PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Water Banned

Federation
03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/19/seattle-bans-sale-of-bott_n_92412.html?alacarte=1

What a nice way to lower your carbon footprint :P

oliver1205
03-21-2008, 06:29 PM
thats nuts considering in my opinion global warming doesnt exits. the government just likes to control every effing thing we do.

rockman
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
the government just likes to control every effing thing we do.

Couldn't have said it better.

Federation
03-21-2008, 06:38 PM
thats nuts considering in my opinion global warming doesnt exits. the government just likes to control every effing thing we do.

how on earth dont you believe in global warming?!
theres proof of it every day.

Runescapian321
03-21-2008, 07:19 PM

What proof? The proof that the earth's average temperature has gone up 1 degree Fahrenheit in the last 100 years? :p

I don't really disagree with their decision. Bottled water companies really just rip people off, all they do is put water in a bottle. Why don't you just go out, buy a re-usable water bottle, and never have to buy one again? I'm guessing that's what they're trying to do.

EDIT: offtopic... 3 days ago my postcount was 796, at the end of the day, I was at 799, then I wake up, I'm at 795, at the end of the day I'm at 797 (even though I made more than 2 posts). Yesterday I woke up at 796, got to 799, and now I wake up I'm at 797 -.-

n3ss3s
03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I guess wether to believe to global warming or not is partly about the belief, but if you think that there is no such thing, you need to know way more about chemistry.

Chemistry can prove that global warming exists, chloride atoms eat otsone molecules for breakfast simply said.

Noodler13
03-21-2008, 09:12 PM

al gore is a tool.

kelly slater pro surfer
03-21-2008, 10:51 PM
haha al gore a tool but that suks for seattle people

oliver1205
03-21-2008, 10:57 PM

lololololol. its all natural. al gore wants attention. their proof is over a very little period of time. did you no back in the 70's they said right now we would be in a ice age? Hippie.

Timer
03-21-2008, 11:14 PM
True. Agree'ed.

WHAT THE F*CK'S RONG WITH YOU!?!? :p
If we didn't have this much carbindioxicde in the air, how the hell will we get oxygen??? Tree's wouldn't grow, they'de DIE!!! or they wont exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen. if we didn't have this much carbion dioxide in the air. Also. We'de be in a ICE AGE!!!

mixster
03-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Banning bottled water seems a bit drastic, but I guess when theories like Global Warming have become commonly believed, anything that tries to reduce the effect will gain popularity. Anyway, there's actually under 1% of CO2 in the air, so I always wondered why people care so much. If they truly were scared of it, they would kill the stupid cows and their methane which actually contributes much more to global warming than all the cars in the world. And Timer, I doubt we would be in an Ice Age if we lowered CO2 in the air, it might be a bit cooler, but not noticeable. I personally think people are worrying too much - especially with the cutting down of trees - as chances are humans polluting the seas and oceans, which stop algae from growing, is probably more harmful in regards to oxygen production as they produce around two thirds of our oxygen supply and take out a lot of the CO2.

XxXx Toxin XxXx
03-22-2008, 12:10 AM
As if the United States are taking action on global warming. I was really upset to hear that Canada, a country that it's solitude was completely against global warming, signed the Kyoto Agreement, and yet still, we were leading for most CO2 emissions in the world. While here, our next door neighbors, USA, is starting to ban things because of this, and they didn't even SIGN the frigging agreement. How pathetic are we Canadians to let this happen? I blame the media.

Oh and Timer, no offense or anything, but Global Warming does exist. I think you may be watching a little too many movies also. The end wouldn't be an ice age, it would be just a bunch of huge changes dealing with climate all over the world, not just an ice age all over.

Harry
03-22-2008, 12:24 AM
haha al gore a tool but that suks for seattle people

Nice spam ... again? How many times must I warn you about useless posts with everything slept wrong in it?

Sure, some of my posts are a bit useless, but at least I spell 99% of the words correctly and are more then 1 sentence wrong.

