PDA

View Full Version : PSP or DS?

Sumilion
09-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I personally have a PSP :D, i love it ! Because i can play practically every game on it ^^, ofcourse i did not bought them all... [Hint] (Yeah yeah, im cheap ;)). But what i would like to know is what handheld you think is the best. When you make a descision, bare in mind that the psp is better :rolleyes:.

I do want final answers, so not an answer like well, the psp is better but it costs too much. If you choose the DS, then post why in the world you did that :p (also post for the psp ^^) Well, i'm sure i made an objective thread, let's see what comes out of it ^^

Pupp3tMast3r
09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
PSP's fun goes only so far... as far as well presented but overused and repetaive gameing can go. DS has remebered 2 realy important things. People like change and people enjoy having fun :)

i could rant on for hours about this *avid nintendo fan* but choose not to bore everyone :p but on a last note, Sony has seen its last domminating generation... long live nintendo :)

Sumilion
09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes, i agree with a lot that you say, the only reason i 'hate' (if its even hate :rolleyes:) is because the graphix are soooo bad :). I've seen the games, and i've played a lot on it, but it leads me to the conclusion, i like the idea, a lot actually, the games they make are childish, but cool ^^, but the graphix just ... suck. And if i had to choose between good graphix, or touch screen but bad graphix, then i would choose good graphix ;), like i did :p

One last note, i am (hoping :p) to buy the nintendo Wii tho. If my plan succeeds, i'll make a thread on SRL on how i did it, if it really works, it will be a special Wii :D

Ruroken
09-22-2006, 08:45 PM
ii'm a avid nintendo fan but i can pirate games with the PSP. My vote goes PSP.

t3h ub3r k1tten
09-23-2006, 05:04 AM
Prefer the psp because of hacks ;)

[offtopic] The wii is on my list, imagine using that controller to whack the heads off of things :D

That reminds me of a joke,
(say this out loud)
Can I come over and play with your Wii?

Mutant Squirrle
09-27-2006, 12:40 AM
psp ftw and ps3 graphics owning the shit out of xbox 360 sissy graphics also ftw

:) *plugs ears and doesnt listen to noobs whining about halo*

Monkeyboy
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Psp pwns, But an Xxp would pwn more (xbox portable)

Halo ftw

imported_snu_woods
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
What the....PSP!?!:fiery: What has the world come to :duh: Sorry guys, didn't mean to flame...
I love my DS, for the reason of repetition not mattering to a certain extent(playing 10 hours everyday for 4 weeks) like Pupp3tMast3r said. I also like it because of price, stylus touch screen action, and the ability to pictochat. The PSP may look sexy, but the DS has a lot more in my view.

ybwal
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Personally being a Nintendo fan, i dont want to appear anti-PSP.
The PSP is excellent, the games on offer are great, coupled with the fact you can pirate the games, i can see why many of made the PSP choice.
But in my opinion games on the PSP are not exactly revolutionary or exciting. Dont get me wrong im sure they're great, but its just that i feel its just like more of the same, except portable :/ Sure the graphics are great but pretty visuals arent everything.
On the other hand, the utilisation of the touch screen on the DS is truly something to get excited about. I believe it adds a whole new dimension to gaming, the level of interaction is amazing. I know the graphics dont look nearly as good as the PSP, but when i play Nintendo games i know the true heart and soul of the game is within the gameplay. As long as the graphics are acceptable im happy.

I have played both the PSP and DS quite thoroughly (there are numerous of each at my school) and personally i find the DS much more fascinating. Sure the PSP can play movies and stuff, but when it comes down to pure party fun and multiplayer with your friends you cant go wrong with the DS. (the PSP's download play is a bit slow)

I dont want to turn this into a Sony vs Nintendo flamefest, but i find it excruciatingly annoying when people comment that the Nintendo games are childish and made with only children in mind. Most of the time, these people only look at the title cover and jump to the conclusion that the game is a rubbish game for kiddies. Yes, the visual themes of some of nintendo's trademark titles resemble less serious and fun subjectmatter. But when it comes to games doesnt it ultimately come down to the level of enjoyment you gain from playing it?
I know not everyone is like that, and i must agree that all of Sony's products are of the highest quality and are great and fun in their own way. I know all the playstation products are extremely excellent as this is reflected in the sales.

Basically it would be good to see people cast their ignorace aside and try different things.
Sorry i know ive gone a little off topic.

cause
09-28-2006, 07:51 PM
My Choice: DS
Reason: because:
A. DS is cheaper!!
B. with superkey and supercard you can watch movies play downloaded games music etc...
C. 2 screens and bottom touch? thats just awesome!
D. Pictochat is also a nice feature as is nintendos online play

da_professa
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
wht happened to my game boy colour option??? :P

but yeah psp I kinda like better. becauseeee I can watch movies on it, play my sport games on it... DS games are kinda childish.. I am more of a sport games fan , and I don't liek the sport games by Nintendo...

