PDA

View Full Version : Good ways/places to train combat.

Richard
03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Good ways/places to train

In this little tut I will tell you various ways to train your combat effectively

Note: This is mainly for non-autoing but you can make a scirpt to do the fighting.

1: Bandits (favourite imo)

This is a very quick and easy way to get your combat up if you are a member, have 43 prayer or more, and have a reasonable ammount of money.

First of all you will need a load or prayer pots and maybe 1 waterskin to get into the bandit camp in the desert and 5 coins to buy a shanty pass.

Second, place your guy in the most populated room at the bandit camp.

Third, turn on protect from melee.

Fourth, attack a bandit and then drink prayer pots when you need to.

This is great as you don't really need to be in the room much. And it would be quite easy to make a script thanks to the new mm update where you could get the stats easily.

2: Lesser Demons

This is another good way to train because its good even if you don't have members, you can fish you fish and then cook them instead of using the bank in the TzHaar place and you can get reasonably good stuff off lessers.

Theres not really a tecnique to killing lessers just to say that crush style attack are best against them, and water spells if you use mage.

3: The Tzhaar Fight Caves!

This is very easy as there is a great script to run the fight caves, Hys right caves runner can run for days getting you tons of xp. And if you get enough tokkul you can get yourself an onyx stone thingy! (not much chance there).

The great thing about this is that you can just leave it running for ages because when you die you don't lose your stuff.

4: Cockroach Soldiers (thanks hy for idea)

These are new monsters that came with that new edgeville safety thingy. To get to the monsters you have to go through the whole thing to get access to the caves which contain them.

These are good to train on as they are only lvl 81 (me thinks) and they don't hit very high so you can train for long periods of time with these. They are also great if you are just getting money as they have some quite good drops and as its a multi-combat area you can do the lootshare thingy.

5: Chicken Killing

This is a great way to start off when you have a low lvl acc as your can get all your lvls up really easily and make money from feathers and now raw chickens thanks to summoning.

The only downside of chicken killing is that it is very veyr boring so I would recomend using a script for this, don't worry there are many that work great for it, so this can be a great method of turn your noob in an u83r 1337 9wn650r.

6: Shade Killing (<-- thanks Keisari)

Due those shades are kinda high level, I would recommend you to have combat level over 100, with decent stats, For this method you should have completed Priest in Peril, Shades of Mor'ton and Haunted mine quests to get Acces to Mor'ton and Salve amulet, When I trained here, I used setup like this as my armor: Berserker helm, Abyssal whip, Salve amulet, Cooking gauntlets(They were the best at the time, so I would recommend using Barrows gloves if you have acces to them) Tok-ket-xil (obby shield) Rune plate, Rune legs, Rune boots, Ring of life (Just to be sure..). Now for the inventory: 1 slot for NOTED sharks/lobby/monkfish, 3 slots for NOTED Supersets, 1 slot for money (Around 20k) and one Unnoted superset and the rest you can just fill with food. Now You can start training, after you run out of food you can go to the shopkeeper at Mor'ton and just sell 19 lobbys / sharks to him and buy them back, same goes for super sets, Idea of carrying super set with you when you train is that it gives nice experience boost to train with pots.

Note: You must have used that serum to that shopkeeper if you want to use this method.

I hope this tut helped you find ways to level your combat and if there are any ways you think should be up here then please post here and I'll put it in.

retybob
03-21-2008, 12:55 PM
wouldn't you loose a ton of cash on prayer pots? for method 1

Richard
03-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, depends how much money you have, my main has about 5m and i guess it doesnt take that much money up.

If you have higher prayer you get more prayer points back from drinking a pot as well.

Infidel00
03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Or what works is using a chicken killer to get your attack, defense, strength and hit points all to 40 easily. You can easily get 3 characters to those levels in less than a week.Then selling your feathers to get some armor and heading over to fight caves or using some other awesome fighting script on things like skeletons or experiments, rock crabs so on and so forth.

Harry
03-22-2008, 01:04 PM
And if you get enough tokkul you can get yourself an onyx stone thingy! (not much chance there).
I actually am about 50k Tokkul-pieces away from an Oynx stone. :)

You should add Cockroach soldiers to the list, those are good for the higher levels, and have good drops.

Richard
03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Are cockroach soldiers the ones from that new safety thing, because if thats what you mean, I agree, and I shall add it now!

And I'll add the chicken bit you are on about as well.

Good luck on getting that 50K tokkul (I'm guessing you use your script for it :D)

BTW: Do you want me to make a link to your fight cave runner so people can access it easier?

Keisari
03-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Ain't the shades at Mor'ton anygood anymore? they used to be very good with salve amulet as far as I remember.

Richard
03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't know, I've never tried them.

If you post a method or something about them, I'll put it up there and give you the credit for it.

