PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend Review

TViYH
01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
The Camera:
Very good, gets you into the movie.

Rating: 9/10

The Storyline:
A woman finds a "cure" to cancer, but it has a side effect. A major infection of rabies. It inhabits a lot of people in New York. They have to evacuate the island, and close it off. Dr. Robert Neville and his canine companion are the last humans on the island, along with the infected people. He lives through the day as any person would. But, at night, he survives. His dog gets infected, and his world changes. He miraculously finds another real human, and they team up. He finally finds the cure to the rabies disease. He lays his life on the line to keep the cure.

Rating: 10/10

The Action:
Dr. Robert Neville has to survive through the new humanless world.

Rating: 9.99/10

Sound & Lighting Effects:
Very good, shows an accurate detailing of the outdoors, and indoors.

Overall:
VERY good movie. Best of the past 10 years, since Titanic.

This is a movie you could watch time-after-time. It is a tear-jerker at a certain point, and then right back to action. Genres it qualifies in my opinion: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Mystery, Horror

Psychor
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I guess that opinion differ alot, i've seen this one last month, and i nearly walked out the theatre, i still regret that i didn't.

Although, i agree with the special effects, they are good

[S]paz
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
why so Psychor, i thought it was good, very tense at some points, but then again i like tense films lol

~Spaz

Jackrawl
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Tell me the other human isn't a woman. Specifically a white woman.

Psychor
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
why so Psychor, i thought it was good, very tense at some points, but then again i like tense films lol

~Spaz
I like tense movies also, just this one was so predictable. I know that these movies are fiction, but they should make some sense also IMO. during the evacution with the false positive test, what quarantine procedure would even allow that?
OK, i know that isolation can do funny stuff to a person, but the way he was acting with those dolls, especially the scene (overacting) when a specific doll wasn't on it's normal spot. If you've gone that crazy by isolation, then you can't make any rational choises either

Tell me the other human isn't a woman. Specifically a white woman.

Yeah, she is, and with a kid

Sumilion
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I didn't like it that much either ... they should've thought better about the storyline ... I mean they meet eachother (the Dr. and the woman) and 25 minutes later it's the end of the movie ... I'd give it a 6.5/10

Jackrawl
01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I like tense movies also, just this one was so predictable. I know that these movies are fiction, but they should make some sense also IMO. during the evacution with the false positive test, what quarantine procedure would even allow that?
OK, i know that isolation can do funny stuff to a person, but the way he was acting with those dolls, especially the scene (overacting) when a specific doll wasn't on it's normal spot. If you've gone that crazy by isolation, then you can't make any rational choises either

Yeah, she is, and with a kid

Hahahahaha, all his movies where he has this rich divorced whitelady girl-friend are so annoying. The directors fail utterly.

TViYH
01-24-2008, 07:18 PM
during the evacution with the false positive test, what quarantine procedure would even allow that?

Well, I think it works with reflection of the laser coming back to the eye. Also, if it came back negative, they wouldn't be allowed to leave, because they have the rabies.

Also Jack, it wasn't his girlfriend. His wife and daughter were evacuated, and the girl found him via his radio calls.

mickaliscious
01-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe put a spoiler warning in the main post somewhere?

I've seen the movie but you gave away some important parts.

Uh duh! The friggin zombie things moved it. Thats why he was freaking out. Didn't seem like overacting to me either. If you saw a thing that was always at the same spot all the time in a different place and you believed there was nothing that would move it, you would act pretty insane. Its the equivalent of someone picking up your house and setting it somewhere else.

That part about the false positives really seemed like the only plot-hole in the movie. If it was positive to get false results would the government really let an inaccurate test determine someones fate?

I agree they could have expanded it a little more after meeting the girl and maybe gone into more detail of how/why the infected set up the trap for him. I could have sworn the infected girl's 'mate' would have set it up in hopes of getting her back or getting revenge... they could have delved into that a little but overall it was a good movie.

