PDA

View Full Version : How to make a word link to a site.

Pitbull
02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Well Hi and welcome to my tutorial. ;) Read on if you're interested in learning how to make (a) word(s) link to a url or site.

How to make a word link to a site like this (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26056).

Well it looks a lot harder than it actually is, You need 2 things;

1. The actual url of the site.
2. And u need this line;[*url=http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26056]this[/url*]

** remove the asterisks !! **

So basically you find a site you want to link to, copy the url, paste it in there, and then edit the "this" section to whatever you want. (multiple words are also possible.)

I know there is a premade button for this, which I adore, but I wanted to teach people how to do it themselves instead of just using buttons for everything you do. I had in mind that srl-forums.com is not the only forum people go to.

Well I hope you understand how to do it now :spot:

PB.

malotthouse
02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
hmm... i guess this can be useful for newbs who don't know how to do this. but good tut i suppose.

Dynamite
02-18-2008, 07:50 PM
i agree good tut, useful for new people :)

T ~ M

Strykr
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Nice tutorial. Helped me =]

ZaSz
02-19-2008, 02:20 AM
This is just spam for postcount. You could just press the link button.

Pitbull
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
hmm... i guess this can be useful for newbs who don't know how to do this. but good tut i suppose.

i agree good tut, useful for new people

T ~ M

Glad you liked it guy's.

Zasz - 3 people already posted they found this usefull so I dont think this is that useless is it ?

Lee Lok Hin
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
No personal feelings, but you can just highlight the word and click the "World witha paperclick button". Still, if you include the other tags, it might be useful.

Pitbull
02-19-2008, 05:17 PM
EDIT; At first I really had the feeling that I should change my thread to something more complicated but I changed my mind. My whole point of this thread was to inform people how to make a word link to a site. Not everything you can do with tags and all that stuff. For the people saying that you can just use the world with a paperclick thing; This is not the only forum people go to. I think something is better if you know how to do it, instead of just using it. Scripting and using scripts is a great example. I also posted this tutorial on another forum and I'm getting good responses from well respected forum members who just didn't know this but outsmarted me on every other area. My intention is to help and for that reason I will not change the tutorial. It was meant as a basic, short tutorial and it will stay that way.

PB.

Leelokhin - zasz already pointed that out to me, so your post was not really helpfull.

EDIT: direct quote from the thread; How to become a SRL junior member by man 72.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for the day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for life.

only0nechris
05-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Neat. I never knew that :x

Richard
05-05-2008, 08:54 AM
You could also say that you can just highlight the text, then click on the hyperlink button on the outside of the reply box.

Akamaru
05-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Easy sweet i can trick my friends now thank you!

Richard
05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Easy sweet i can trick my friends now thank you!

How can you "trick" your friends by simply knowing how to post a hyperlink?

ShowerThoughts
05-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Maybe his friends are 3 years old ?

n3ss3s
05-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Dude Richard, I won't post a real rickroll link, but an example:

www.srl-forums.com/forum/read-this-plz-p33920.html (http://www.youALMOSTgotrickrolled.com)

Richard
05-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh, I wasn't thinking, it was early in the morning and I didn't get to sleep until about 5 yesterday...

Ciesson
05-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Excellent, never new you could do it manually!
Why don't you visit my hand coded site here (http://www.myextrabux.info)!

red eyes 20
05-13-2008, 03:35 AM
*caugh* what doesn't know basic bb code/html??

< a href= "redeyesdraco.co.nr"click here to go to my site pl0x!>