PDA

View Full Version : ~ From Rags to Riches II ~

oliver1205
10-02-2006, 07:06 PM
heres a guide i wrote for fagex. it was pouplar there, so why not post it here?

~ Introductions ~

~ From Rags to Riches II ~

~ Rags to Riches II ~ has a lot more money making ideas and ive added to the ones already there ( especially skills ). Ive also added a business section. Its a lot bigger, better, and can be used to make a lot more money so ready on!

~ In Runescape money = power. If you don’t have a lot of money or high lvls people just don’t respect you. Well, that’s all about to change. Ive spent hours and hours perfecting this guide so you guys can learn the secrets to make money in Runescape. I guarantee you if you play only an hour a day you will be making a mill plus a week. Just follow this guide step by step.

~ Ive found the 3 best ways to make money in all of Runescape. They are skills, merchating, and running your own business. In this guide I will elaborate on all 3 of these methods, so relax, take and big breath and get ready for your amazing money making journey! And I guarantee this, after its over your going to have all the money you ever wanted.

~ Table of Contents~
1- Introductions

2- Success Story’s

3- Little but effective

4- Getting your first 300k

5- 300k-1m

6- 1m-5m

7- 5m-8m

8- 8m-10m

9- 10m and beyond

10- The secrets to phat merchanting

11- A big secret

12- Skills

~ Success Storys~

When your using this guide I would like to hear of your success. If you can prove it ill put your form in this post. Please use this form when your telling me about your success.

Name ( RSN )-
Amount of Gold Started With-
Amount of Gold you Have now-
How Long you to Make the Gold-
What method(s) did you use From my Guide-

~ Little but Effective ~
In this section of the guide I will post little but effective ways to help you earn the big money. Or if your bored of the big methods you can try these out to keep your cash flow coming.

~ Snapegrass ~
I personally think seaweed is a very good way to earn that quick buck. Go to rellaka or waterbirth island. (Unless you have done fremmy trials I suggest reallaka). Now pick the snape grass and then run to seers and bank it. Snap grass is in pretty high demand because of prayer pots, witch are in high demand because of pkers. {Lets all bow our heads and take a moment of silence for the pkers that help us make money}. You can sell snape grass for an amazing 350-500 ea. To maximize profits find a good ol newb and tell him you will pay him 200 ea for every hundred snap grass he collects you. This way if you get say 800 snap grass an hour and he get about 500 snap grass an hour that’s 420k an hour selling the snape grass at 400 ea! Imagine having 2 or 3 newbs working for you. Can you say super rich 3 times fast? Try it. Superichesuperrichsuperich. Good job.

~ White Berries ~
Another Little but Effective way to earn the big cash is white berrys. What you want to do is bring a bad weapon with you and pull the leaver in Ardy to get to 55 wild. Now go west (correct me if im wrong) until you see the white berrys. You can get 900 ea for these. Once you get a full inventory bank them in ardy. Once again you can get a newb friend to help you get them. This time pay him 400 ea. He will think your God. If you each get 600 ea an hour you will make upwards of 800k an hour. Nice work that’s your new whip in 2.6 hours!

~ Getting Your First 300k ~

So, to start out you need 300k. To get this you can do a few things.

~ Nature/Law Run ~

This is pretty simple. To Nat run you find a crafter who will pay 7-10k per run. Then you bring your ess to him and he will trade you 24 more ess plus the money. You run to the general store unnote the ess and go again. Assuming your making 8k a run and it takes 2 minutes a run, this will only take 74 minutes. That’s 300k an hour within it self! to law run bring the ess to entranta to a law running world and trade the people your ess for laws. Laws go for 300-350 ea so your making 200-250k for every 1k laws you do.
Overall rating- 9/10

~ Flax ~

Go south of seers village until you see a flax field. Pick that blue stuff then when you get a full inventory bank it. Now, a lot of people are going to tell you to spin it so you can get 150 ea for a bow string. But you can pick about 2 inventories of flax in the time you can spin one inventory of bowstrings. So you can make more money not spinning it. Get 3k flax and then your ready.
Overall rating- 5/10

~ Eyes of Newts ~
The port sarim mage shops sells eyes of newts for 3 gp ea. Last time I checked 1k eye of newts can go for about 250k. that’s a 257k profit every 1k eye of newts you get. Do this one or two times and you will be all set. This is pretty good money but can get boring at times.
Overall rating- 6/10

~ 300k-1m ~

So, you have 300k. Congratulations. now time for your first mill.

