PDA

View Full Version : F@!%& Microsoft.

malotthouse
02-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, so i sent my zune in almost 2 months ago, because my hold button was broken. they said that they would repair it on the phone, and it was working perfectly fine when i packed it and sent it away. they also told me it would be 4-6 weeks, not 2 months. but no big deal on that part. anyway, i get home today and find the package on my front stoop. i open it up, and look at my zune, and noticed they hadn't fixed the hold button. So i read the letter inside, and it says that there was internal damage to the hard drive and that they couldn't repair it. And it worked fine when i shipped it.

so if anyone else is pissed at microsoft, do tell why.

Runescapian321
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
I hate Microsoft because they made this thing called 'Vista' :p

I was forced to buy a computer with Vista since I don't know how to build my own computer and most places don't offer XP as an alternative... And I hate it (Well, it's not that bad, but compared to XP it's bad).

Drew_Dawg
02-25-2008, 10:09 PM
wow, they pretty much screwed you over....

i don't have any reason to hate microsoft, but i don't much care for them, of course i'm not really educated in any way at all regarding them, i've never played with vista before, but everyone i've ever talked to says it sucks.

What they did with your zune sucks hardcore, i would sue them

We do live in a sue happy world afterall ;)

malotthouse
02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
no, this is even better:

i took it out and decided id put a new ipod hard drive in it and make it better. and i plug it in, it turns on and plays music and videos perfectly fine.

i don't get it:mad:

Drew_Dawg
02-25-2008, 10:36 PM
that's microsoft for ya, i'm sure you're frustrated, it can be frustrating, especially with the amount of money all these toys can cost

as i said before (tryin to give you some humor here, maybe lighten your frustration a little bit) sue 'em ;)

Harry
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM

I was forced to buy a computer with Vista since I don't know how to build my own computer and most places don't offer XP as an alternative... And I hate it (Well, it's not that bad, but compared to XP it's bad).

It is something called Windows XP SP2 Torrents ;) I had one on Demonoid a while back... I could snail-mail you a copy if you really wanted it.

Runescapian321
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
It is something called Windows XP SP2 Torrents ;) I had one on Demonoid a while back... I could snail-mail you a copy if you really wanted it.

I'm really paranoid about pirating. I always have the thought that I might get caught. Next time I go to Europe (where everybody pirates and nobody gets caught) I'm going to download all kinds of fun stuff (photoshop, OS's, music, movies, etc.)

@mallot

I bet they just didn't feel like fixing it - Lazy Microsoft!

Microsoft [would] = phail

If it weren't for the part that they make billions a day....

What would be the best way to transfer files between 2 computers over the internet? And lets say I'm using Logmein so I can control both of them.

GoF
02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
If it weren't for the part that they make billions a day....

More like millions a day, nubcake.

n3ss3s
02-26-2008, 01:30 PM
I hate Microsoft for spreading the deadliest virus on earth - Vista.

Like... Vista's obviously got something against Hl2, it's not fun to find yourself lagging a 0.2ms clip for just enough time that you're going to be bsod:t, and don't have the scar script saved that you were earlier doing :S

@RuneScapian: You maybe want to just download it from adobe before getting the risk of getting caught for something -

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop

That's for 30 days, after that, you need a serial key.

[-jesus-]
02-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Microsoft is OK (omg dont start flaming me :() once they fix the bugs out of their products. So like after 1 year from first release the products don't have a lot of bugs left ;).

& Vista isn't too bad once you get used to it, really good for searching through gigs & gigs of files.

n3ss3s
02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
@Jesus: I'm not gonna flame you or anything - but it's the indexed search thingie that is fast - in other words, your C:\Users or is it C:\Documents and Settings\Users :rolleyes: Though might be that I'm just a Vista noob :D

[-jesus-]
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
@Jesus: I'm not gonna flame you or anything - but it's the indexed search thingie that is fast - in other words, your C:\Users or is it C:\Documents and Settings\Users :rolleyes: Though might be that I'm just a Vista noob :D

Meh, I still like Vista all around though :)

malotthouse
02-27-2008, 01:33 AM
vista has an awesome interface and all, but microsoft does need to get the bugs out of it. i have vista on a different computer, and i don't mind using it.

but ill stick with my xp :)

GoF
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
vista has an awesome interface and all, but microsoft does need to get the bugs out of it. i have vista on a different computer, and i don't mind using it.

but ill stick with my xp :)

You can dl some vista themes to xp.

Korbman
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Wow Malotthouse, that sucks to have microsoft break your zune...and unfortunately you really can't sue them, unless you have at least some conclusive, and documented, evidence. Ah well...
Vista, in my opinion, is an operating system that does have a lot of potential to be much better than XP, but right now sucks hardcore. I had Vista on my laptop, and I finally got so pissed off at it that I put XP back on (it took me a full 4 days to get Vista off, XP on, and to find all of the compatible drivers...but whatev). I have 4 GB of mem on my laptop...Vista, alone, used 1.5 GB to run....XP uses about 450-500 MB now (h)

And on pirating stuff...I pirate everything. Doesn't matter what it is...Apps, games, movies, music...everything that can go on a computer. Been doing it for about 4-5 years now, and I've saved myself tons of money :p
Anyway, if anybody needs help with some knowhow on pirating (torrents, DC++, not-getting-caught, etc.) I'd be glad to give advice.
Also, I have found this great site... http://host07.pipebytes.com ...which allows you to send any file, of any size (yes, that means 1GB, 10GB...1TB...doesn't matter) to any email. Thing is, it takes ages to upload a large file to send. But if you want to send your friend a pirated game...its got a good use! ;)

- Korbman

Torrent of Flame
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/nzf80k.jpg

Drew_Dawg
02-27-2008, 11:38 PM
lol nice, gansta word baby

i need to turn in some english papers using that:D

is that a reflection of the efficiency of vista? ;)

malotthouse
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
it might as well be. like i said... vista just has some... bugs (to put it lightly). oh and GoF, i do have like a theme pack on my laptop which is xp. i simply love it!

