PDA

View Full Version : Semi takes man in a wheelchair on 50 MPH ride

Narcle
03-02-2008, 05:06 AM
I couldn't believe this when my mom told me just today. I looked it up and there it was on my local news net site.

Paw Paw - He was stuck to the front of a semi, going down the road at 50 miles an hour. Now, he's talking about his unbelievable ride.

It all happened in Van Buren County Wednesday afternoon. The man, who suffers from Muscular Dystrophy was visiting Paw Paw when his wheelchair was hit by the semi.

Investigators say the semi truck owned by RMI had pulled out of a local gas station. The young man in the wheelchair some how pulled in front of the semi-truck, causing his wheelchair handles to become stuck in the front grill of the truck.

Link:
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76184

There is video coverage and 911 call recordings. The 911 call recordings shouting "oh my god theres a guy suck to a semi-truck in his wheel chair!" some where along those lines lol.

One trooper said, "You could work another 90 years in Law Enforcement and never see something like this. We're just glad no one was injured in this unusual incident."

I'm still laughing because no one got hurt obviously. And the possibility of this happening... omg ROFL.

StrikerX
03-02-2008, 05:20 AM
haha rofl

GoF
03-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Kind of funny, I suppose.. But good that nobody got hurt.

haha rofl

You, sir, have just failed epically.

Mr.Klean
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow, didn't the semi driver notice that he was stuck in his grill?

Well, it must of been one hell of a ride.

a ghetto boy
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow I remember seeing that news story. Its funny, but at the same time scary that people are so clueless that they can drive around without knowing a wheelchair is stuck on the front of their truck...