PDA

View Full Version : SPAMMERS!!!! of the spammers....

Brain
03-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Alright, well, I personally don't mind spammers...I know, you can hate me now, w/e
anyway, the main portion of this is rag on the spammers that spam spammers.
I mean....is saying..."STOP SPAMMING!!!!!" after someone says nice script any better than the first!!!????
seriously....youre the biggest worst type of hypocrite ever....and youre stupid!
it just makes MORE of the spam that you say you hate.....
if you don't like spam, ignore it and let the wonderful people here destroy it, RAM and others do a great job.
I'm not even going to go get examples of this stupidity, because I'm sure everyone has seen it, just thought I'd say how stupid those ppl are.
If need be, I will go get a list of examples

Thanks
-Brain

malotthouse
03-05-2008, 02:17 AM
i think this is true, but the nooby spammers that spam originally are the ones that need to be told not to spam. if an srl member tells someone not to... don't question it.

edit: i like your analogy with trash. pretty thoughtful

Brain
03-05-2008, 02:27 AM
SRL Members aren't gods....and still...its just freaking spam on its own!!!!
if someone throws trash on the ground, you don't get pissed, throw you trash on the ground, and then beg for someone to pick it up do you?
well i guess thats kind of a bad example....because I would just pick the trash up, but saying "SPAMMER" is not picking the trash up, because you just added more trash
They ARE told not to spam...in the rules, and in by the moderators...if anything...a PM should be sent to them by everyone that thinks it's spam....that way there isn't more spam on the forums...
I noticed I do a lot of ellipses when I talk online....hmmmm....

EDIT:
btw, I will ALWAYS question EVERYTHING, a man who does not is ignorant

Santa_Clause
03-05-2008, 04:42 AM
SRL Members aren't gods....and still...its just freaking spam on its own!!!!
if someone throws trash on the ground, you don't get pissed, throw you trash on the ground, and then beg for someone to pick it up do you?
well i guess thats kind of a bad example....because I would just pick the trash up, but saying "SPAMMER" is not picking the trash up, because you just added more trash
They ARE told not to spam...in the rules, and in by the moderators...if anything...a PM should be sent to them by everyone that thinks it's spam....that way there isn't more spam on the forums...
I noticed I do a lot of ellipses when I talk online....hmmmm....

EDIT:
btw, I will ALWAYS question EVERYTHING, a man who does not is ignorant

You think if they weren't told over and over again, they would stop spamming? There's no way in hell they would. Plus, there aren't enough moderators/administrators to maintain this whole forum. Even if there is, I'm sure they wouldn't mind a helping hand to enforce the rules.

Brain
03-05-2008, 04:59 AM
its not a helping hand tho...its just more spam...so if i wanted to get my post count up i could go around saying don't spam after some noob spams?
I know thats not what they are doing, but still, same difference....
And like I pointed out, I really think that 1,000 PM's from everyone would take a bigger effect on the spammer, he'd be like "holy hell! they all hate me already"
I think that would shut him up more quickly than anything.

AND if the are spamming...I highly doubt that they are going to come back to that thread to read what people said right after they "commented"

n3ss3s
03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Look Brain, I think you've gotten the wrong idea, it's not that there is a certain amount of spam, which being exceeded is bad.

Spam, like "nice script", is stupid, but it only gives a bad image of the person himself.

If you see a "Stop spamming" somewhere once in a while, there is no problem with it, but if a person is chasing someone around the forum posting everywhere don't spam, that is wrong.

Some single person pointing fingers doesn't affect anything, and that, is Sp.. no, almost spam.

A shorty post necassarily isn't spam, a post saying "stop spamming" has a real meaning and is not stupid or "un-useful" at all, maybe ineffective in some cases.

If you see spam somewhere, just report the post by clicking the red cross next to his post, in the right and a moderator will come and take care of it.

So, conclusion - short post isn't always spam.