KoKouKo
03-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Bottled water kills the environment. Think about how you get the Bottled water from the tap to your throat. Somebody uses a truck to get plastic to a factory, the factory makes it into a bottle, the bottle gets shipped to a company that fills it with tap water, the water is then shipped to a store, and then finally you drink it. It is causing global warming. But global warming is still something made up by the government so they can increase taxes for gas....

Splicer16
03-22-2008, 01:13 AM
watch this... click the top right corner of the play list where it says "the debate" or watch the video clip first...

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/swindle/

redmans
03-22-2008, 01:21 AM
its also a huge cost to the cities to take in the millions of puonds of plastic these bottles cause to recycle... its just not worth it when your pretty much geting the same quality of water from your tap if you add a purifier nozzle to the end of it... but with the scandal of fluoride in water systems this could just be a way to force people to have faith in tap water who really knows what the real reason is.

red eyes 20
03-22-2008, 01:43 AM
rofl i never drink bottled water so i could care less, but ihate how the government is being stupid about it!

EDIT: wait if they ban bottled water, then what if they ban gatorade and stuff too? that'd accually suck.

its also a huge cost to the cities to take in the millions of puonds of plastic these bottles cause to recycle... its just not worth it when your pretty much geting the same quality of water from your tap if you add a purifier nozzle to the end of it... but with the scandal of fluoride in water systems this could just be a way to force people to have faith in tap water who really knows what the real reason is.

you're just a stupid person who belives every thing you hear. most water providers choose whether they think water should be fluoridated(sp?) NOT the gorvernment.
and FYI the washington PUD doesn't add fluoride into our water.

bullzeye95
03-22-2008, 02:13 AM

I agree.

But even if there is global warming (:rolleyes:), how the hell do you just STOP bottled water from being sold? What about the people that don't have filters in their homes, and can't get a cup of water out of the sink or fridge?

03-22-2008, 05:49 AM
First of all, Timer, you've made such a retard of yourself in that post it's just embarrassing...

To like 90% of the people that are posting in this thread saying global warming doesn't exist, stop believing the conspiracy-bullshit-unbacked-up-attention-seeking posts which probably start on one of the chans from some 13 year old kid who wouldn't know what carbon dioxide was if you strapped his mouth to a car exhaust.

Just because you're going against the grain for once by believing a fact is false because you heard it from some other twerp, doesn't make it right. If you managed to get out on a regular basis you would have noticed that in the past 10-20 years the weather has been changing dramatically.

Apart from the fact that there's scientific evidence to back up global warming, why don't you take a look outside and see it with your own eyes.

did you no back in the 70's they said right now we would be in a ice age? Hippie.

Oliver, back then they didn't have any strong evidence to prove that there was going to be an ice age, most of it was just a hyped up media article... Are you going to base your judgement on what's happening by the fact there was a false reporting by some numbnut reporters 30/40 years ago? Back then they reported that we'd be able to live on the moon around the millenium, so I wouldn't worry about any of the shit they said.

So ends my small rant for this morning, if you read it all, give yourself a nice pat on the back.

Splicer16
03-22-2008, 06:47 AM
think of it this way... None of us are scientist therefore none of us have real knowledge of the subject... we just say whether it is true or false...

The thing is... All you people who say it is false have not given any strong evidence at all...

and there is easily proof that it's not just solar activity the rises and lowers the temperatures drastically everyday...

We know that when the Earth was forming large amounts of volcanic activity accrued releasing an immense amount of C02 into the air... This was enough to increase the Earths atmosphere but a whopping 20 degrees... haha!

Also, videos and documentaries that disagree with the theory of global warming have been said to have lots of flaws in them and they hardly use scientific evidence...

If you actually watched the ABC debate I posted above I hope you are able to disagree with one fact that the people of the supporting global warming side says...

If anyone wants to debate this with me... bring it on... haha!

