PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial and Discussion for transfering wealth after update.

retro1deag
03-02-2008, 12:53 PM
So "THE update" that changed Runescape forever has severely limited the select few who choose to auto correctly.

Hate how you can no longer have your well trained and hard working army transfer their wealth to your main?

Well thanks to jagex introducing the GE and not updating prices properly there is a way around the "unbalanced trade" update.

There is a neat little trick that is known by few but not exactly known by your everyday Runescaper. You see for some reason Jagex decided that unstrung adamant crossbows are worth approximately 9.8k on the GE. What does that mean for you? That means that if you have a main account with decent skills, you can buy the materials to make an unstrung addy crossbow for FAR FAR cheaper then 9.8k. Now all you have to do is make enough addy crossbows to, in theory, even out your trades from your army.

For example. If you want to trade 9.8 million gp from one of your autoers onto your main, all you have to do is make 1,000 addy crossbows, open up a trade with your autoer, your autoer puts up the 9.8 million, and your main puts up the 1k addy xbows. VIOLA, you just transfered wealth at a fraction of the cost.

This only works because the unstrung addy xbow is what is considered a "junk" item. It is called such because Jagex has placed its value at 9.8k, when in actuality it will never sell in the GE, and it has very little ACTUAL value.

Unstrung addy xbows are not the only item that it will work with, however, that is the only item i could think off the top of my head that works, I think pouches from summoning work well for this too. If you want to use this, I suggest you hurry up and do it, because who knows when jagex might fix this as it gets used more often.

******disclaimer******

Invest in this at your own risk, I take no responsibility for what might happen to your account or if you lose gp, while doing so.

And now the second part of this thread. What ways have you found around the unbalanced trade problem?

ShadowMinion
03-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Suppose, but alot of effort would go into somthing as simple as that, perhaps someone could make a "addy crossbow maker" script >.<

ShadowMinion [exppo]

Runescapian321
03-02-2008, 03:02 PM
The Eye of Newt way

Use gerauchert's or N1ke!'s Eye of Newt Buyers on your main. They buy from the Port Sarim magic shop for 3ea. Then go trade them to your autoer for approx. 75ea.

The Monk Robe way

Run from the monastery to edgeville bank collecting the monk robes on the second floor (on your main). Then sell each set to your autoer for 1kea.

The Bounty Hunter way

Buy some armor/weapons on your autoer. Wait until the middle of the night and bring your autoer and main to bounty hunter. This would work best if you have some friends protecting you. Anyway, you have to kill your autoer and get his stuff.

But in my opinion, the only effective way is the Bounty Hunter way. The problem with the Eye of Newts is that you could sell them on the GE for the same price. The Monk Robe way takes a while, and your way also seems like it takes a while, and you have to be a member.

kelly slater pro surfer
03-04-2008, 12:38 AM
nice ideas guys ill try them out=]

Pure1993
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Um, why oldn't you just sell the xbows once ya made them? if you sell them in the GE, or trade for the autoed goods, you will end up with exactly the saem ammount of money gain on each account, just you wouldn't need to go through the trading thing, but only put them on the GE... The only way which actually trasnfers money in the correct meaning of trasfering is the bounty hunter, all the rest just shove wealth back and forth, which equals in overall losses or no change at all. (BTW: it is unbelieveable easy to survive 3 minutes in an arena, especially if you are a mage/ranger with lots of nature runes. ;))

Hitman543
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Aren't addy crossbows members, so technically you would have to pay for ALL of your army to be members for this to work?

--Hitman

magexx 11
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
there not 9.8k ea they are 1.5k each.......... rofl

retro1deag
03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
there not 9.8k ea they are 1.5k each.......... rofl

At the time this was written they were worth 9.8k each... jagex realized how big of a loop hole this was and fixed the GE price. And pure, who in their right mind would buy an unstrung addy xbow for 9.8k each?! That was the point.... they were considered "junk" items because NO ONE was buying them on the GE. fucking read.

xhibit
03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Isn't there a similar method involving oil laterns? Unforunately I don't know the details... just heard it on the grapevine.

redmans
03-20-2008, 05:57 AM
still havent got around to testing it but i said before buy all ur money in death runes from the ge cause runes are hella easy 2 sell and have ur guy kill him in bounty hunter.. it would help if u had a friend to protect u after u kill ur other acount and wait out the 3 mins.

john smith
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
basically there is no "good" way to transfer wealth now. it was just like Jagex kicked all of us in the nads

john smith
03-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Aren't addy crossbows members, so technically you would have to pay for ALL of your army to be members for this to work?

--Hitman

No i think you can trade with non-members through GE even if u r a member, so u would only have to pay for ur main (correct me if im wrong)

thedetro125
04-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Heres my way- you get free smithing xp while doing it, so it is quite worth it. (turn all your 10 auto wcers into something worth having after THE UPDATE)

Person A is the one you want to put the gold on
Person B is the one you want to take the gold off

Person A buys iron bars for 100gp each. Person A makes iron lanterns (market value 500gp each) Person A sells iron lanterns to Person B. VOILA, you have just transferred 400 gp and gotten 25 smithing xp. Keep doing until happy =D

Matt