PDA

View Full Version : [MOVIE]Cloverfield (Review)

Daniel
01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Well, there was no topic on this movie, i really liked it and i just went and saw it.

The Camera:
The camera is hands on. A guy in the movie is holding his own video camera. There are no camera men except for the guy holding the video camera. The camera is being shaken up, dropped on the floor just like a normal person would in situations like this.

Rating: 9/10 - A new style of camera. I like it!

The Storyline:
The storyline is about this alien like creature who just came out of the ocean. First they notice it at the beginning when an earth-like quake happens, all the lights go out then they go back on and it just keeps occurring. After once, the main actor gets a phone call from the girl he slept with a night ago and she can't move. So he tries to find her but his friends want to come along too. So they do, and they're caught up in all the action.

Rating: 7/10 - Not very good storyline set.

The Action:
This movie contains a lot of action. There is a lot of gun firing, the alien winning then the humans. A lot of fighting roles.

Rating: 9.5/10 - Very good setup!

Sound & Lighting Effects:
I loved the sound and the special effects were very good. Sudden streaks and the way the alien was put together were really good. The producers have provided a seamless blending of computer-generated and real footage, and by limiting our perspective to just what the camera man sees through his video camera, the fantastic is rendered plausible.

Rating: 10/10 - Just Wow!

Overall:
You just have to see it. Currently, i have seen it 4 times in a row (Just all today). I couldn't get enough and i still want to see it again.

What I Think: You should go and see it!

Dark_Sniper
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Well some people may not like the movie just because of the point of view...

it was awesome though...

and i could of swore i made a topic about this?:duh:

mickaliscious
01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
...Blairwitch Project anyone? Same "camera style".

ZaSz
01-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Just saw it today.

The Camera:
I got a headache after awhile lol to much "hands on"/

Rating: 5/10

The Storyline:
He slept with her a few weeks ago, second they never said it was from an earthquake it was the dude guessing. He guessed again l8er in the movie he guesses the government made it, does this mean its true?

Rating: 8/10

The Action:
The humans never win unless you count nuking manhattan to finally get rid of it.

Rating: 8.5/10

Sound & Lighting Effects:
The specs were pretty good accept sometimes he messed with the camera to much and i couldn't see much.

Rating: 7/10

Overall:
I suggest you see it.

Rating: 8.5/10

You saw it 4 times and you got a lot of facts wrong when i saw it once...

StrikerX
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
dw i found out why

At the credits ending of Cloverfield, the audio from the video cam says, “Help us!”. But when played backwards, it says, “It’s still alive!” This happens after the end credits of Cloverfield. Assuming the speaker was Rob, he suggests Cloverfield (the monster) is still alive. This also suggests a sequel for Cloverfield 2!

The Japanese oil company TAGRUATO drops a satellite (Chimpanz III) into the ocean as part of viral marketing (shown at the end of the movie when Rob and Beth were on the ferris wheel). TAGRUATO works with SLUSHO (a slush company), as the main ingredient for SLUSHO is found at the satellite dropzone (deep ocean). While searching for satellite and ingredients, they woke Cloverfield (the monster).

The main ingredient of Slusho apparently turns a tiny fish into a HUGE whale, which explains the size of Cloverfield.

Rob apparently was going to be the Vice President of TAGRUATO in Japan.

Search on youtube if you dont belive me

Rriku113
01-24-2008, 01:58 AM
I dont understand. People keep saying the camera made them dizzy or whatever, but it didn't for me. Hmm. Well I thought it was on hella intense movie. i wanna see it again.

Daniel
01-24-2008, 07:18 AM
I dont understand. People keep saying the camera made them dizzy or whatever, but it didn't for me. Hmm. Well I thought it was on hella intense movie. i wanna see it again.
I don't know how it made people dizzy and throw up. It didn't for me but when my dad saw it with me the second time he was like, "Woah!".

snowboarder19
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
LOVED IT but ya i agreed the storyline could have been better....so 9.5/10

kor
02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
anyone got a link for the video? so i don't need to download it.