PDA

View Full Version : I would like to learn Java

papenco
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, I made this thread because i wanna know: How to download Java programming console (I read the tutorial on this but I couldn´t download it), what can I use Java for, and finally, If anyone know about a good tutorial teaching the basics.

Thanks

Sumilion
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Im learning java atm aswell and I find this tut (got it from Yakman) very good. It is very elaborate.. perhaps a bit too.

http://math.hws.edu/javanotes/index.html

GoF
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Yet another thread like this. I hope you actually make progress though..

King of Knives
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
What's the problem with these thread? If people want to learn Java, they should stop using valuable time on writing threads like these. Heck, I shouldn't even be posting this, but learning about Swing forms or whatever it's called. I must get to NetBeans now before I get whipped :(

-Knives

papenco
01-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks to everyone but now I´ll ask two more questions:

How do I download Java?

What´s the diference between JavaScript and Java?

JAD
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks to everyone but now I´ll ask two more questions:

How do I download Java?

What´s the diference between JavaScript and Java?

Download Java at sun java. You should have it if you've played runescape I think.. :)

The difference between Javascript and Java... Everything! Java is a programming language, Javascript is used more on web pages. They are 2 completely different languages used for 2 completely different things.

papenco
01-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Ok, but am I able to Script with ""thaaaat"" Java. I thought I had to download another thing. And which is each of the languages used for?

Thanks