Love is but flames.
For the blind it shines,
For the bitter it thaws,
Numbing when it's departed,
Somber when it's deceased.

Love is but flames.
Love is but games,
It has to end.

Had to write a love poem a while back and found it. Hope you all enjoy it.
P.S. I know it's a dodgy rhyming scheme, but had to base it on a poets and I can't remember who :eek:

L3ss Than 33
02-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I like it!
The substance is there (though it would be better with a more complicated rhyme scheme). =]

mixster
02-10-2008, 10:33 PM
The poem was supposed to be setup with long lines that flow with loose rhymes to make it seem like a mixture of a story and a song. I chose to use endings with 's' s to make it flow better with the hard 'd' s at the end of the stanza to provide a subtle contrast. It was all well thought out, but alas it was school work so it didn't stop me from getting bored quickly and thus giving up ;)

L3ss Than 33
02-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Wow...
I didn't spot that at all. Call me blind haha.
You're right, it was well thought out. Do you remember what poet did that?

mixster
02-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Nah, it was a good year to a year and a half ago, so it's a bit foggy (only got the rhyming scheme after going through notes). Think his name was something like Harry Wynds though or was it Mary Wynds? Was it even Wynds? I have no idea and will just keep on saying random names until it jogs my memory...

Harry
02-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Nah, it was a good year to a year and a half ago, so it's a bit foggy (only got the rhyming scheme after going through notes). Think his name was something like Harry Wynds though or was it Mary Wynds? Was it even Wynds? I have no idea and will just keep on saying random names until it jogs my memory...

My name is Harry :p

Hugolord
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
My name is Harry :p

Hugo, rofl.

Harry
02-12-2008, 08:09 PM
:rolleyes: I was refering to
Think his name was something like Harry Wynds

mixster
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I've been thread-jacked :confused:
Ahwell.
Hi, My name's Bob and I'm an alcoholic.. or a paramedic - I forget.