PDA

View Full Version : My First Script

axel2
09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Ok, this is my first script. I would'nt really recomend using it, I don't even think the randoms work on it, but its my first script. After I learn how to make better/working randoms, I'm going to work on a varrock banker, but i also have to learn walking procedures and im having trouble with the radialwalk. Oh well. Here it is. Not expecting progress reports or anything. Tips would be nice.

Oh and thanks for helping sumilion and ruroken

Yakman
09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
its alright for a first script, dont worry about radialwalk, (iv never had to use that so i dont know ether, shhhh ;) )
anyway, the randoms are fine since you took them straight from SRL, the only problem is that you dont include mining randoms, try adding something like this

{.include\srl\srl\skill\mining.scar}

if(findgas(x,y))then
runawaydirection('n')

also look in mining.scar for the pick head finding procedures

axel2
09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
ok thanks ill do that. So yakman. You dont use radialwalk to walk or you just dont make walking scripts lol

axel2
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
ok this is going to sound REALLY retarded, but i cant compile my own script...it says it cant find the identifier runawaydirection:confused: lol i feel so stupid right now..but how do i fix that

bibi26
09-20-2006, 11:44 PM
{.include SRL\SRL\extended\xMapWalk.scar}
I'll test your script in a few minutes, I'll tell you my opinion ;)

axel2
09-21-2006, 12:00 AM
lol i knew it was something stupid like that:duh:

bibi26
09-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm going to test your script after school, I just made a quick look (sorry), some suggestions :

1-Why not make a premade colour ? It would make it more user-friendly. If you can, add a form for make it really more user-friendly to people that know nothing about the scar scripting.

const
// ***************** Colors taken in Very Bright Mode *********************
Clay = 4885165;
Copper = 4351888;
Tin = 8684172;
Iron = 2371664;
Silver = 10856117;
Gold = 3775149;
Coal = 2834753;
Mithril = 7359564;
Adamant = 6322272;
// ************************************************** **********************
rockcolor = Copper; // What kind of ore do you want to mine ?

2-Don't forget to use randomwait to make the script less detectable :
wait(5000+random(500));
You can also make a rockwait constant, in this, the player can fill the rockwait himself, it would make it more adapted to the player.

3-Also, you can add findtalk; and findpick; in random verifications ;). If you add findtalk (two or three times). You'll need to declare the following bitmap and the constant Nickname. Findtalk will check for randoms that talk to him.
const Nickname = 'wnu' // Type 3-4 letters of your runescape username
NickNameBmp:=CreateBitmapMaskFromText(Nickname,UpC hars);
For findpick, it find your head pick if lost. You need to add FindPickHeadColor; at your script. You can make that if the script don't find the head color, it terminate the script.
if not FindPickHeadColor then exit;

4-Just look at the other script for some ideas, check the SRL include, check the tutorials etc... I'm also a newbie so I think i can't tell you too much things like that because I need me also to learn alot :)

It a nice start, hope to see nexts versions of your script :)

axel2
09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
thanks, ill try to add that stuff, and ive already added more randoms, but after i fix a couple more bugs ill post the updated version. Can anyone tell me how to make it so it clicks more than one rock?

Sumilion
09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Sorry, can't tell, its a secret ;) ( i never made a miner, shhh)

@bibi, good suggestions, tho i kinda hate most forms, since you have to fill something in over and over again ^^ im soooo lazy :p