Sumilion
11-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Haha, big boys taking over ^^

the blah
11-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Sumillion are you a fucktard? They took down lik-sang -_- and wtf $600 for a ps3 when i can get a wii and 360 for same price? hmmm xbox 360 owns anyway...and the reason nintendo is childish is becuz ppl went to sony to develop becuz of the specs and sports games suck anyway just go out and do the real thing

Sumilion
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Sumillion are you a fucktard? They took down lik-sang -_- and wtf $600 for a ps3 when i can get a wii and 360 for same price? hmmm xbox 360 owns anyway...and the reason nintendo is childish is becuz ppl went to sony to develop becuz of the specs and sports games suck anyway just go out and do the real thing

I am ^^

Seriously, sony does stupid things, like making better security for the psp -_- but i must say that the psp is a fine handheld, and yes i won't buy a ps3 ;) too pricy for me :p A wii however ....

0z0ne
11-29-2006, 01:39 AM
I chose psp because it has more functions than the "Cheaper" Ds.

ShannonsMan
02-24-2007, 05:09 AM
PSP all the way

seaking
02-26-2007, 03:33 AM
I dont want to turn this into a Sony vs Nintendo flamefest, but i find it excruciatingly annoying when people comment that the Nintendo games are childish and made with only children in mind. Most of the time, these people only look at the title cover and jump to the conclusion that the game is a rubbish game for kiddies. Yes, the visual themes of some of nintendo's trademark titles resemble less serious and fun subjectmatter. But when it comes to games doesnt it ultimately come down to the level of enjoyment you gain from playing it?
I know not everyone is like that, and i must agree that all of Sony's products are of the highest quality and are great and fun in their own way. I know all the playstation products are extremely excellent as this is reflected in the sales.

Yep. I think Nintendo games are childish. I used to like Nintendo a lot... when I was 10... but now I'm really tired of those graphics. I just think they could put a little more effort into making their games... a little cooler? I mean cmon, their best shooter for a while was Metriod, and it sucked anyways (yes I have it... the controls are >.<)

Well, back on topic, I think the psp owns the ds. Yes, I have played both, and the ds does have some ok gameplay... but the psp has a much better look. Sure, you are going to say "zomg i play for fun not looks" and blah blah, yea I hear it every day from my Nintendo-Is-My-Life friend. I find the ds bulky and awkward to use, since when did gaming involve drawing runes on a touch screen or moving things around with a stylus?

psp ftw ^^

Mr. Doctor
02-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I voted DS because PSP is crap. By brother friends anolog stick on the PSP broke so he has to stick his hand in the hole and play.And the PSP is Gentle,3feet drop on the floor its done.I dropped my ds like 3 feet i didnt even make a scratch on the floor or on the DS.The only thing wrong with my DS is the touch pad, water got inside of it(long story).So DS winz

P.S.i can still play with my DS i left the DS outside in the sun and the sun evaporated the water outside of the DS pad =D

And for all them little nintendo and Legend of zelda fans i got a new fact to bring to the bank.They are coming out with the legend of zelda phantom hourglass for the ds!OMFG!!!!Its the same exact graphics as the windwaker for game cube.You can ride the boat, And use a cannon.I will charish it.

Markus
03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I voted DS because PSP is crap. By brother friends anolog stick on the PSP broke so he has to stick his hand in the hole and play. Mayve your brothers friends should learn how to thread a PSP? A DS doesn't even have an analog stick

And the PSP is Gentle,3feet drop on the floor its done.I dropped my ds like 3 feet i didnt even make a scratch on the floor or on the DS.

I let my psp drop from around 1,5 meter (around 5 feet) and not a single cratch.

The only thing wrong with my DS is the touch pad, water got inside of it(long story).So DS winz
So DS sucks

B. with superkey and supercard you can watch movies play downloaded games music etc...

If you use a PSP, you don't need moonshell. You can use it right of the xmb,

I choose the PSP, because it has a better webbrowser that works with ALL wifi AP's (DS not), you can play N64 games with it (strnmnrmn works very hard at that), GBA games, (S)NES games, and, the most important one, you can play SUPERTUX on it (Yeah, I love supertux)

Gwallunit
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I dont want to confuse you all but...

Psp !

Freddy1990
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
PSP <3 (Well, only using OE firmware :) )

Gwallunit
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
uhu OE = sExy !

Avaphi
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
PSP == homebrew + video's.

Sumilion
03-05-2007, 07:06 PM
PSP == homebrew + video's.

amen.