PDA

View Full Version : Command Prompt for Schools That Disable It

Widget
01-28-2008, 05:06 AM
It's just a little nifty batch file that I made a few years back but still works. Here's how to do it:

If you have a flash drive, you can do this at home to look a bit less suspicious or whatever you feel like using as an excuse

Anyway, open up Notepad or Wordpad, and type/paste the following

@echo off
:start
set /p pie=%cd%^>
%pie%
goto start

Now File > Save and type in "cmd.bat" (with the quotes, this over-rides the regular .txt extension so it's actually usable :)) wherever you want to put it (most schools let you save stuff inside My Documents regardless of if you have a network drive).

Just so I can force you to learn something, this is what it does, line by line:
@echo off
Turns echoing off. Basically it stops the commands that it's executing from showing up in the prompt. It's more or less to make it look much nicer :)
:start
This is a label, you'll see later that it lets us come back to this section if we want.
set /p pie=%cd%^>
Big line :p. set /p means we're setting a variable through a prompt. The variable we're setting is pie, and the prompt being displayed is %cd%^>. %cd% will tell you the current directory, and ^> is a > (the ^ is an escape character, it just tells the command prompt to not try executing the > that's following it).
%pie%
Whatever you entered in the prompt will be executed as if it were typed normally. Pretty simple.
goto start
This puts the file into a loop so you can execute commands over and over and keep the current directory and stuff.

Well that's it, you can try net sending or shutdown /i-ing at your own risk ;)

-Widget

chitin
01-29-2008, 01:51 AM
nifty, but i already posted a tut on this, and so did some other guy whos pretending its his, its really all me and ieatjoober...somthing....but thnx anyway...?

Harry
01-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Wow! I will defentally try this!!!

Widget
01-29-2008, 04:16 AM
Meh, it's more or less what you were doing except that it's an actual prompt thing instead of only running one command that may or may not have correct syntax :p

AzzA
01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Also some schools like mine block the cmd being open for more than 2 seconds. Doubt anybody else's school does this, but to get past it

Make a text file - In the text file have "Command.com"
Save it as a .bat or .cmd Then it should work.

dad0
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Something like this was already posted.

And didn't worked for me.

carbonchain
01-31-2008, 03:54 AM
GJ, I am going to do this first thing at school tomorrow :D

Rikje
01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Well i can open my cmd. by pressing windows key R and then type cmd.

tough i did try this and buy it didn't work :(

Sc00by22
02-02-2008, 01:40 PM
My School blocks cmd prompts lol

richk1693
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
This would probably work, but it would get me in trouble at school so I'm hesitant to try it.

ranojit
02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks this worked for me in my school and now i just gotta make sure no one notices me.

RandomX3327
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Toothpic00
05-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I tried it it didnt work. Not sure what line went bad or if I didn't do it correctly also make sure to give credit to the people that you took this from.. I was going to rep you but now imma rep them

eurostylz
05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I tried it it didnt work. Not sure what line went bad or if I didn't do it correctly also make sure to give credit to the people that you took this from.. I was going to rep you but now imma rep them

Try this one, open notepad

type this in it

"command.com"

then save the file as commad.bat

AND PS TO USERS READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO USE THIS

earlier last year, i was fooling around with some command prompts and i was able to "hack" into a main server and i was caught, they wanted to lay charges on me, i go out of it, but dont use a command prompt in school unless you know what you are doing and ready to face the consequences.

vengence
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
hmm. i'll try this tomorrow and see if it works or not

Mists
05-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Will this work if "Your administrator has disable .. " ?

My school doesn't have notepad or word pad, so what I did was just open up Microsoft Word, saved it and changed it to .bat and added @ cmd.

It gave me the error at the top, or on some of the computers just closed the screen.

salman
05-12-2008, 11:55 PM
u can also put "command.com" (without quotes) in notepad and save the file as .bat.
Hope that helps

jhildy
05-13-2008, 03:23 AM
U don't even have to type all that if the computer is xp or above than just type cmd and save it as a .bat file. If the command prompt is disabled than just write a batch file and it will execute fine.

hylian_loach
05-13-2008, 07:38 AM
There's another method to do this - In the batch file, simply type "command.com". Command.com is the old Windows 98 version of cmd, but it does the same trick.

EDIT: Whoops! I didn't notice that a couple of people had already suggested this. Can the OP of the post include this method to prevent further mistakes :D

Thanks

Vampspiro
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM
wow I must try this but i shall use one of my "friends" account hahah so I wouldnt get caught xD