PDA

View Full Version : www.pandora.com [Discover TONS of Music]

YoHoJo
03-07-2008, 06:48 AM
I was introduce to this website about 3 years ago by one of my old friends.
What you do it go to the website, type in the name of a song/artist which you are interested in, and click ok.

The website will then gather a shit load of songs/bands SIMILAR to the one you like, and just play a never ending list of music for you.

You can give it a thumbs up/down so it will know weather you like the song or not, so it knows as to play it again or not.

You can also 'bookmark' the song. What this does is add it to a little list, which you can see later, and download all of the songs.

You can only skip though a certain number of songs per hour, but you can simple just create another 'station' by typing in another artist/song name.

If you dont skip though any songs though its nonstop music.

What i do is just type in band/artist (which is later saved so you dont always have to type it in) and just leave it playing in the back.
When a particular song catches my attention, i unminize, bookmark the song, and continue with my stuff.

At arround the end of each week, i go to my list of bookmarked songs, and just download them all, and add them to my iPod.

Iv discovered TONS of awesome bands and songs using this website, a lot of theme arent too mainstream/overplayed, so you can show off your awesome unique collection of music.

Enjoy, and tell me how you all like it =).

xxmynameisjohnxx
03-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Oh my goodness.
I've used it for 10 minutes, and found 3 new awesome artists, and the other two that came up were ones I already knew.
Thanks so much.

Mr.Klean
03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Been using for quite a while myself. Its a great site.

ZaSz
03-08-2008, 04:57 AM
I have been using this site for a few months, didn't know about downloading the songs. When i go to the library computers i Get on and go to pandora while i go to other sites. I love everyone Related to Linkin park!!!!!!!!!

YoHoJo
03-08-2008, 08:15 AM
xxmynameisjohnxx: =)! Glad you like it, its pretty damn awesome.
zasz: you cant download the songs from pandora itself , i use limeiwre, or if i want to get an entire CD i just torrent it.

Dan Cardin
03-08-2008, 08:25 PM
wow thanks :) i found like 10 new bands!

too bad you cant download...it would beso convenient

Harry
03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Playlist.com > Pandora.com ;)

Dynamite
03-08-2008, 09:01 PM
:( this looks really good but i live in uk and it says i cant use. does anyone have an english/global one that i could use?

cheers

T ~ M

YoHoJo
03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
:( this looks really good but i live in uk and it says i cant use. does anyone have an english/global one that i could use?

cheers

T ~ M

Iv been hearing it doesnt work in the UK/Canada, best thing you can do is just try accessing it though a proxy

YoHoJo
03-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Playlist.com > Pandora.com ;)

Not really a comparison.

Pandora is for finding new music/bands that are not very well known ect ect.

Playlists is just for compiling a playlist of songs you already know, and posting them on your facebook/myspace to show everyone what kind of music you listen to.

Mistran
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Pandora isn't bad but I really prefer last.fm (www.last.fm)

Mr.Klean
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Just a quick question for any other pandora users. Does Pandora hog up a lot of memory? Mine likes to. I was playing it in firefox for about 3 or so hours and when I looked at my RAM usage on my G15 it was at 70% of 2 gigs so I looked at task manager and firefox was using 400,000 K of my RAM and pandora was the only firefox open.

Anyone else have this problem?

YoHoJo
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
=/ that doesn't happen to me, i think there are ways to stop ho much ram/memory firefox uses.
I seem to have problems with firefox memory every now and then, but it never makes my computer laggy, just says that firefox is using a lot of memory.
Just restart firefox and it should be fine once again.

Dan Cardin
03-10-2008, 01:08 AM
mine doesnt either :\. Though thanks to mistran because i like last.fm :p

Runescapian321
03-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Wow! I love this thing! Thanks! Rep++. People have always laughed at how I only have 100 songs on my iPod. That's going to change soon.....:D

gerauchert
03-10-2008, 02:22 AM
awesome this is exactly what I have been looking for!

Thanks so much :D

palmpilot71
05-07-2008, 03:44 AM
I tried and since Canada has gay music rules...Pandora doesn't work!
But we aren't prosecuted for downloading music!!! BooYah!!!

R0b0t1
05-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Wait... So you *can* or *can't* download music from pandora.com?

Lee Lok Hin
05-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Hm. Is this a bit of a gravedig? Oh well.

Pandora, youtube, anything else downloader:http://www.orbitdownloader.com/pandora-music-downloader.htm

Me Lub Orbit, have been suing it for around 1 and a half years already.

Runescapian321
05-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Orbit downloader never worked for me :(

Henceforth, I made a tut on how to use Pandora's JAR :)

http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27517?t=29979&highlight=pandora