[-jesus-]
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
@Korbman: Laptops, "in simpler terms" just plain suck balls. & do you actually upload any torrents or just leech? :rolleyes:

@Drew: that pic said MS 2002, way before Vista

coo too
02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Come on guys. Microsoft isn't that bad. I admit they have made some mistakes, but like [-Jesus-] said after a year or 2 most of the bugs have bean cleared up and everything is working fine.

Drew_Dawg
03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
@ [-Jesus-]

i realize that, i was just tryin to make a joke ;)

Mr.Klean
03-01-2008, 02:27 AM
http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/02/28/another-gamer-screwed-by-microsoft/

malotthouse
03-01-2008, 04:36 AM
holy crap klean. that sucks for that guy. id have to go to them and strangle them if that happened to me.

ouch... uber burn.

gamer 5
03-01-2008, 04:45 AM
I hate Microsoft, I send my xbox 360 to get repaired and a game was stuck inside, I called in, they said to just post a note on the console that stated the game was there. Then when I recieved it, NO game came with it... I was so pissed! I called in and they little bratz told me I hadn't send in the game! Are You Kidding! This is for microsoft :f:

Harry
03-01-2008, 05:08 AM
This is for microsoft :f:

That is funny, in your siggy you have "This is for Jagex! :f:" :sasmokin:

On the front of the Xbox, afaik, there is a hole, stick a paperclip in it and the CD pops out. Like a computer's CD drive.

[-jesus-]
03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GyGv-RqFM&NR=1

How to "install" Windows Vista in 2 minutes!#

coo too
03-01-2008, 05:26 PM
This made me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92884pwNLs

Torrent of Flame
03-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I hate my XBox.. My headset snapped in the controller when I took it out, I stuck a pair of tweezers into the hole to try to get it out aaand the controller broke. I was told it was my fault and I should take more care of my headset..

Korbman
03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
;354916']@Korbman: Laptops, "in simpler terms" just plain suck balls. & do you actually upload any torrents or just leech? :rolleyes:

haha I admit, I do both! I have to be really careful when uploading though, since that's the best way to get caught...I try to upload only smaller files (like less than 500 MB). That's for torrents though...
On ApexDC++ I download and upload EVERYTHING...and it's relatively safe I suppose. It's pretty much the ultimate P2P. ;)

Oh, and yes...laptops do (more or less) suck balls. I've got an ASUS F3Sv-B1, which isn't so bad for the $1700 I spent for it. The graphics card is only a GeForce 8600M GS...which pretty much blows, but then again I can't upgrade it so I might as well just get used to it. Other than that it's fairly fast.

Runescapian321
03-01-2008, 07:18 PM
;356110']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GyGv-RqFM&NR=1

How to "install" Windows Vista in 2 minutes!#

I think you put the wrong link (That's 'The Truth about Windows Vista') :p

Is this the one you meant to put? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno&feature=related

^ Now THAT is funny :D

kelly slater pro surfer
03-01-2008, 10:25 PM
f2@#$#@ microsoft omg like your zune i sent my gateway moneter and the color was fadeing i cudent fuiget out why and i got my moneter back 1 month later with a cracked screen!

[-jesus-]
03-03-2008, 04:48 AM
I think you put the wrong link (That's 'The Truth about Windows Vista') :p

Is this the one you meant to put? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno&feature=related

^ Now THAT is funny :D

Yeah, I meant that vid XD. lol @ the whole thing ;)

malotthouse
03-04-2008, 01:57 AM
haha. i doubt that vista is a Nazi company. but still, they have alot of problems.

palmpilot71
03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Yah I hate Vista. It suckzorz... I am trying to build a PC for my little sister but I want to use XP because Vista:Sucks AND $$$ Can I use my XP disk on her computer? Or should I buy another one?

KoKouKo
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Yah I hate Vista. It suckzorz... I am trying to build a PC for my little sister but I want to use XP because Vista:Sucks AND $$$ Can I use my XP disk on her computer? Or should I buy another one?
you need another key (goto your school/workplace and find a computer, not one you use and take the key off that ;)) a MORE legal way of getting xp for free is TinyXP the only legal solution is to buy another key.

ShowerThoughts
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Conclusion
Xp + Vista Skin

+

Tottaly Performans And Look!

;)

KoKouKo
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
TinyXP owns all...

R0b0t1
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Ooooh yesss.... Dark Lord Bill is hatching his plans... Ohhh yess....

The day will come!

ben600006
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
i had xp, decided to try vista (not realising there was no downgrade:mad: ) then after deciding vista was 5H!T, i had to re formatt my hard drive and lost all my data...vista is so much hastle, there are LOADS of unsupported drivers and programs that have to be paid for to upgrade

i wouldnt recomend it to anyone !!

i have a relatively quick pc (windows xp)... but with vista, it used to take up to 10 mins to fully boot

if u havent seen the "how to install xp in 2 minutes" video, i suggest u watch it lmao :D

PvH
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM

vista sucks
its like a computer virus
i hate microsoft too:mad:
i get often errors that i need to reinstall my pc, cause the keyboard doesnt work anymore..or the mouse...or other things
but i have to deal with it