Dracody
03-22-2008, 06:55 AM

There are proofs that global warming does exist, here at my country there is this a Snow-capped mountain, and there are pictures of how it was some years ago and how it is now, I think ill add those pics here:

This is In my country Its called nevado Santa Isabel:

This was in 2000
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/slokrard/santaisabel_2000.jpg

This in 2005
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/slokrard/santaisabel2005.jpg

This is on the swiss alps , at Triftgletscher Glacier:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/347081621_01e535537b_o.jpg

Ah well , this one is the most reliable proof ever::p

http://mix.fresqui.com/files/images/efectos.jpg

oliver1205
03-22-2008, 12:12 PM
First of all, Timer, you've made such a retard of yourself in that post it's just embarrassing...

To like 90% of the people that are posting in this thread saying global warming doesn't exist, stop believing the conspiracy-bullshit-unbacked-up-attention-seeking posts which probably start on one of the chans from some 13 year old kid who wouldn't know what carbon dioxide was if you strapped his mouth to a car exhaust.

Just because you're going against the grain for once by believing a fact is false because you heard it from some other twerp, doesn't make it right. If you managed to get out on a regular basis you would have noticed that in the past 10-20 years the weather has been changing "dramatically.

Apart from the fact that there's scientific evidence to back up global warming, why don't you take a look outside and see it with your own eyes.

Oliver, back then they didn't have any strong evidence to prove that there was going to be an ice age, most of it was just a hyped up media article... Are you going to base your judgement on what's happening by the fact there was a false reporting by some numbnut reporters 30/40 years ago? Back then they reported that we'd be able to live on the moon around the millenium, so I wouldn't worry about any of the shit they said.

So ends my small rant for this morning, if you read it all, give yourself a nice pat on the back.

you sir, are a hippie. your the one who believes everything they tell you in school. did you know a few weeks ago, when they took the temperature from the 4 temperature points around the world, temperatures had gone DOWN? Guess not, because they don't like to tell you that on the media. And, about your false reporting by a numnut, that numnuts name is al effing gore.

"conspiracy-bullshit-unbacked-up-attention-seeking posts which probably start on one of the chans from some 13 year old kid "

The conspiracy IS global warming. Your and everyone elses evidence is based on like 20 years. The earth has been around millions of years. Just because the temperature might have gone up a few degrees in 10 years of those millions of years, humans are causing global warming, and we have to pay the government? tree hugger.

To Dracody, like i said, do you no how long the earths been around? its natural for it to go between stages of heating, and stages of cooling. Global warming is nothing more then a stupid a tempt by hippies.

XxXx Toxin XxXx
03-22-2008, 12:40 PM
you sir, are a hippie. your the one who believes everything they tell you in school. did you know a few weeks ago, when they took the temperature from the 4 temperature points around the world, temperatures had gone DOWN? Guess not, because they don't like to tell you that on the media. And, about your false reporting by a numnut, that numnuts name is al effing gore.

"conspiracy-bullshit-unbacked-up-attention-seeking posts which probably start on one of the chans from some 13 year old kid "

The conspiracy IS global warming. Your and everyone elses evidence is based on like 20 years. The earth has been around millions of years. Just because the temperature might have gone up a few degrees in 10 years of those millions of years, humans are causing global warming, and we have to pay the government? tree hugger.

To Dracody, like i said, do you no how long the earths been around? its natural for it to go between stages of heating, and stages of cooling. Global warming is nothing more then a stupid a tempt by hippies.

Oliver, it's nothing about the trees though dude, it's all about how we've developed so much in such little time. In the last 20 years, Earth's technology has changed like nothing we've ever seen before. NASA, the one company now that you'd think is the best and most technology based company in the world, 20 years ago had like 200gb of memory on their computers and such. Going to the moon, was something people dreamed of, it was like a joke, and here we are today, planning on going to Mars. Technology has changed the way we live, and because of this, pollution problems with greenhouse gasses has became an issue, and global warming. So even though the earth had been around for millions of years, they didn't have e-mail millions of years ago, they had logs and fish. (Kinda what we have in RuneScape, lol.) Just think about it for a little while and you'll realize what everyone is saying is true.