~ Water Filled Vials~

Ok, so you probably think I am crazy. Your thinking Oliver I am going to make 700k off water filled vials??!?! Are you high?!?!? The answer to both questions is yes. nahhh bout the second one, but the first one is yes you can. Go to East Ardy general store. Buy the water filled vials for 12 ea. With 300k you can get 25k water filled vials. I aint that crazy. im only asking you to get 5k of them. 5k water filled vials is 60k. You can sell for 250 ea. You’re making 1.1m profit in only 5 hours. You can do these all the way to 10m but if I were you, I would stop here.
Overall rating- 8/10

~ Water Runes ~

If you do this right, you can double your money every time. Go to the port sarim rune shop and buy the water runes until they hit 15 ea. They switch worlds and do it again. You can get about 25k-30k water runes. (this does not take as long as you think ). then go on the forums and sell these baby’s for 20 ea. if you got 25k you can sell for 500k. Keep repeating this as much as you want or until 1m.
Overall rating- 9/10

~ Bronze Arrows ~

Believe it or not i made 11m off of these. What you want to do is go to the arrow shop in varrock and buy them out, then switch worlds. They cost a max of 6ea so you can get 50k arrows. Now sell these on forums for 20 ea. Exactly 1m
Overall rating- 10/10

~ 1m - 5m ~

Yay you have your first mill. DO NOT SPEND IT. give yourself a pat on the back, eat some milk and cookies and come back totally refreshed because your about to make 5m.

You can do any of the methods I had above. Only this time you can do it in bulk. For example, you can buy 166k bronze arrows. You can sell these for 3.3m. even if you only do 100k that’s still 2m. or u can do about 110k water runes. Now if your bored of these listen to these methods.

~ Unid Merchanting ~

Ok take your 1m and go to a semi crowded world in edgeville bank. Buy unids for 1k ea and get 1k of them. Now you can do one of to things. You can go to the forums and sell your 11 stacks for 1.2k ea. This makes a 200k profit. Or you can get a good friend to id all the herbs for you. Then you can sell them individually for a better profit. Method 2 takes long but more profit. you should make a profit of 200-600k every time. Repeat this till the big 5m.

Overall rating- 6/10

~ Range Pots ~

take your 1m and go tot he herb section of the forums. Buy 333 range pots for 3k ea. Now go to edgy world 18 and sell them 4-5k ea. 33k-666k profit every time. That’s not to bad.
Overall rating- 8/10

~ Pure Essence ~
This is one of my favorite methods. Go to a crowded p2p world in varrock east and buy pure ess for 90 ea. You can get 11k. then go and sell it for 105-115 ea. I use to make 1m an hour doing this.
Overall rating- 7/10

~ Super Sets ~

Watcha want to do is buy 117 super attack for 1k ea, 117 super defences for 2k ea and 117 super strengths for 5k ea. thats comes out to 1m and 117k super sets. Now go edgy w18 and sell them for 10k ea. You make 175k a flip and it doesnt really take to long to do one flip. you can make upwards of 300k an hour.
Overall rating- 7/10

~ 5m-8m ~

congratulations you finally have 5m. You should be proud of yourself, but you’re not done yet.

For this next 5m i suggest all my previous methods. You maybe saying Oliver your nuts i already used those. Before you say anything else look at this.

With 5m you can buy 5k unids. Even if u sell for 1.2k ea your still making 1m a flip. Not bad, eh?

With 5m you can buy up to about 500k water runes. if you went that far you can sell for 10m but u really only need about 200k of them, sell those for 4m making a 2.2m profit.

With 5m you can go to the forums and buy bronze arrows for 15 ea. Buy 300k of them. Sell for 20 ea. 1.5m a flip!

Ok, I lied. Ill give you guys one new method.

