PDA

View Full Version : My mother has gone utterly mad!

richk1693
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
My mom had always been less than perfect but now she's completely snapped.In her defense, she's VERY stressed from work, because her old boss who was great quit and her new one is a complete dick. Guess it's cool to take it out on your kids though.

I got home from school today and nobody was home. Not unusual. I dump pen's pencils etc... on my desk and go to the bathroom. When I come out my mom is home.

I go in the kitchen to grab a drink and she asks me if I had brushed my teeth this morning. I reply yes, because I had, and she tells me I didn't. She goes on and tells me that she checked and it wasn't wet at all, and when she didn't feel anything she had rubbed a tissue on it and it was dry. (Way to go dipshit feeling up my toothbrush and rubbing shit on it.) (I thought this was odd until later she said that she had checked it over an hour after I left for school.)

She was also pissed because I often forget my asthma(SP?) medication. I recently have been doing good, I haven't missed it for more than a week. She turned the fact that I'm forgetful into I do everything I can to go against what she says, and that I ignore her. (If I ignore her how do I know what she said so that I can do the opposite?)

Her rant continues for another 5 minutes full of twisted facts, and made up quotes. Some things that I found kind of bad were that she said she would kill herself if she didn't have a promise to stay with my dad and the fact that the rest of the family needs her. Few things later she told me to go back to my room and do whatever I want because she doesn't care anymore.

I normally brush off everything that she has to say because she's almost always wrong, and she's happy and normal again 5 minutes later. She's all happy and normal now, but she never went as far as to say that before. Should I just brush this off like normal or tell someone something? I honestly don't think she would do anything like that, but I didn't think her failure to understand the concept of evaporation could turn into a huge debate.

Interweb people what are your opinions? (Please forgive the shittyness of how i wrote this i did it in like 5 minutes.)

Killerdou
01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, talk to your dad or another family member who you can get a long with quite well(preferably an adult). If you know a psychiater, that would be the way to go and if there is no one you think will understand you, you can always try your doctor, he can't tell your parents you were there and will mostlikely give you some good advice on who to contact. The best thing would be though, to talk it out with your mother. Last but not least, i think its very brave of you daring to ask such a thing at a completely public place, for all you know, your mom could be hobbit(would explain everything). I wish you the best of lucks with your problem.

---Killerdou---

richk1693
01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Dude if hobbit was my mom that would be awesome.

MOM LOOK OVER MY CODE!!!!

*hobbit walks in* LEARN VARIABLES NOOB!!!/FACEPALM

I'm probably gunna give it a day and if she does ANYTHING I'll talk to my dad about this.

Jackrawl
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Whitie within - 'YOUR MOM NEEDS THERAPY!'
Choccy within - 'YO MAMA IS SO AZN, SHE NEEDS TO GO GET THERAPY!'
Conclusion: Your mom needs therapy.

malotthouse
01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
woah

maybe next time you should try brushing your teeth

jk

umm maybe you should try and be nice to her for a day or something... you know do chores (ugh) or spend time with her (double ugh)

i know, life sucks

get used to it

richk1693
01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
She's better now. She goes to doctors for stress and whatnot. All is good now.

(Currently going to mall looking for DVD with her)

Ruroken
01-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Don't assume its over. People do have relapses, I know from personal experience. Get some emergency numbers for times like that. Suicide threats are very serious stuff, don't take them lightly.

ZaSz
01-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Talk with someone. Like previously stated. And It would be cool if hobbit was everyones mom. And make/buy an sweet ass gift for valentines day (just around the corner).

Hobbit
01-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Oldish thread

But thanks guys
You bring tears to my eyes *sniff* :redface:
I would gladly look over anything you'd like, then /Facepalm you afterwards if required :p