waddo
04-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Remove function and Boolean, Integer, String from those lines.

Yes it is, also Revision 15 as-well.

What do you mean? Put it in the script when you want it to walk.

You're welcome.

What are you talking about?

xray was right i triple posted 3 different posts didnt relise i cudnt (some friendly mo put them into one tho (still gave me an ifraction like ) so dont think xraye is loopy lol

(hmm i thought duble posting was when u posted same thing:duh: )

SeanJohn
04-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice post. I hope to learn to use radial walk in making my scripts.

Daniel
04-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Nice post. I hope to learn to use radial walk in making my scripts.
You can learn if you read the first post XD :D

XRaye
04-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Which include did you find this in?

Never mind i found it, it's in MapWalk.scar.

ben600006
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
i dont get it...every time i run this script, i get "Could not find Road Color!"

sum 1 please tel me what im doing wrong

{.include SRL/SRL.Scar}
begin
MakeCompass ('N')
RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,50,110,70,99,99);
end.

XRaye
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
That just means it couldn't find the road color, make sure under settings runescape is as bright as it can get.

ben600006
04-22-2008, 02:44 PM
yep, it is @ the brightest settings, it still dosent work :(

please view attatchment to see how i have it setup

XRaye
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry i have no idea then :( Maybe try changing the 99s to 1s

BKNYKavkaz
04-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Wow, great tut man. Thanks to you, I actually understand it 100% and how to incorporate it into scripts. However not with great ease, yet. I need to get used to it.

Daniel
04-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Which include did you find this in?

Never mind i found it, it's in MapWalk.scar.
You don't need to include that, because SRL.scar includes it anyway. The same it does to all the files in the core folder section.

i dont get it...every time i run this script, i get "Could not find Road Color!"

sum 1 please tel me what im doing wrong

{.include SRL/SRL.Scar}
begin
MakeCompass ('N')
RadialWalk(FindRoadColor,50,110,70,99,99);
end.
Make sure it is on the brightest of settings, you include SRL and then try it. If not, set the rx and ry to 3 and 4 and the radius to 72.

Wow, great tut man. Thanks to you, I actually understand it 100% and how to incorporate it into scripts. However not with great ease, yet. I need to get used to it.
Thanks. Any idea how to make it easier to explain?

Awkwardsaw
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
hey, thanks for the tut man. i totally get it now( hehe its fun! ) but for some reason it wont work any more, all it will do is start, and stop without even moving the mouse. program RadialWalkTest;
{.include SRL/SRL.Scar}

begin
MakeCompass ('N')
writeln('walking now');
RadialWalk(7370361, 0, 180, 69, 90, 85);
RadialWalk(4806748, 0, 180, 69, 90, 85);
end.

like, it will write walking now in the debug box,but it wont walk.

(ps, that goes from varrock east bank to almost the sawmill if your wondering)

EDIT: haha, i just had to change the colors..

kor
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
AWESOME GUIDE! so easy to understand ;) i just want to ask one thing. i want to walk across a place green (grass on the minimap) but the colours changes so much, so i have to set new ones each time :S how can i fix this?

Daniel
05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
AWESOME GUIDE! so easy to understand ;) i just want to ask one thing. i want to walk across a place green (grass on the minimap) but the colours changes so much, so i have to set new ones each time :S how can i fix this?
I think you'll need to auto colour this one or wait until the new SRL Revision (REvision #17) comes out, which contains a whole new heap of auto-colouring.

kemico2
05-23-2008, 12:00 AM
This tutorial is insane. I never understood the start radials and end radials untill i read this.

Daniel
05-24-2008, 12:40 AM
This tutorial is insane. I never understood the start radials and end radials untill i read this.

Thank you. Reputation is always appreciated ;)

markmccain
05-24-2008, 03:40 AM
great tutorial. The only part that i didn't understand 100% was what is the 99,99 exactly for?

shrubie1
05-31-2008, 08:54 AM
great TuT rep ++. just thinking how i can use radial walk in a powerchopper...

destige
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
ty for tutorial

Sc00by22
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
How would we do auto colouring for radial walking?

Great Tutorial!

warlord0522
06-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much I have been wondering how to control RadialWalk . Now I can work on my script.:D

Daniel
06-09-2008, 03:56 AM
great TuT rep ++. just thinking how i can use radial walk in a powerchopper...
Thanks!

great tutorial. The only part that i didn't understand 100% was what is the 99,99 exactly for?
That was ModX and ModY - Read the tutorial for what it's about.

ty for tutorial
You're Welcome :D

How would we do auto colouring for radial walking?