~ Mage Arena ~

Go to the mage arena in 55 wild. then withdraw your 5m from the bank. World hop all the deaths and nats. You should at least be making 2-3m profit every 5m u spend.
Overall rating- 8/10

~ 8-10m ~

your almost there, only one more step to go..

~ Barrows ~

By now you can start playing around with barrows. The most important thing about barrows is to make a quick flip, prices can change any minute. here are the prices.

( prices taken from Tomines price check guide )

- Melee

* Dharok's helm: 800k - 1 mill
* Dharok's platebody: 1 mill - 1.2 mill
* Dharok's platelegs: 600k - 700k
* Dharok's greataxe: 1.4 mill - 1.5 mill
* Set without greataxe: 2.5 mill - 2.8 mill
* Full set: 3.9 mill - 4.3 mill

* Guthan's helm: 2.3 mill - 2.8 mill
* Guthan's platebody: 1 mill - 1.2 mill
* Guthan's chainskirt: 700k - 900k
* Guthan's warspear: 5.0 mill - 5.5 mill
* Set without warspear: 4.5 mill - 5 mill
* Full set: 10 mill - 10.5 mill

* Torag's helm: 250k - 300k
* Torag'* (c) plate: 900k - 1 mill
* Torag's platelegs: 700k - 800k
* Torag's hammers: 175k - 225k
* Set without hammers: 1.7 mill - 2 mill
* Full set: 2 mill - 2.3 mill

* Verac's helm: 2.3 mill - 2.5 mill
* Verac's top: 1.6 mill - 2 mill
* Verac's plateskirt: 400k - 550k
* Verac's flail: 800k - 1 mill
* Set without flail: 4.4 mill - 5 mill
* Full set: 5.4 mill - 6.0 mill

- Magic

* Ahrim's hood: 350k - 500k
* Ahrim's robetop: 800k - 900k
* Ahrim's robeskirt: 600k - 700k
* Ahrim's staff: (censor) 180k -200k
* Set without staff: 1.9 mill - 2.2 mill
* Full set: 2 mill - 2.4 mill

- Ranged

* Karil's coif: 150k - 175ks
* Karil's leathertop (censor) 200k - 390ks
* Karil's leatherskirt: 200k - 300k*
* Karil'* crossbow: 350k - 400k
* Set without crossbow: 350k - 500k
* Full set: 560k - 700k
( do not follow these prices exactly they might’ve changed )

if you don’t feel comfortable with barrows ill tell you what i personally did. i bought bronze arrows for 15 ea and sold for 20. by now u can flip 500k minimum every time. that’s a 2.5m profit a flip. aint to bad if i don’t say so myself

~ 10m and beyond ~

By now you can do a few things. you can stick with barrows, or you could stick with buying bronze arrows in bulk. You can also go back to pure ess. go to a crowded p2p world varrock east. with 10m you can flip 111k pure ess buying at 90 ea. if you sell it for 110 ea u make 1.1m a flip if u sell at 115 ea you make 1.6m a flip. you can also flip 10k unids. by now id'in that much wouldn’t b worth it so u can sell for about 1.4k ea. 4m profit a flip. if your bored of all of these, try my little but effective methods.

~ The secrets to phat merchanting~( and all other rares )

Now if u notice phats and most other rares drop when a update comes that takes money out of the game. 9 take barrows or construction for example ). this is your time to pounce. Buy it when its few mill down. then wait until prices go back to normal and always try to sell it at night ( when there worth the most ). remember always try to make the flip as quick as possible. never invest unless you wont b playing for a little while. i don’t suggest doing this with half wines, pumpkins, or disk of returning.
~ A big secret ~

you need 5m+ to do this. ok when an update comes after its done everything in all shops restocks to full capacity. as soon as the updates over go straight to varrock rune shop, pc rune shop, port sarim, mage arena, or mage guild. ( i suggest mage arena or guild ). buy all the runes that you no can sell easily. then world hop. keep on doing this. if you spend 5m you should make about 2-10m.

~ Skills ~

skills can also make you pretty good money, sometimes even more then merchanting itself.

