PDA

View Full Version : am i from jagex?

ben600006
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
no, but

u never know who will appear on this forum, u type runescape cheats into google, and this site is on the first page, NOT GOOD. they must have a team that works on closing accounts linked to websites that are used to cheat.

we'll never know :(

lol

do not give your runescape username to anyone on these forums

[S]paz
03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
this is common sense, thanks for the heads-up but i dont think that we need a whole thread on this...

~Spaz

ben600006
03-12-2008, 04:50 PM
yea, but readin thru some of the information that people are giving out, to anyone and every1 , its just stupid tbh

kor
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
no, but

u type runescape cheats into google, and this site is on the first page, NOT GOOD.

i really think you should try it before making a topic about it lol. i checked and i didnt see srl-forums, but i might be blind. lol.

coo too
03-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Jagex uses cookies on you right, and that means they can see what you've been viewing on the internet from that IP and know that you've been on this sight and what accounts have logged onto RS from the same IP and been on this sight. I just block the tracking cookies from RS. Tell me if I'm wrong about all this.

[S]paz
03-12-2008, 05:41 PM
i dont think jagex uses adware to view ur history but i might be wrong, either way i agree that giving out acc info is bad, BUT they cant ban you for being part of a community. They can flag u tho, they can only ban you if you are caught autoing IN GAME, so being part of a cheating community will only flag you at the most.

~Spaz

ben600006
03-12-2008, 05:49 PM
coo too
i dont think they can look @ ur cookies, that would probably come under the data protection act (i think) and u could sue them lol

[S]paz

surely, if u were found to be taking part in a scripting community, ur account would then be closly monitered if they had ur username?

[S]paz
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
yer so u become flagged, aka u get tons of randoms and if u behave "funny" on them (aka solving takes ages or just retarded clicking) then u will get banned :P thats what i meant.

~Spaz

Wizzup?
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
no, but

u never know who will appear on this forum, u type runescape cheats into google, and this site is on the first page, NOT GOOD. they must have a team that works on closing accounts linked to websites that are used to cheat.

we'll never know :(

lol

SRL on the first page?
Not for me.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=runescape+cheats&btnG=Google+Search

Markus
03-12-2008, 06:17 PM

My RS name is Markiemannie :f:

coo too
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
why are you giving out your rs name???

malotthouse
03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
because markus probably doesn't give a crap about jagex. so what, they take your account.

you make a new one... and then they can't touch you :P

like mine is actually malotthouse. i mean how in the world would they guess that?

oh and by the way, it is illegal for someone else on another computer to look at your cookies. if you could prove that runescape does this, then we could sue the crap out of jagex

mixster
03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Actually it's only illegal if you don't give consent. Often spyware/adware is installed with other products and they say 'we're going to install crap and by accepting you agree' and of course, no one reads that ;) Chances are Jagex doesn't check your cookies, but if they did AND it was in the games T&C then you have no legal leg to stand on (as far as I know).

Harry
03-12-2008, 07:24 PM
SRL isn't even on the top 100... (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=RuneScape+cheats&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&ft=i&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images)...

03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
It is illegal for them to check your cookies, I doubt I need to give reasons why, it's like asking if stealing is still against the law.

As for whether or not they could look through your cookies, I'm not 100% sure (becasue I'm not sure what Java is capable of in that sense - but java is bloody powerfull and capable of many things, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was somehow possible), but they can't view your cookies just because you visit the website. That's impossible (unless they've found the most epic exploit ever).

eg. We visit gmail, paypal and other similair sites, they all use cookies. There is nothing secret about cookies, so what's to stop any random site you visit from suing cookies? And considering the fact that cookies store our session information (which lets the site know that we're whoever we are and logs us in automatically).. If it was possible to view other peoples cookies just from setting a cookie on their PC.. all hell would break loose, people would be losing millions and all your data on the net would be unsecure :)

So there's definitely no need to have cookies disabled when you visit runescape... If you want to be paranoid about something, be paranoid about the files the runescape applet leaves deep in your system folders ;)

Rikje
03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
What do we care about srl beeing on google. (http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=wt-fawaki)

theres never someone banned for beeing on the srl-forums. :)

R0b0t1
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Have women taken over the world?

If they had, you would never know.

Does Jagex know about SRL?

ben600006
03-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Have women taken over the world?

LMAO...ok, im sure i saw srl-fourms in the first page for typing runescape somthing, i will try a coulple of things and get bk 2 evry1 on that.(i went out for a few hours so i couldnt reply 2 n e 1)

:)

coo too
03-12-2008, 10:13 PM
paz;362319']i dont think that we need a whole thread on this...

~Spaz

Looks like it happened anyway lol

Bobarkinator
03-13-2008, 01:36 AM
It is legal for Jagex to use referers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer)

Geebly
03-14-2008, 06:45 AM
lol thats why I made my account geebly..