03-22-2008, 04:06 PM

I personally wouldn't say I'm a hippy who believes everything I hear in school, as a matter of fact I dropped out of school and was lucky enough to find a career in programming. Last time I checked there aren't too many hippies with that sort of interest.

They checked the temperature form 4 points around the world? There are thousands of reasons why the temperature could have dropped, if you can show me a link to this article so we can see and crush its theories, please do.

Yes, the earth has been around for millions of years, but never before has it experienced such a harsh change in CO2 levels.. We are advancing too fast for this planet to cope with, and unless we find a way to counter balance it, it has to slow down.

Think about it, think of how many cars there are moving in your neighbourhood everyday, now think of all the fumes which come out of the back of it... Really think about it. Now take those cars, and imagine the thousands of them in your county... each one of them releasing all those fumes every single day. Now take those cars, and imagine hundreds of thousands of them, each spewing out a shit load of fumes in your town... Now imagine your state, millions of fucking cars each pumping out nasty gases every second of every hour of every day.

That's just one vehicle.

Motorbikes? Buses? Factories? The billions of televisions? The billions of computers? everything.

Oh yeah, and that's just one state. This is happening globally.

Now I haven't beee around for millions of years, but I'm willing to make an educated guess and say that never before as the planet experienced anything even remotely close to this.

Now Oliver here's the question, all that gas has to go somewhere, where the hell is it going? The trees are going to make it all oxygen? - Get real. With the amount of CO2 we're talking about you'd need a tree the size of russia to clean that shit up, you'd probably need constant daylight too. Considering the fact most of the worlds trees are getting chopped down on a regular basis probably doesn't help that arguement either.

Well with all that extra gas there, I suspect some funny shit will happen. I don't need to tell you what happens if you put too much air in a balloon.

shyam
03-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I personally wouldn't say I'm a hippy who believes everything I hear in school, as a matter of fact I dropped out of school and was lucky enough to find a career in programming. Last time I checked there aren't too many hippies with that sort of interest.

They checked the temperature form 4 points around the world? There are thousands of reasons why the temperature could have dropped, if you can show me a link to this article so we can see and crush its theories, please do.

Yes, the earth has been around for millions of years, but never before has it experienced such a harsh change in CO2 levels.. We are advancing too fast for this planet to cope with, and unless we find a way to counter balance it, it has to slow down.

Think about it, think of how many cars there are moving in your neighbourhood everyday, now think of all the fumes which come out of the back of it... Really think about it. Now take those cars, and imagine the thousands of them in your county... each one of them releasing all those fumes every single day. Now take those cars, and imagine hundreds of thousands of them, each spewing out a shit load of fumes in your town... Now imagine your state, millions of fucking cars each pumping out nasty gases every second of every hour of every day.

That's just one vehicle.

Motorbikes? Buses? Factories? The billions of televisions? The billions of computers? everything.

Now I haven't beee around for millions of years, but I'm willing to make an educated guess and say that never before as the planet experienced anything even remotely close to this.

Now Oliver here's the question, all that gas has to go somewhere, where the hell is it going? The trees are going to make it all oxygen? - Get real. With the amount of CO2 we're talking about you'd need a tree the size of russia to clean that shit up, you'd probably need constant daylight too. Considering the fact most of the worlds trees are getting chopped down on a regular basis probably doesn't help that arguement either.

Well with all that extra gas there, I suspect some funny shit will happen. I don't need to tell you what happens if you put too much air in a balloon.

very powerful and insightful stuff here :spot:

n3ss3s
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
1337, you seem like a nice guy, but let's look at some facts -

1. I am the 13 yr old "kid".
2. I know what is Carbon Oxide.
3. My mouth doesn't get strapped to a car exhaust - I strap mouths to car exhausts.

---

4. People, keep the flaming, "shit", etc inside your mouth
5. same with spam.

Thank you, have a nice debate.