~ woodcutting ~

Once you get woodcutting to 75 you can cut magic’s and yews. it takes me about 20 minutes each load of magic’s and 10 minutes each load of yews. if you cut magic’s thats about 60k an hour. You can also cut willows or maples witch go really dang quick at 75 wc. Willows sell for 40 ea and maples sell for 100 ea. not to bad, but its guaranteed money unlike merchanting. The best place to get willows is near Draynor bank, maples is south of rellaka, you will see a huge stash of them, yews is in seers or behind varrock if your f2p, and for magic’s go to the mage training arena and there’s 2 magic’s on either side, you can also go south of seers.

~ fletching ~

ill put it plain and simple. Your not going to profit in fletching until lvl 75 when you can do yew longs. what you do is you buy yews for 250 ea and bowstrings for 150 ea. then u make them into yew longs ( s ). you can sell these for 550k making 150k a flip. you can make even more with mage longs. never alch your bows unless your planning to cut your own logs. you will end up losing cash. Ok I lied again. You can profit a little below 75. what you do is you can buy regular logs for 30 ea ( hire a bunch of f2pers to cut em ). Each regular log gives 15 arrows shafts. These sell for 150 ea. That’s 120 profit a log. This may not seem like a lot but if u hire enough workers you can get about 3k a hour. That’s 360k a hour!

~ fishing ~

fishing is good at lvl 68 and beyond, but could be profitable under that. Reason being you can go into the fishing guild. this is good because its a nicer environment but the stove and bank is right there. i don’t really recommend catching sharks because they take so long. stick with raw lobbies witch you can get about 250 ea for. not that bad considering once you hit 68 they come in pretty quick. Swordies can sell for 250-300 ea.

If you really really want to, you can do sharks. Sell them cooked in edgeville world 18 for 900-1k ea.
~ Crafting ~
Crafting is very downplayed. Not a lot of people think of crafting as a good way to make cash. For awhile I didn’t even think it was. But I was wrong. First off to get to lvl 10 crafting so get about 300 cowhides. This is jus a rough estimate. Now go get them all tanned into soft leather. Everytime you can a new lvl craft a new thing that you could, from the soft leather. Soon enough you should be lvl 10 crafting. At lvl 10 you can spin bowstrings. Buy your flax for 90-100 ea and spin it. Sell the bowstrings for 150-180 ea. You can also craft full dragon hide sets. I have no clue how much hides you need for a set but green d hide sell for about 1.5k ea, blue d hide is like 1.8k ea, red is around 2.5k ea and I think black is 4k ea. A green full set sells for 40k, blue sells for 50-70k, red sells for 65-85k and black sells for a solid 50-60k. you can also make rings with crafting. The most profitable ring to make is ring of recoil. At edge world 18 these sell for 2k ea! Another way to make cash with crafting is something I like to call battlestaving. You buy battlestafs for zaf* for about 7k ea. World hop a lot of them. Now go make glass orbs for as many battle staffs as you have. ( 50 battle staffs= 50 orbs ). Now go to enchant the orb. I suggest water orbs, go way way way back in travlery dungeon past the black demons and fire obelisk. Then go up to that small island to change the orb. Alch the battle staffs for 9.3k ea.

~ combat ~
Once you get into the higher combat lvls combat is really good for money. You can fight a few things here. Green and Blue drags are awesome. Last time I checked green hides can go for 1.5k each and drag bones are another 2.5k ea. That’s a minimum of 4k a drop. Then you can get clue scrolls or pretty good drop for alching. They also frequently drop coins. Im pretty sure blue hides go for about 2k ea.

correct me if I am wrong. That’s 4k a drop every blue dragon you kill. Remember dragons have good mage defense so use melee or range. If your using melees don’t forget your anti fire shield and range anti fire pots. You can also go to the tazz***. These drop obby items and tokull. If you get lucky here and get a good drop then your in the big money.

~ Mining ~

Personally, i think mining is really broing but you can still make money from it, therefor its in this guide. Once you get to 45-50 mining you can one hit iron ore, therefore this is where the money starts rollng, you can sell iron ore for 100 ea. at 65 i reccamend mining coal. if you get alot of coal you can sell it for 200-250 ea. and finally, if you have the patience for 85 mining you can mine rune. what you do is mine the 2 rocks in the heros guild. then world hop. the rock respawn is about 20 mins. you can make upwards of 300k doing this