I watched it online from a ripped dvd version and after it was over I wish I would have paid to see it. It was really a good film.

I would give it a 9/10.

Jackrawl
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I think it works with reflection of the laser coming back to the eye. Also, if it came back negative, they wouldn't be allowed to leave, because they have the rabies.

Also Jack, it wasn't his girlfriend. His wife and daughter were evacuated, and the girl found him via his radio calls.

Man it doesn't matter if it's his girlfriend or his arch-nemesis, all his movies with a white lady are BAD. EVIL. and most importantly, BAD. Did you see I Robot? That was bad. BAD BAD BAD. That was the most annoying movie I'd watched since Last Man on Earth.

TViYH
01-25-2008, 06:08 AM
This is a different movie.

lightningspark
01-25-2008, 06:34 AM
5/10 i like when he goes crazy and forgets that he put fred( the maniken) out for a trap and shoots him.

Johura
01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Man it doesn't matter if it's his girlfriend or his arch-nemesis, all his movies with a white lady are BAD. EVIL. and most importantly, BAD. Did you see I Robot? That was bad. BAD BAD BAD. That was the most annoying movie I'd watched since Last Man on Earth.

Are you retarded? :p I Robot is a heaps good movie! But i guess everyone has there own opinion.

yanix
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I havent seen the real movie but ive seen a TV review that told me pretty much everything that u guys are sayin.. and im gona go to the movies when i have time :D

Psychor
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Uh duh! The friggin zombie things moved it. Thats why he was freaking out. Didn't seem like overacting to me either. If you saw a thing that was always at the same spot all the time in a different place and you believed there was nothing that would move it, you would act pretty insane. Its the equivalent of someone picking up your house and setting it somewhere else.
Yeah, i did get it that the zombie things moved it. What i call overacting was the way he was freaking out, his whole reasoning, When someone moves your house, are you gone point a gun at it and shout at it cause you think it's a live and it moved by itself?

Something else they should have explained in the movie, as he's supposed to be the last person on earth, how did the infection get in Europe? Cause you can clearly see that it can spreads really fast. So what happened, they boarded a plane and flew it to Europe?

On a stupid side note, after he hooks up with the girl and the kid, there's a scene were he's shouting as he's so convinced that there are no other survivers. If he really believes that, why was he broadcasting everyday?

The Claw
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I saw it the other week, I guess it was Ok. I still think they took the easy way out with the ending though..the lady turns up, they get raided, he gets cure and then it turns out god really did speak to that woman, and there was a secret place. pretty weak..i dont get why he couldnt have just hid with the woman at the end as well. instead of blowing himself up. that way he could have got heaps of the cure and could of gone around shooting the monsters with it in darts or something, so everyone is cured lol

gerauchert
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
good story that ended abrubptly...

8/10

fom
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
On a stupid side note, after he hooks up with the girl and the kid, there's a scene were he's shouting as he's so convinced that there are no other survivers. If he really believes that, why was he broadcasting everyday?

I still would, because it is worth a try...

I saw it the other week, I guess it was Ok. I still think they took the easy way out with the ending though..the lady turns up, they get raided, he gets cure and then it turns out god really did speak to that woman, and there was a secret place. pretty weak..i dont get why he couldnt have just hid with the woman at the end as well. instead of blowing himself up. that way he could have got heaps of the cure and could of gone around shooting the monsters with it in darts or something, so everyone is cured lol

The ending wasn't the easy way out, so many explosives, and special effects. If he did go in the safe with the girl it would not have been all epic, and the zombies would have destroyed the safe because they were after him. (The main zombie who was smashing the glass was really pissed off because he stole his girlfriend for testing...)

R0b0t1
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
The book was better.

Jackrawl
01-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Are you retarded? :p I Robot is a heaps good movie! But i guess everyone has there own opinion.