For example if someone makes a topic "post the current time at your timezone", - please do not, and someone replies to it saying for example "12:51 GMT + 2" isn't spam, it was an ontopic post even the thread topic wasn't maybe the best one...

gerauchert
03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Alright, well, I personally don't mind spammers...I know, you can hate me now, w/e
I mean....is saying..."STOP SPAMMING!!!!!" after someone says nice script any better than the first!!!????
seriously....youre the biggest worst type of hypocrite ever....and youre stupid!
if you don't like spam, ignore it and let the wonderful people here destroy it, RAM and others do a great job.
I'm not even going to go get examples of this stupidity, because I'm sure everyone has seen it, just thought I'd say how stupid those ppl are.

Thanks
-Brain

STOP SPAMMING!!!

jk i agree with you =)

MasterKill
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
saying "stop spamming" makes someone look like a noob imo.

when someone spamms once just don't mind.

if someone is spamming all the time, there is a lovely red cross button wich is called the "report post" button.

and you are right, saying "stop spamming" is even more spamm imo then "nice script" or something.

GoF
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Thanks
-Brain

Stop spamming and ranting you dumb bitch.

Brain
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
and you are right, saying "stop spamming" is even more spamm imo then "nice script" or something.
Thanks MK, I think we are kind of on the same page here

@n3ss3s: I don't think I ever that all short posts were spam...in fact I never said that. I also know that there isn't some kind of spam quota that is never supposed to be reached, that would be crazy. And I totally forgot to mention the report abuse option, that would be the best idea...and if you wanted to make it personal...instead of saying "don't spam" I think it would be better to send them PM....that way they are sure to read to it. As I stated, if someone is spamming, I doubt they will come back to that thread to see what people said after them....so they will never even see the "STOP SPAMMING!!" that someone so lovingly left them.

STOP SPAMMING!!!

jk i agree with you =)
Thanks...it made me laugh, lol

Stop spamming and ranting you dumb bitch.
And my deepest apologies sir!!!! I had no idea that I was not allowed to rant in this section!!! please, proceed to kick me in the ass more, thank you!...

Well, I guess I'm glad some people agree with me :) and its refreshing to know that some people are still jack-asses...at least I know the world hasn't changed

n3ss3s
03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
You misunderstood me, you just care too much about it... simply said... no offense...

GoF
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Why do you have to whine about something that's forbidden by the rules? Not to mention there's loads of other threads and posts about this. And who doesn't know spam is annoying? So this thread is kind of a Stupid Pointless Annoying Message, but I suppose some people just always have to find something to complain about.

Torrent of Flame
03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Seriousley. What you go around after the Spammers of the Spammers to tell them to Stop making Pointless Spam?

IS there a neverending chain of people making Spam posts to stop others Spamming?

Its the way it works. Admitedly, people could put "Stop Spamming" and make a useful note under it,

But its not that much of a problem.

exppo
03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I think this THREAD IS SPAM.
I mean why make a thread about SPAM when you are just going to SPAM it yourself with SPAM answers
Thanks

Exppo

Harry
03-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks
-Brain

Are you referring to moi? :garfield:

Or those Registerd Users spamming to get 10 post count?... If you do, hit report post, type SPAM then hit send - an Admin deals with it.

Brain
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
well you guys have changed my mind, I'm sorry, you're right.
I just love to complain,
you all those don't spam posts are constructive and do add to the community
nvm, I am sorry for my stupidity

RAM
03-06-2008, 04:14 AM
I think we need a good tutorial and an update to the rules, on what kind of behavior is acceptable and expected....

First and foremost, this community is based on a video game, it's about having fun....Second would be Learning...the underling theme of these forums is to learn a programing knowledge, to allow us to facilitate more fun in our video game.

As a rule of thumb, I try to add something positive to every post...if you feel you have to make an off-topic comment, use the pseudonym [offtopic] tags [\offtopic] , but it is in best taste to post something relevant to the theme of the original post with this.

If you are the Original topic starter, you have the right to make a post with ~Pseudo Closed~ if you feel your question has been answered and feel it is going off track. For everyone else, there is the report button, this is your best advice, if you feel that the conversations of threads is not being productive to the overall mood of the post.

The minimum post rule has added to some of the SPAM, but we still feel it is in the best interests of the community to keep it in place, We feel their are enough sub-forums, where people can make their minimum contributions and introductions to fulfill the need to have the ability to access a bigger array of functions of the site.

~RAM

TBC......