PDA

View Full Version : Venting (s.m.a.r.t.)

richk1693
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
My opinion on SMART going public.

I'd like to start out by getting any positives out of the way so I can vent. We will have more people which WILL get us more people contributing and learning to script. There will be less work for the mods and less flaming of scar because it cant minimize so it sucks.

SCAR always had an advantage over iBOT and others because we are less used and therefore less in the front as an issue. Now we have SMART for all to see and use. Since SMART is out we will no doubt get far more people into scar (Which is a good thing) but this also means we get more leachers.

With a SCAR autoing population explosion we're going to have far more use of SCAR which will almost undoubtedly get the attention of Jagex. Since we are now just as bad as iBOT Jagex will start to crack down on SCAR users. Therefore we will get banned easier and faster, which nobody wants.

Now lets think about the SRL forums. Us scripters like the feedback on our scripts. (Wow its great did x loads, Lags at the bank, PROGGIES etc...) Now we are going to get a huge bonus of leachers. This means there will be more leachers. Nobody wants to see their script get leached.

What does everyone else think here?

kingarabian
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Man thats a good topic, but its an iffy iffy thing you know. Ibot/nexus are officially out of buisness in my opinion. But it will be harder for jagex to catch us if we keep doing what were good at.

gerauchert
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
kinda pissed it went public. But it wasnt mine to be pissed about. It was the choice of Benland and that is his decision.

On a positive note, I dont think it will be abused too much because even if you are running 2 smarts it lags (atleast for me). So its not going to get out of hand like rs demon or something.

Yes, it will put more attention on us, however most legits think autoing is dead (less likely to report) and therefore if we continue to auto correctly... and disguise our autoers better we should have nothing to fear.

[S]paz
02-04-2008, 10:16 PM
i feel u rich, i wasn't, still am not sure if the rls was a good thing,
more attention on scar from jagex's side isn't a good thing, and now that scar has more or less beaten IBOT hands down, (seeing as IBOT's only advantage was minimising), this means that scar is now a monopoly of the cheating zone.

but this will bring more leechers, more attention.

i trust wizzup?'s judgement and anyone else in the decision making that this was the right choice, and i am no one to argue. I'm just staring my points

however the good things are that hopefully along with more leechers, we should get more people WILLING to want to script. Meaning the growth of SRL as a community and so achieving the goals that SRL has.

~Spaz

richk1693
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
It's not that I don't trust their judgment, but its still just the fact that this is gunna bring all this negative attention to us.

mastaraymond
02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
SRL Is dieing, you didn't notice? We need to do something to keep the people here... You see the point? If it wouldn't be released, SRL would fade away. It wouldn't attract new people. People would only leave.

Hugolord
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
SRL Is dieing, you didn't notice? We need to do something to keep the people here... You see the point? If it wouldn't be released, SRL would fade away. It wouldn't attract new people. People would only leave.

Agreed, still don't like it being released -,-

kingarabian
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Agreed, still don't like it being released -,-

Yea man this release brang down kyab even more to =/. But oh well if this release was to keep srl from dieng im alll for it.

gerauchert
02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
SRL will nvr die! Unless jagex assassinates Fakawi :eek: *hires body guards*

stupedspam
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
This is the key to the future. It has brought me back into the scripting scene and revving to learn this new Scar Minimizing Autoing Resource Thing. :D

It will bring a negative out put on the site but we have always been here... Its just that now we can minimize. Jagex has always been watching but like someone said earlier as long as me auto correctly there is nothing to worry about.

Change is good,
~Stupedspam

eurostylz
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
You have a good point, but some members who are comming in the near future might be programmers with past knowledge like i was, but the leachers will be a problem, maybe they should have to release a script of some sort before they have access to our scripts, just an idea, or only give srl updates to non leachers

R0b0t1
02-05-2008, 12:04 AM
No. ^

As long as SRL gets hits, it appears higher up on the google page... Get it?

bullzeye95
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I thought SRL doesn't show up on google?

I agree with Rich. Not a good idea. Raymond, we don't necessarily need more people, but really more scripters. This will most likely just bring more leechers, and very few scripters.

richk1693
02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Well i know everyone was quitting etc... now that it's out for everyone all we can do is wait and see how big the problem gets to be.Let's hope that its not as bad as we all fear, and let the games begin.

osmm
02-05-2008, 04:41 AM
I, even tho not an SRL member, agree. I think S.M.A.R.T. should have stayed srl members only. We will deffinatly be getting a lot more leechers so we will probably need some kid of new rule to help get rid of them. I do like SMART but seriously it should have stayed srl members only. tbh the reason I think that is probably cause idc much about rs anymore its more about programing. And SMART doesn't help too much in programing.

NiCbaZ
02-05-2008, 05:20 AM
i dont this this will get abused to think about it it makes it harder for the leeachers to setup scripts yes? i dont think it will get abused beaucse not as many people play runescape as much? and for some of us guys who would 1 a script every so often we can do our things we need to do on the computer as well as autoing this will be good unless it gets abused and 10000 of leechers just come here and rape it.

Runescapian321
02-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I think this will happen...

