PDA

View Full Version : My website - Changes needed?

I Rambozo I
02-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello there,

I'm Ken Hermans, a cyclist from Belgium.
Since alot of people are interested in my cycling I created a sort of fansite with all my latest results etc.

www.kenhermans.be

(http://www.kenhermans.be)(It's pretty outdated right now (No pictures etc.) because my cylcing season hasn't begun yet, but I'd like to have it working optimal for the new season to start ^^)

I'd like to know if you guys see anything I have to change to my website to make it better looking/better loading/etc.

The website (in Dutch) is written in Dreamweaver 8

Rambozo.

P1nky
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
you wrote that by your self :S? or used a program

Hugolord
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
you wrote that by your self :S? or used a program

The website (in Dutch) is writting in Dreamweaver 8

not bad.

[S]paz
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
if possible add some css to it, make it look better

~Spaz

I Rambozo I
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
if possible add some css to it, make it look better

~Spaz
Okay thanks for the tip ^^
I'll try to take a look at it :)

Main
02-27-2008, 08:01 AM
its acturaly very good! i'll take a look at you source when am on my computer.

wii atm

I Rambozo I
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
its acturaly very good! i'll take a look at you source when am on my computer.
Okay, thanks! ^^

I Rambozo I
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Ok guys thanks for the tips! ;)

@ Spaz: check out my new CSS thingy's.

Rambozo.

kelly slater pro surfer
03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
wow verry nice might want to add css and maby change to php?

Hobbit
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
That bike seat picture kinda freaked me out cause i wasn't expecting it to jump out at me :p

Good site it looks nice, maybe a thing to work on in the future is to make it mroe ascetically pleasing

I Rambozo I
03-09-2008, 08:13 AM
That bike seat picture kinda freaked me out cause i wasn't expecting it to jump out at me :p

Good site it looks nice, maybe a thing to work on in the future is to make it mroe ascetically pleasing
Heheh sorry 'bout that, I'm going to make on OnClick instead of OnHover lol ;) thanks for the reply :)

jon_071
03-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Well, you definitely have the concept done, time to refine it a little...

It wooks very nice, but the borders look a bit pixelly. You could easily change that by getting GIMP for free or getting PS CS3 (if you can *cough* legally get it.)

Also, the width of the whole thing was a bit too wide, IMO. try going for an 85% with the main table, or div, or span or w/e.

The navigation bar simply needs to look more classy. Don't put | bars in it -- try putting -'s in it instead, and make the font smaller, without all caps. The obvious border makes the nav bar stand out, but is also not very pretty.

If you think I'm a moron who doesn't know what hes doing, this is a website I made for some points in german class... (The german SUCKS I know, but the website is cool)

http://www.freewebs.com/germandaywebsite/

Hope I helped you out.

03-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey dude, nice site (although I frown upon the fact you used dreamweaver :P)

Please don't listen to these people like 'kelly slater pro surfer' telling you to use CSS, if they knew shit all about what they were talking about they would know that the site has already been syled... http://www.kenhermans.be/style.css - Also the CSS should be used to set the layout of the site and colours etc... seeing as that's already been done, I don't see why you wuold need more CSS so don't listen to them they're talking out their ass.

As for converting it to PHP (kelly slater again...), there's no need for that, seeing as it's not really a dynamic site there's no need for you to really bother with it...

In regard to Jon's post, I wouldn't suggest you take adivce from someone who used a site builder... I'm pretty sure a trained monkey could do that ;)... Swapping "|" for "-" in the menu isn't going to make any bloodyt difference and won't look more "classy"... In fact it would probably make it look worse. If he knew what he was talking about he would know that you don't build a site using tables, that's a very old and outdated fashion ;)

It's looking fine in my opinion (of course you could tweak a few things here and there), but seeing as it's a site just for your fans, people are hardly going to go there expecting to see a site comparable to a big corporation site ;)

All the best,

Wizzup?
03-14-2008, 07:28 PM
I guess some PHP coding would be cool. :)
And yea... CSS'es are quite nice, too.

brent8900
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Good website don't know if it needs any changes.

I Rambozo I
03-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks 1337 and Wizzup? for the useful comments. I'm really not into PHP but I might get more into it someday.

Rambozo.