PDA

View Full Version : Coin Share and Grand Exchange Updates

Raskolnikov
03-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Here's Jagex's story:

Clan Chat owners now have the option to use CoinShare, an addition to the LootShare system that was requested by many of you on the Forums.

To start CoinSharing, LootShare must be activated on your clan channel. You can then choose 'CoinShare' from your Clan Chat Setup interface. It is an entirely optional addition.

CoinShare has no effect on the majority of items; they will still be allocated to members of the clan channel according to how 'lucky' they have been with previous LootSharing monster drops.

If you have CoinShare active, the following will happen if a monster drops something of great value, like a dragon chainbody:

* The item is immediately put on the Grand Exchange, set at the current market price.
* An equal amount of coins is dropped on the floor for each LootSharer. Each player can then pick their share up. The total number of coins is based on the item's lowest value on the Grand Exchange.

All of this happens immediately. For a list of items that can be converted to cash using CoinShare, and more information on how CoinShare works, please read the Knowledge Base article.

As there will be an increased number of LootSharers because of this update, we have doubled the number of LootSharing worlds. For a list, please click here.

Summary
Requirements to use CoinShare

You must be on a LootSharing world.
You must be in a Clan Chat channel with LootShare and CoinShare switched on.
Access to:

The ability to convert specific high-value items into cash and then share the amount equally with other LootSharers.

CoinShare and the Grand Exchange:

Following the State of Play, many of you posted your concerns about how CoinShare works with the Grand Exchange. The following bulletpoints should address the worries you have:

* We have decided to place CoinShare items on the Grand Exchange so that this update has no effect on the rarity of certain items. High-value items would become more difficult to find if they were all converted into cash with CoinShare. We will place these items on the Exchange so they stay in circulation.
* CoinShare items bought or sold on the Grand Exchange DO NOT affect the item's market value. Only items that have been placed on the Grand Exchange in a conventional manner can affect the market price.
* A CoinShare item will be set at the average market price and will ALWAYS stay at the average market price. So, if the item's market price moves up or down, so will the value of the CoinShare item.
* Players receive the lowest market price when CoinSharing because of its additional convenience. Players do not have to waste an inventory space when picking up a high-value item, they do not have to travel to the Grand Exchange and they are guaranteed money from its sale.
* Players do not receive additional cash once the item has been sold on the Exchange.

Grand Exchange Interface Changes:

The Grand Exchange has been managing item trades for a few months now, which is enough time for us to check the Forums, scan your feedback and put together some changes that will not only make it easier to use, but a lot quicker too.

A lot of feedback centred on the Grand Exchange interfaces, with many of you forced to click multiple times when selling or buying. The following changes should really reduce that wasted clicking time:

* When making a Buy Offer, the +1/+10/+100/+1000 buttons increase the quantity by that amount
* When making a Sell Offer, the 1/10/100 buttons set the quantity to that amount. There is no 1000 option here, instead there is an ALL button which sets the quantity to the total in your inventory
* The Buy/Sell buttons in empty offer slots now appear by default
* The Grand Exchange Item Search interface now opens automatically when you click to make a new buy offer
* If you are collecting five or more of the same item from your collection box, they will be certed/noted (as long as they do not normally stack in your inventory)

Cut em2 it

Sir R. M8gic1an
03-05-2008, 07:04 AM
is it just me or is someone else having problems with LoggedIn? Cus i was running a script, and i just see all players logging in, logging out and going to false and the debug said that the players were not logged in and so it set them to false....

~RM

vcvv
03-05-2008, 08:22 AM
So the coins ill just be in the Grand Exchange inbox?
That's awesome.

Rikje
03-06-2008, 08:06 AM
So the coins ill just be in the Grand Exchange inbox?
That's awesome.

with the coin share? no.

you're in a party with 2 poeple. (you and the owner). Loot & coin share are on.
you went to the KQ and he drops a dragon chain (12Mill worth (i don't know :p)).

You won't see the DChain. the server will put it for sell on the GE. then the server will look to the prize of a Dchain. and it will take the lowest. (12MIll).
12Mill/2 (party members) = 6Mill. the drop that appears is 6mill. instant of the Dchain.

q3ick
03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Thats so nifty :p cant wait to go team killing. This almost reminds me of WOW.

Harry
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
with the coin share? no.

you're in a party with 2 poeple. (you and the owner). Loot & coin share are on.
you went to the KQ and he drops a dragon chain (12Mill worth (i don't know :p)).

You won't see the DChain. the server will put it for sell on the GE. then the server will look to the prize of a Dchain. and it will take the lowest. (12MIll).
12Mill/2 (party members) = 6Mill. the drop that appears is 6mill. instant of the Dchain.

I'd reather have the drop :garfield:

kelly slater pro surfer
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
....id rather have the drop a nother point less update rs is a wana be wow now....

Harry
03-08-2008, 01:26 AM
looks like drop tradeing is back...

Stop spamming... :p Did you even read the post?

Just Kidding
03-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Problem with ge is now you cannot merchant. The prices of items have dropped greatly and the only way to make cash is to skill like the game is really supposed to be played. Problem is using your skills is boring. Then they have this hair brained idea to allow assisting which defeats the whole purpose of someone raising a skill up.

Now a level 3 could be making anything anyone else can simply by using the assist of higher levels looking for easy xp. I think they have really screwed up the game. Pures are now worthless without decent staking or pking and training combat is really pointless to as well.

Jagex is trying to defeat cheaters and real world traders because they feel it hurts the game play yet they destroy the game play with the updates to stop cheaters. The game has survived through many massive botting and cheating sprees simply because merchanting and pking and staking was fun. Now there is no reason to be better than anyone at anything or to raise skills. I raised my fletch and rc to get 94 mage and my fishing to have better food for pking etc. Really whats the point now? Merchants overcharged yes but they also took the time to gather those goods you want in mass quantities so it was worth the cost.

Hopefully this will all blow over one day if they can manage to fix the botting and real world trading issues. Of course scar will live on as always.

Tim0suprem0
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow Runescape sucks so hard now. Hi SRL :) I miss you all.

Just kidding I totally agree, to me at least it seems that they hurt the game more with their "preventative measures" than autoers were hurting the game. I suppose it's just a matter of opinion as to what's worse. Personally I think Jagex just didn't like being made fools out of and their decisions were made a little too much out of pride.

Harry
03-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Welcome back Tim0 :)