Once legit players find out that many autoers are coming back (probably mainly leechers), they'll start wondering how/why we're doing it now. Many will find out about Scar and they'll start autoing. Jagex will find out, make another update that will almost completely kill us, and runescape will die :eek:. Once you have tasted autoing, it's near impossible to go back to legit (atleast for me lol)...So - the downfall of rs is coming! :)

lakerzz8
02-05-2008, 06:51 AM
I think this will happen...

Once legit players find out that many autoers are coming back (probably mainly leechers), they'll start wondering how/why we're doing it now. Many will find out about Scar and they'll start autoing. Jagex will find out, make another update that will almost completely kill us, and runescape will die :eek:. Once you have tasted autoing, it's near impossible to go back to legit (atleast for me lol)...So - the downfall of rs is coming! :)

I don't see what kind of update they can do that will completely kill SRL. As long as the game is not black and white, (and probably even then) SRL will be able to run and function. With every step they make against autoing, the SRL community makes a larger one to keep autoing.

As for the release of SMART, being a non-member I am happy that it came out. But I don't think it will be abused as it is still up to the discretion of the scripters on whether or not to use it in their scripts.

Also, many people say this will bring more people but they want more scripters. Well scripters are people and for every 15 leachers there might be 1 new scripter.

coo too
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
The first cheating Community I joined was SRL... That was about 1 week ago. I think that people will join and leach but after a few days they will think... "Hey I want to learn to script so I can make my own scripts"... I know I did , so thats why I'm currently learing to script. (My fisrst script will be out soon).

Completely agree

Heavenzeyez1
02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I, even tho not an SRL member, agree. I think S.M.A.R.T. should have stayed srl members only. We will deffinatly be getting a lot more leechers so we will probably need some kid of new rule to help get rid of them. I do like SMART but seriously it should have stayed srl members only. tbh the reason I think that is probably cause idc much about rs anymore its more about programing. And SMART doesn't help too much in programing.

Agreed. 100% Agreed, I'm no SRL-Member, but it should of stayed to Members.
Eerik.

Narcle
02-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Releasing SMART now was a good call. Armies are no longer used due to RS update so why not? Majority of people only use one main character now as it is. So no harm there. The main focus of autoing is skills now and as Ray already said "SRL Is dieing" so this is the perfect opportunity to release when many have quit scripting.

Back when armies were used, hell yes I cared. This was a very powerful tool when it was only SRL Members. This thing was amazing. But now... after the RS update, I seriously don't care.

On to the point of people learning to script... No matter how you try, you can only 100% guarantee a script to work if you know how to script. I don't care how well the script was made, there can be mistakes in setting it up etc. or even small mistypes. Its just not 100% possible every time.

Rikje
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
my first taught ''what the hex?''
but srl needed a little boost. and hopefully this is the one were looking for. off course it takes leecher with it. but didn't every one starts like a leecher.

Google ''Wt fakawi'' or ''wt fakawai'' <<---- it will correct it! :p

Jackrawl
02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
OK, you know what? Before non-members tell us 'You agree,' then be prepared to NOT USE IT UNTIL YOU MEET THE PAST SPECIFICATIONS. You people who don't, you are hypocrites and you are the most hated of all, and will forever be thorns in my side.

R0b0t1
02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
But they got rid of the whole reason it was supposed to be private -- to stop mass-autoing.

Mass-autoing is gone, reason gone, privateness gone.

Timer
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I Beleive We Should Of Just Told All About SMART, and Give Ther Fucking Leachers A Reason TO Learn TO Script And Become A SRL-Member

That Would Of Been The Best Way To Go...

richk1693
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I Beleive We Should Of Just Told All About SMART, and Give Ther Fucking Leachers A Reason TO Learn TO Script And Become A SRL-Member

That Would Of Been The Best Way To Go...
Why was every word started with a capitol letter there? IBWSOJTAASGTFLARTLTSABASM?

Timer
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
CapitalLetterizm... Damnit!

BobboHobbo
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I still believe SMART was released to get more "Google" ad profit, And SRL-Forums werent dieing the 1000 unqiue on a day, which is 10 dollars a day depends on clicks, so really, why get more money and now jagex will prob try harder to stuff up SCAR.

Smart shouldnt even of been made.

P1nky
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
oh well w/e leechers should feel a bit guitly that we are giving them so much.
and they just leeching over a waste of time game :P

red eyes 20
02-16-2008, 02:36 AM
busier forums are needed, these forums have gotten SLOW
and yes there will deffently get a ton more leechers, but will also get more non leechers, i think the leecher/correct cheater ratio will stay, the same.
but maybe a few less people out of the bunch will try and script to get member, sense there's one less thing for members only: smart.

[-jesus-]
02-19-2008, 01:34 AM

I agree with Rich. Not a good idea. Raymond, we don't necessarily need more people, but really more scripters. This will most likely just bring more leechers, and very few scripters.

Maybe 1/5 leechers turn into scripters, scripters stay longer, the 4/5 leechers will usually leave(hopefully), but first probably brag to their RS friends that they have a "Ub3r l337 h4x0r R5 b07 7h47 c4n d0 4ny7h1ng 0n R5" (translation: Uber leet haxor RS bot that can do anything on RS). Then, maybe a few of those friends that the leecher sends over, becomes interested in scripting, he becomes member/leecher & tells more. Cycles continues (hopefully).