No, that movie was terrible. It doesn't get more overrated than that, the only thing I liked about that movie was how they displayed how EASY it was to take the easy way out of getting a movie in theaters. It was very impressive how well they did, since it was what, ten people and 50000 of the same ROBOT? WHAT? NO, NO.

fom
01-25-2008, 11:28 PM
IRobot was a awesome movie!

Whats wrong with you?

Hehe, nice sig.

danman1212
01-25-2008, 11:38 PM
ok a lot of you guys need to be smart about what you are posting!!! this was a very good movie. even if you dont like the ending, it dose not mater lots of movies have there hero die. and next it is not a break out of rabies!!!!!!!!!! it is a disease!! and how is this right!!! Dr. Robert Neville and his CANINE compainion are the lat HUMANS alive!!!?????????? come on dude!!!!!! AND it is not only the island that has it it is the whole world!!! the island is ground zero not the only place.

TViYH
01-25-2008, 11:38 PM

Self-hope

ok a lot of you guys need to be smart about what you are posting!!! this was a very good movie. even if you dont like the ending, it dose not mater lots of movies have there hero die. and next it is not a break out of rabies!!!!!!!!!! it is a disease!! and how is this right!!! Dr. Robert Neville and his CANINE compainion are the lat HUMANS alive!!!?????????? come on dude!!!!!! AND it is not only the island that has it it is the whole world!!! the island is ground zero not the only place.
-.- Rabies is a disease...Dr. Robert Neville and his canine companion are the last uninfected living lives.

fom
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM

Dude, just shut the fuck up. People have there different opinions.

-.- Rabies is a disease...Dr. Robert Neville and his canine companion are the last uninfected living lives.

No, they aren't the last. There was like a whole camp with immune people.

King of the Nites
01-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I really like the movie my favorite part was when KAren( the one statue thing at the movie store) was moved into the middle of the street and he saw her and he was like "Karen what are you doing over here!! How did you get over here" it was funny how he was yellling at it.

9/10

R0b0t1
01-26-2008, 03:24 AM
No, about 1% of the human race was immune to the virus, but they got eaten. Almost all animals are immune to the air borne strain, but susceptible to liquid borne ones...

fom
01-26-2008, 05:45 AM
No, about 1% of the human race was immune to the virus, but they got eaten. Almost all animals are immune to the air borne strain, but susceptible to liquid borne ones...

Yeah, but there was still a big camp of immune people that weren't eaten.

ZephyrsFury
01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I didn't like how they find the cure and he sacrifices himself then the movie ends. You don't see non-infected humans taking over the world again or anything. Would have been better just to see an ending.

Jackrawl
01-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I didn't like how they find the cure and he sacrifices himself then the movie ends. You don't see non-infected humans taking over the world again or anything. Would have been better just to see an ending.

It's actually a remake of Last Man on Earth, which is one of the oldest and most hilariously BAD movies of all time.

R0b0t1
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
No, to the contrary, it is the movifacation of the book, I Am Legend, where this man is the last human on earth but surrounded by these infected vampire things. He meets a woman, who he thinks is human, but when he does a blood test on her she knocks him out because she's and agent for the vampires. When the vampires have him captive, and are going to try him and most likely burn him at the stake, the woman who captured him offers him a way of suicide. He accepts it, because he realizes he has become what the vampires used to be to humans -- almost invincible creatures of lore -- and he realizes he has become just that, a legend.

But legends never die, right? Sweet fate. Get to be remembered on the New Earth.

Jackrawl
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
No, to the contrary, it is the movifacation of the book, I Am Legend, where this man is the last human on earth but surrounded by these infected vampire things. He meets a woman, who he thinks is human, but when he does a blood test on her she knocks him out because she's and agent for the vampires. When the vampires have him captive, and are going to try him and most likely burn him at the stake, the woman who captured him offers him a way of suicide. He accepts it, because he realizes he has become what the vampires used to be to humans -- almost invincible creatures of lore -- and he realizes he has become just that, a legend.

