PDA

View Full Version : Sig/Photoshop Try #2

IEatJ00erBaybees
02-16-2008, 11:19 PM
New
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5456/iejb2copylv4.gif
Old
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7492/iejbcopy2sb5.png

I'd say it kicks the shit out of my old one after I've came back and learned some stuff.

Rate/Hate/Masturbate

Hey, at least I'm learning. It may still not be that great, and it was really fast, but I'm taking steps and that's all that matters.

[S]paz
02-16-2008, 11:22 PM
i wanna Masturbate :P lol its much better than the older one but the end of the barrel on the gun its very choppy, that's the render so if you did it yourself then clean that up otherwise its good, try using some brushes or grads to blend the render into the background :)

~Spaz

ZaSz
02-16-2008, 11:28 PM
90% better than the old 1 nice!

IEatJ00erBaybees
02-16-2008, 11:47 PM
i wanna Masturbate :P lol its much better than the older one but the end of the barrel on the gun its very choppy, that's the render so if you did it yourself then clean that up otherwise its good, try using some brushes or grads to blend the render into the background :)

~Spaz

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on that and produce another.

Oh and the end of the barrel was like that on the render. I noticed it too, I was like, WTF?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5456/iejb2copylv4.gif

I didn't exactly know what you meant, but I cleaned up his knee and the gun as little.

GoF
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Nice. Although the gun looks a tad bit choppy.

Rikje
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
it look oke,, but indeed, the gun is a little bit crap(the silencer). :)
Blending Option fzw?:P

Sp0rky
02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Background too plain.

Get rid of the outer glow on the render (the army man), then duplicate that layer, and filter -> blur -> motion blur (Angle of 0, blur of 20-40 pixels), and put the duplicated blurred layer, behind the army man.

Then duplicate the army man layer about 4 more times, motion blur them all (with a sloping angle, like this \ ), with like 50-80 spread of pixels, and move them so they cover the background. Then merge all those layers together (ctrl + e for merge down) and motion blur that whole layer (with a sloping angle, like this \ ). Sharpen that layer you just motion blurred, and create a new layer ontop. Do some nice brushing on it, set to soft light, and bam, you got a nice background that your render blurs into.

IEatJ00erBaybees
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Background too plain.

Get rid of the outer glow on the render (the army man), then duplicate that layer, and filter -> blur -> motion blur (Angle of 0, blur of 20-40 pixels), and put the duplicated blurred layer, behind the army man.

Then duplicate the army man layer about 4 more times, motion blur them all (with a sloping angle, like this \ ), with like 50-80 spread of pixels, and move them so they cover the background. Then merge all those layers together (ctrl + e for merge down) and motion blur that whole layer (with a sloping angle, like this \ ). Sharpen that layer you just motion blurred, and create a new layer ontop. Do some nice brushing on it, set to soft light, and bam, you got a nice background that your render blurs into.

Wow PS Genius. I'll try this out when I get home (on vacation now).

www.americasarmy.com if you wanna check out the sickest free game EVER!

Garrett
02-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Looks much better than your old sig, and I also agree that the lines need to be smoothed a bit.

IEatJ00erBaybees
02-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Sp0rk, your suggestion didn't work for me, it made it really distorted, I must have done something wrong. Oh well.

HyperSecret
02-22-2008, 11:31 PM
lol what sp0rk-eh had suggested is a good way for people to start with getting backgrounds...here is an example of what he meant...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z132/HyperSecret/sotw2entry.jpg

i made the hulk HUGE and used his fist and part of his face and blended them together with some blur and such

IEatJ00erBaybees
02-23-2008, 01:27 AM
You mean the BG is his fist and head?

coo too
03-01-2008, 02:16 PM
You might not like what I'm about to say. I like your old one more lol.

XxXx Toxin XxXx
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
The thing about the sig is that its too plain first off, Secondly you might want to get a better render of a picture, and make the text more florescent to the background:) It'll look much better if its like a green text with black lining, thats that I'd do if I was you.