P1nky
03-14-2008, 01:37 PM
we all know lol :P

n3ss3s
03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
1. Jagex knows about us ofcourse, they changed the Message of the Week to "Do not download programs that help you play, they might steal your password!" when Ben released SMART to the public.

2. Yes, as Bob said, if you first go to SRL-Forums.com and then RuneScape.com, the RuneScape.com knows that you came from SRL, but they can't ban you just for the sake of visiting a forum.

GoF
03-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Who cares if jagex visits this site? And I'm quite sure they're busy doing other things than viewing cheat sites too.. And how do new and maybe future scripters find this site if it's hidden so well :D

And jagex people aren't stupid anyways, they're pro's at what they do, even though people seem to like calling them either gay, stupid or stupid and gay.

R0b0t1
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm terribly sorry, but it appears that Gof just won.

GoF
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm terribly sorry, but it appears that Gof just won.

I must agree with you on this one :D ;)

Richard
03-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think Jagex would come here that often anyway, Jagex care more about stopping RWT than stopping autoers because they still get there money if we auto, but RWTers get more money, therefore get bored of the game quicker.

You only get banned for short periods of time for autoing.

coo too
03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
1. Jagex knows about us ofcourse, they changed the Message of the Week to "Do not download programs that help you play, they might steal your password!" when Ben released SMART to the public.

2. Yes, as Bob said, if you first go to SRL-Forums.com and then RuneScape.com, the RuneScape.com knows that you came from SRL, but they can't ban you just for the sake of visiting a forum.

Actually they can ban you for being part of a form. Since all players are the property of jagex Ltd they can still ban you. They could ban accs for fun if they wanted to make little 8 year olds cry. If you have the potentiol to be an autoer and they know about it then theres no reson why they wouldn't or couldn't want to ban you.

mixster
03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
They could, but they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure the only reason why they attempt to stop autoers is to keep the in-game economics alive. If they didn't have to worry, then I'm sure they wouldn't care because in the end businesses (yes Jagex is a business) are made to make money and as long as RS still seems like a popularly played game, then advertisers will still pay a lot of money to advertise on the site. Not to mention whether or not you are playing, they still get revenue from the ad being displayed.
If you're paranoid about losing your account because you come to a forum, then why do you come? If a virtual account means that much to you, then why risk Jagex (maybe, but probably not) noticing you came from a website associated with autoing?
Anyway, doesn't everyone use SMART nowadays so why on earth do you care if they might check to see what website you came from (which I still doubt they would as there's about 5 pages in-between you arriving and loggin in and I doubt they would care enough to pass on the info just to flag the account you log into).

Richard
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Coo Too, why do you have the sig of the fawaks stats in your sig

GoF
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Actually they can ban you for being part of a form. Since all players are the property of jagex Ltd they can still ban you. They could ban accs for fun if they wanted to make little 8 year olds cry. If you have the potentiol to be an autoer and they know about it then theres no reson why they wouldn't or couldn't want to ban you.

Because they cannot know if you're the actual owner of the account. What if my forum nick would be changed to zezima? Could they assume I'm 100% the actual owner of zezima just by a forum nick? No? True. So they can't and won't ban you based on your forum nick, and who gives a fuck if they sometimes check in here incase there's any huge stuff released so they could whine to someone and have this site taken down or something.. And why would they waste ages checking SRL nicks to see if they match with RS usernames in their database? I think they have better things to do.

R0b0t1
03-16-2008, 02:27 AM
And, you betcha, Gof is still winning!

Any, FYI, there is no way zezima could have gotten 99 stats (or anyone with all 99's so soon) without playing for 24 hours a day.

[-jesus-]
03-16-2008, 10:11 AM
What do we care about srl beeing on google. (http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=wt-fawaki)

theres never someone banned for beeing on the srl-forums. :)

Lol!! from 1 of the links on there, saying they have srl-passwords:

Username WT-Fawaki
Password Don\'t leech from srl
Other Make an account. Don\'t leech.
Stats 38% success rate (13 votes)

Username Wizzup?
Password getthefuckofmysite
Other ill ban all I find
Stats 31% success rate (26 votes)

Very nice:p

coo too
03-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Coo Too, why do you have the sig of the fawaks stats in your sig

I don't know, but his ID is 2. I was randomly typing in numberes on this site http://www.fenjer.com/adnan/SRLStats/ and found his stats.

palmpilot71
03-24-2008, 05:40 AM
Can the site like not be able to be Googlized... that way peoples can't googles it...

Dracody
03-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Umm , there are 2 possibilities:

1) You do not care about anything that Jagex do you your accounts , because you could simply make another one and start autoing again, as many people here thinks, so they dont care posting their runescape names here.

2) You DO worry about getting banned , mainly if you got a main account and auto on it , so if you have a bit of brain you just make a username here that has nothing to do with your runescape username and they wont have a chance of catching you if they someday deciede to check who on this forum has the same usernames, which i think they would never do because they got better things to do.

