PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Gaming

david2031
01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
I wrote this for English and got 100%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion video games are amazing! You can learn things from them, theycan teach you strategy, they are fun and can releive stress. In Hannah ********'s opinion, "I think they are a waste of time if you play them to little"! (opinion slightly edited)
A freind of mine named Insanomano said, "To play video games is not, but not is good"! If that isn't good poetry, what is?
I think there is nno downsides to video games and all the people I interveiwed agreed with me. I have heard that some people think they are a waste of time, but that is just a Rumor.:)

nielsie95
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Moved to Discussions & Debates.
Some scientist say that violent games are harmful for younger people (they give them wrong thoughts), so it can't be all good..

R0b0t1
01-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah, like, I player unreal tournament when I was younger, and now I believe I can kick the shit out of everything... Mmmkay?

IluvSCAR
03-20-2008, 02:04 AM
haha....I could go on all day about this, but I'll try to keep it short.
My opinion:
Are video games bad? No, but over-playing causes serious problems. Trust me.
('over-playing' as in 4+ hrs a day.)
Are they a waste of time? Sometimes, yes, others no. If you have stuff you should be doing but play video games instead, then yes. Its a waste of time.

On to a big debate: Can video games cause violence, anger, etc..?
In some cases, I would definitely have to say YES. I personally know parents that let their kids play any game they want, when they want. I know of an eight year old kid playing games such as Doom, Halo, and so on.
When that kind of activity is introduced to a kid at such a young age, it encourages (sometimes) that kind of behavior.

If ya wanna discuss or w/e, just post back, im bored of typing already lol

R0b0t1
03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I know! Isn't it funny to see eight year olds cussing like sailors on XBL?

oliver1205
03-22-2008, 12:26 PM
well my 3 year old cousin plays call of duty, and now he runs around wanting to shoot people lol

Yakman
03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
you should do something constructive with your time, like learn programming :D
or read a book, learn gimp/photoshop

sometimes i look back at the years iv wasted playing games like that

are video games bad? yes, they encourage you to think like a robot, you get drawn into the illusion, instead of wondering how those colours got to your screen, or if you could make something similar yourself

the authorities don't want you to know that, cause games developing and selling is a relatively large part of an economy, and if no-one bought them, why people might actually get educated and get out of debt :o

Torrent of Flame
03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Bah. I play COD4 and Quake all day and Im not that fucked up.

I can code SCAR and am good at Photoshop.

I get full grades at school.

I play football.

Im a Game obsessed Photoshop nerd thats athletic :P

Ha. Paradox THAT.

Runescapian321
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Bah. I play COD4 and Quake all day and Im not that fucked up.

I can code SCAR and am good at Photoshop.

I get full grades at school.

I play football.

Im a Game obsessed Photoshop nerd thats athletic :P

Ha. Paradox THAT.

Ooh, I wanna try that :D

I sit on the computer during almost all my free time looking at forums or playing games.

I can program some Scar and C

I get straight A's at school (Even though I skipped a grade :eek:)

I go to a chess club

I play basketball

I play tennis

I take online edumacational courses

So I am a nerdy student who is an athletic chess player...Sounds cheesy :p

Anyway, with video games....

I say make all games that are realistic and have to do with violence or inappropriate content rated A (for Adult) (or better yet, not made at all, but we all know that will never happen). And anything that's animated violence (ex: Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, etc) rated T (for Teen, which most like that are now) or M (for mature). Because, if you think about it, realistic 3D shooters and such are exactly the same thing in the real world, except you're not watching it on a TV screen. That's my opnion :p

nikos
03-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Video games are the new addiction of the century. Did you know they have rehab for people who are addicted to games? Games can control your life.

Yakman
03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
so can alcohol, but not everyone who drinks needs rehab

for the people who get As and play games, i did that too
in the time when I'd play runescape from dawn till dusk, I'd revise and play it in my revision breaks, leads to As

but now when i don't play them at all, iv found my life is richer and brighter with them gone, i look at things in a completely different way, in the "how it works" way instead of "it just works"