Keisari
03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Well, its been kinda long time since I did it but I will try to remember something about it:

Due those shades are kinda high level, I would recommend you to have combat level over 100, with decent stats, For this method you should have completed Priest in Peril, Shades of Mor'ton and Haunted mine quests to get Acces to Mor'ton and Salve amulet, When I trained here, I used setup like this
as my armor: Berserker helm, Abyssal whip, Salve amulet, Cooking gauntlets(They were the best at the time, so I would recommend using Barrows gloves if you have acces to them) Tok-ket-xil (obby shield) Rune plate, Rune legs, Rune boots, Ring of life (Just to be sure..). Now for the inventory: 1 slot for NOTED sharks/lobby/monkfish, 3 slots for NOTED Supersets, 1 slot for money (Around 20k) and one Unnoted superset and the rest you can just fill with food. Now You can start training, after you run out of food you can go to the shopkeeper at Mor'ton and just sell 19 lobbys / sharks to him and buy them back, same goes for super sets, Idea of carrying super set with you when you train is that it gives nice experience boost to train with pots.

EDIT: Forgot to add that you must have used that serum to that shopkeeper if you want to use this method.

This was a method I used to get couple of attack levels with quite a fast pace, I dunno if it works anymore as it was a long time ago when I did this.

Richard
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Ok, I'll add that in now thanks, I'll also put credit for you in there.

Main
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
let me correct you at bandits a bit.

#1 it doesn't have to be in most populated room, you are lucky if you find a world with a spare room.

#2 must have 70+def and at least rune plate and leg/D skirt (torso if you have 80+ def, trust me on that) or else you'd have to heal very often

#3 bring ghutan in your inventory, DON'T WEAR BARROW ARMOR! as you will find your self loseing couple hundred k per day, if you don't got ghutan, bring noted salmon, and about 50k cash on you, and if you are using dba special while training, i suggest you bring noted stats restore (4) as well, (3 restore per 100k exp and about 30k for 20 noted stats restore (4)) and only drink it when after you use dba spec and have 64- att and def

EDIT: sell your noted stuff to general shop near by and buy it back

I've got from 75-94 str from bandits, and i have 74 att and 73 def.

gotspice
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
crockroch soilders have high def so u hardl hit them

Main
03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
cockroaches now hit higher too. bad for f2p, don't care for members

Richard
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I think they changed cockroaches when they realised they were too good...

But thanks for the ideas about bandits, I never thought about selling p pots then buyin back. But I think bandits are for people who have alot of money, I have around 5m and I find that enough but I don't know about you.

4str 4stam
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Good guide:D
But i usually train on Flesh Crawlers in the 2nd lvl of the security stronghold they have 25hp and only hit 1's and you can just leave auto retaliate on.

Richard
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I never really tried flesh crawlers, I just killed them a few times so I could finish off my sceptre thing, its gone now though, I used all the teles...

bloodfury
03-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Nice guide, it really helped me a lot. I especially liked the shade killing part because I was walking near the Barrows once and saw a bunch of people killing them (shades) and wondered how to do it, now I do!

THANKS!

PvH
03-28-2008, 03:03 PM
very nice tut;)
i will use this soon
thx a lot man
rep++ for you:)

Richard
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Nice guide, it really helped me a lot. I especially liked the shade killing part because I was walking near the Barrows once and saw a bunch of people killing them (shades) and wondered how to do it, now I do!

THANKS!

Don't thank me for that bit, thanks Keisari, he wrote that bit :p

very nice tut;)
i will use this soon
thx a lot man
rep++ for you:)

Cheers for rep :D, 36 rep points now...

Main
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
why would you bring p pots? train at the lvl 54s, or 72s if you like, p pots its wast...

ALil'Hope
03-28-2008, 10:23 PM
O.o thanks mate :garfield:

Richard
03-28-2008, 10:30 PM
@Main FTW

Because I can't afford guthans, but I can afford p pots :D

@Alil'hope

Thanks for reading this and I hope it helped.

coolalex6
07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
chickens are working good for me now but as I level up more I def plan to try your other suggestions, thanks

XJordanX
07-27-2008, 05:40 AM
The fight caves are by far the best you just stand there and they keep coming

Queso
07-28-2008, 02:58 AM
I know a members way to top bandits for xp!

Monkeys:

Go to monkey isle with the following:

+Monkey staff (needed to get in)
+Full Dharroks
+Rock cake
+20x or more antipoison potions, preferrably the ones that last for 30 minutes? (I think its 30 minutes)
+1-3x backup food
+OPTIONAL: Tele runes or tabs.

Go to the altar with those large monkeys, turn on protect from melee, drink an antipoison potion (tiny spider poisons you), and EAT THE ROCK CAKE TILL YOU HAVE LESS THAN 10% OF YOUR HP (that's when you double your strength)! This will kick in your Dharrok ability to smash mass hits on these monkeys.

I suggest you use a antipoison timer to make sure it doesn't run out on you while you are training, you don't want to die. Also, keep an eye on your prayer, you don't want that running out.

Watch your character just dish out the crazy damage!

rbair44
07-28-2008, 03:14 AM
nice i knew about the monkeys but doing it with dharroks that make it beast:cool:

5o c3nt rulz
10-03-2008, 03:15 AM
for lvls around 50-60, you should try on the 2nd floor as well, the minotaurs around the north-east side of the cave. I trained there when i was lvl 50 to lvl 80 and not many problems.

darkdave
11-23-2008, 05:54 AM
if u are a lower level and a member then u should train on men cuz they got no def and they drop herbs a lot so u would get some money with it could someone correct me if im wronge

mikemox
12-11-2008, 01:04 AM
it helped me alot

richman35_jr
12-20-2008, 11:27 AM
i lovee bandits 2 ^^ its fast xp