But legends never die, right? Sweet fate. Get to be remembered on the New Earth.

It's barely not copied.

mels
01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Here's my $0.02 about 'I Am Legend'...

I thought it was a VERY good movie up until the ending. When the ending of the movie came around, I thought the story line seemed kind of rushed. IMO, the ending ruined the movie somewhat.

It was very good movie, and I recommend all to see it.

Hopefully, Cloverfield is a good one too. =D

TViYH
01-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Dude, just shut the fuck up. People have there different opinions.

No, they aren't the last. There was like a whole camp with immune people.

But that's what he thought.

danman1212
02-03-2008, 08:32 AM

thank you for saying that i would have said something but i was not on the forums for a while just saw it now. and plus i was pointing out that his dog is not a human!! not that they are the last on earth, i was qouting the post before me for saying that. and oh yea cloverfield sucks!!!!!! if you thought the ending to I Am Legend was gay go shoot yourself before you watch it!

kor
02-03-2008, 08:45 AM
i think this movie is awesome ^^ i watched it twice =P (mainly because my cousin wanted to watch it too) so i would give it 9.99999.../10

TViYH
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
thank you for saying that i would have said something but i was not on the forums for a while just saw it now. and plus i was pointing out that his dog is not a human!! not that they are the last on earth, i was qouting the post before me for saying that. and oh yea cloverfield sucks!!!!!! if you thought the ending to I Am Legend was gay go shoot yourself before you watch it!

I smell suicide by gun? Perhaps? :sasmokin::fiery::eek::cartman::duh::bart:

fom
02-05-2008, 03:36 AM

No, he is stupid. He can't think.

Yes, people have there different opinions, he doesn't understand that. He just thinks he's right and hates people who disagree with him.

Smartzkid
02-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Pretty bad, unrealistic, good fx, though.

3/10 story, 10/10 fx.

TViYH
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
No, he is stupid. He can't think.

Yes, people have there different opinions, he doesn't understand that. He just thinks he's right and hates people who disagree with him.

Are you talking in third-person now? Or are you talking to me...

snowboarder19
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
i thought that it was AWESOME except for the ending... which i wont ruin for those of you who havent seen it but cuz the ending i give it 9/10

mels
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Pretty bad, unrealistic, good fx, though.

3/10 story, 10/10 fx.

:eek: The story was good...it's probably something that could very well happen in the future.

TViYH
02-09-2008, 03:10 AM
:eek: The story was good...it's probably something that could very well happen in the future.

:eek: Are you high?

Hurgymcgurgygurg
02-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Umm... I"m sorry to say but I can not take bad Sci-Fi movies. That is practically impossible...

To say that a virus can turn you into a zombie is about as likely as saying that drinking water can kill you. It can happen but its about as likely as us breaking the vacuum density and destroying the universe. <- Ignore that if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, the basic premise, a virus destroying cancer. Is plausible, just you would need hundreds of strains to be engineered to recognize only that type of cancer and kill only those cells...

But the zombie part... NO!

It is implying that the virus can be used as gene therapy tool. That is fine... Now the zombie thing is the problem. In order for it to turn you into a zombie it would need to do many things.

1) Contain the DNA to code for every zombie trait, which is way more than what any virus can contain, all a virus codes for is its on DNA, a few proteins and a lysing agent. That means that it really couldn't happen.
2) Somehow randomly develop every single one of those genes...
3) Infiltrate every cell.
4) Successfully convert every cell, at the same time... The immune system is much more likely to kill the host before this could happen

Not to mention many other problems...

In the end I have to go with the 28 days series being better.

1)Much more realistic, a blood born virus triggering aggression is a lot more likely.... Since it actually serves and evolutionary prupose to do so...
2)Much better horor thriller, especially the second one...
3)Not as watered down as I am Legend
4)Great Suspense...

Thats my view lol...