Hurgymcgurgygurg
03-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Officially, JaGex can ban for anything they want, Terms & Conditions claims all accounts as JaGex property, I think it even has a clause about if you do take legal action in order to receive recompense for an account the most you can be entitled to is £50.

However, practically speaking, JaGex has no reason to randomly ban people especially if they are paying customers.

JaGex probably won't (Again its probably since they could do it if they really felt like it) realistically ban anyone is on this forum who they find linked to a Runescape account. What if I take random people from the highscores list and randomly claim I own the account, JaGex isn't going to just ban them because I have the account, since, the don't have a way to verify if I really do.

The only thing I could see JaGex doing realistically if they find a link between a account and this forum is to flag that account to be closely watched for macroing, we know they do watch accounts who are caught more closely after they do get caught, so they might do the same thing for accounts they find on this forum and drop it if nothing comes up.

Now the major problem for this is it requires humans to search for these accounts, they can automate this process like they do for standard macro detection in-game, so odds are JaGex considers the effort of searching for accounts this way un-proportional to the pay-off of finding accounts.

So it is pretty safe to say JaGex leaves these forums alone for finding accounts to ban.

However, odds are they might even have a SRL member or two, so as to have access to monitior and develop better detection systems to prevent us.

Since were on the topic of getting banned for autoing here is something else to consider.

We know that JaGex has a more "advanced" detection system that is used when JaGex has good indications you are macroing, we also know that you are a lot more likely to get detected if you are flagged for this system. However, I just autoed to 99 fletching and I did not get caught at all, odds are if I was flagged for the system, I would have been caught a long time ago.

So it begs the question, why does JaGex not use their more "advanced" detection system on all accounts if it is so much better?

The fact is, SRL has developed in many ways to be a very accurate approximation of a human, on the level of playing this game. We have finally reached the point where with a script with proper fail safes and good usage of SRL, is getting to be extremely hard to differentiate from a human.

We all know that it still is possible to be detected using this "advanced" detection system, but the reason why they do not use it on such a large scale is that, it is becoming very hard to differentiate as I have said.

My guess is it requires a great deal of processing power to monitor accounts with this "advanced" detection system, since we have achieved a very accurate representation of a human, the more realistic we get requires an exponentially greater amount of processing power to detect, since you begin having "cross-fire" where actual humans are sometimes "detected". This is the point where Jagex has to back away and figure out another detection technique, since the worst thing that can happen is to ban real humans for autoing, since they are real paying customers often.

As I'm sure anyone who has had a great deal of experience autoing knows, many bans come as the result of broken fail safes where the script begins doing a by itself pointless task endlessly, this is because this is behavior does not require much processing power by JaGex to detect, such things as clicking the same pixel and exact timing are similar, because they require virtually no processing power to detect.

In this way you can see logically the progression of anti-ban and how the fundamental limitation of JaGex that we should seek to exploit is there finite resources and their limitation to specific detection techniques that they have to develop to detect macroing. If we can beat JaGex to where it becomes financially un-worthy to invest more resources in detection, we will have won once and for all. JaGex is after all just a company...

One final note that the above statements lead to, all in all, this state we are in with JaGex really says something about SRL. What SRL really is, is a open development of a fabled "Artificial Intelligence" spurred on by group effort and "naturally" selected by JaGex to make us improve its weak points.

After all, a founder of AI, Alan Turing, believed that the best way to quantify an AI, was to develop a test, now called a Turing test, to see if the artificial "Intelligence" was indistinguishable from a human preforming the same task.

Does that ring a bell to anyone? That is exactly what we are doing, if you ever lose confidence in SRL and scripting, just think that every time you make a new script you are creating your own, mini, AI, which in itself should be a very rewarding experience.

Brain
03-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Alls I pretty much read in that huge post was...
we are making our own AI
this is in no way AI....just a program....if you call this AI, you are not correct, scar does not learn on its own...obviously

And my screenname is VERY similar to my RS main account...nothing going on with me, and I auto on it too :)

Hurgymcgurgygurg
03-27-2008, 05:23 AM
The first half of my post is about detection methods by JaGex and answering the question that the author of the thread ask, that is completely on topic, I acknowledge the second half is a bit off topic...

Well here is my reply to your accusation:

The most common definition of an Artificial intelligence is this:

"The study and design of intelligent agents,"[1] where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions which maximize its chances of success"

Clearly scar scripts can fit into this definition of AI, although it is simple AI, not strong AI, you are thinking of strong AI, which is usually attributed to be able to do all of these things, reasoning, knowledge, planning, learning, communication, perception and the ability to move and manipulate objects.

If you look at it, many scar scripts fit the definition of simple AI. Scripts perceive there environment (color finding, DTM's, object finding, bit maps, etc...) and take actions on it (If find (...) then (...)) to maximize its chance of success, (completing its task, and not getting detected by JaGex).

Some scripts even have many of the hallmarks of strong AI, they have logic routines, communicate, perceive events, and definitely have the ability to move and manipulate objects (virtual ones).