Great Tutorial!
You'll have to read up on tutorials on how to AutoColour, then instead of putting a colour, you'll put the autocolouring functions name in TheColor parametre.

Thank you so much I have been wondering how to control RadialWalk . Now I can work on my script.:D
You're welcome :D And i hope it'll be a good one.

MetalancA
06-12-2008, 01:55 AM
I know this is a nooby question, but how does it know what road to click on?

If there are two roads next to each other which one does it click on? o.0

Daniel
06-29-2008, 05:36 AM
I know this is a nooby question, but how does it know what road to click on?

If there are two roads next to each other which one does it click on? o.0
Depends what you select. just change StartRadial and EndRadial to two different values which are closer to the road you want to pick ;)

Safer this
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
great script, uou made it really easy to understand :D This is Griff721 btw i cant log onm to my acc for some reason

Daniel
08-09-2008, 02:24 AM
great script, uou made it really easy to understand :D This is Griff721 btw i cant log onm to my acc for some reason
Thanks ;) Reputation is always appreciated :p Hope this has helped you advance your scripting methods ;)

I Am Legend
08-09-2008, 02:27 AM
so if i declare Radial walk will it keep walking at that angle , how will i be able to stop walking

Daniel
08-09-2008, 02:41 AM
so if i declare Radial walk will it keep walking at that angle , how will i be able to stop walking
No it won't, each walk will require RadialWalk to be declared. If you want it to repeat, remember that RadialWalk results in a Boolean (True or False), so it'll return True if it has successfully walked. So you could do something like:
repeat
if(RadialWalk(FindRoadCOlor, 0, 359, 68, 5, 5)) then
Break; //Breaks' out of this repeat loop.
Until(False);

Hope i helped you ;)

~BobFm~
10-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Gona read another tut on radial walking cause I need to understand a bit more but thanks for the tut

Daniel
10-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Gona read another tut on radial walking cause I need to understand a bit more but thanks for the tut

What don't you understand? And thanks :)

Smarter Child
01-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Not trying to gravedig and all but is this TUT, still ......."UP_TO_DATE"

jakeyboy29
01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
yeh.

begginer
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Can you please update the pics. Thanks a lot.

wazzzup
03-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Maybe im wrong but I feel like DTM walking is much more reliable :/

alucard123
09-06-2012, 08:28 AM
very nice!!!!!!!!!! ty man! im giving it a try!

IsoMorphic
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
What exactly is the pros over SPS

Ian
01-01-2013, 10:24 AM
What exactly is the pros over SPS

Pretty fast to make, and they don't depend on the sps maps being updated, although this is less of an issue now that new sps maps have been made :)

IsoMorphic
01-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Pretty fast to make, and they don't depend on the sps maps being updated, although this is less of an issue now that new sps maps have been made :)

Yes, but Using radial walk over a map, and this means you could walk anywhere

Thanks BMW 14 posts to Junior Member!

BigRedJapan
03-24-2013, 07:38 PM
I guess it doesnt work in 07!

rj
03-30-2013, 12:14 AM
I guess it doesnt work in 07!

You can edit this for 07 if it was not already included

StickToTheScript
03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Is it me, or is Radial Walk broken? Its either that or i just butcher it. I try to follow the tutorial, and nothing happens.

sahibjs
03-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Is it me, or is Radial Walk broken? Its either that or i just butcher it. I try to follow the tutorial, and nothing happens.

I've tried using radial walk in the last two days and it doesn't work for me either! I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correctly, but nothing happens when I execute scripts :/

StickToTheScript
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
I've tried using radial walk in the last two days and it doesn't work for me either! I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correctly, but nothing happens when I execute scripts :/

Ok... So i am not the only one! I have tried using it on a few things recently and nothing happens... Its kinda disappointing.

BigRedJapan
03-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Thats what iv been trying to say! -_-

rj
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Thats what iv been trying to say! -_-

Radial walk is working again

BigRedJapan
03-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Are you sure?

rj
03-31-2013, 03:36 AM
Are you sure?

Yea http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100256

BigRedJapan
04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Well the new radial broke mouse function in all scripts! And I thought it was me doing something wrong!

randy marsh
04-28-2013, 05:00 PM
I cant find the radial tool wtf am i doing wrong lol