Hobbit
03-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Moved to Discussions & Debates.

mixster
03-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Algae = 70% of worlds Oxygen supply and probably gets rid of most of the worlds CO2 - chopping down trees just means that we release the locked up CO2 as they're actually very inefficient at changing CO2 into oxygen (not to mention they respire and let some of the CO2 back into the atmosphere). Also, as i said, under 1% of the Earth's gases is CO2 so increasing the levels really won't have much of an impact. What will is the level of methane which is a lot better at warming up the planet and it is probably our huge increase in farming cows and rice. If you had to choose between cows or cars, which would you choose?

R0b0t1
03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Fact: Any single person or society may be brainwashed into believing nonfactual information.

legendaryhero90
03-22-2008, 10:47 PM
and people whine that obesity is on the rise?

if bottled water isnt available, the only thing left is soda... -.-

oliver1205
03-23-2008, 01:34 AM
ok ill be a little more open-minded. but, even if there is global warming i think its alot more natural, then it is us. and its natural for the earth to go through heating and cooling phases. sorry, for calling you a hippie. lets all get a little more mature. One of the top scientist in the world stated that he didnt believe in global warming.

please read this - http://www.americanpolicy.org/un/thereisnoglobal.htm

if you want me to read anything i will. ill stick by my side, but be open minded.

Splicer16
03-23-2008, 09:26 AM

That's just one vehicle.

There was a enormous increase in C02 levels during the forming of the earth due to volcanic activity which cause a dramatic 20 degrees increase of the Earths temperature...

Second... about the fumes from cars... You have obviously missed something... first the main cause of global warming is from land clearing and the burning the fossil fuels... The amount of oil burned from cars every year is actually very little compared to the entire atmosphere of the Earth and I guess you have also mis calculated the amount Of C02 that is converted from photosynthesis...

You obviously haven't studies the subject and you are just posting your own thought... Hardly no one here is posting fucking fact... it's just hypothesis that are being made...

Obviously there hasn't been a dramatic increase of C02 But is happening slowly... So that proves my point about cars not releasing so much fumes... But we now know that it is just not Solar activity that is just warming up the Earth...

And think what happens when we run out of oil... Findings are decreasing and most of the unrenewable resources are being used up... Obviously the main super powers of the world (China, America) Are going to go hunting for them...

Watch the debate part in this

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/swindle/

KoKouKo
03-23-2008, 09:48 AM
@ 1337
we just like to believe what we wanna believe and that fact that when your born they knock your parents out and put mind control chips into us

@ Whack
its really hack to take you seriously when your talking about global warming with your signature

edit
nice to see whack changed his sig

GoF
03-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Global warming is confirmed by all scientists who get their living out confirming it. There's been warmer periods in the history of earth before too. And the scientists who have just as good, or even better proof of it not existing are ignored, why? I'd say it's politics, not really up to date with that crap but I guess it's a nice way to suck up to people talking all about how to stop it and how they're going to save the world.

Not really sure to be honest and I don't believe in global warming nor do I care even a bit, and USA and China are the worst polluters anyways, not one or a few people rather walking than using a car make a difference.

Hurgymcgurgygurg
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Right now, we aren't worrying so much about whether there is global warming or not, the evidence is building for the fact that the earth is heating up, just... the problem now is how much of it are we causing?

This is the hard part, sure we do pollute and what not, but we have no reliable way to know the effects of what we are doing. Sure, its a given fact that CO2 causes a green house gas effect, but face it, we can not do a test on a global level, there are far to many variables and poorly understood processes to say definitively what we are doing. If we even are causing this.

We are still humans, not all-knowing scientist, we understand so little about what is happening to our planet right now that we really can't say our two cents about it without it being worthless.

To be honest, instead of us all wasting our efforts debating endlessly, just acknowledge the fact that pretty much everything we say about whether or not we are causing this and how much of a role we have is PURE SPECULATION!

Don't start beating yourself over the head because you think we are killing our planet, and don't continue to mess it up with pollution and think that nothing will happen.

Ultimately, we might as well wait a few decades until we know much more, and then figure out what to do, or we can take the safe route right now and start getting rid of CO2 emissions. Hey, we might as well do it and reduce foreign energy dependence and not get screwed when oil and coal run out.

R0b0t1
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Read: "An Inconvienient Book"

jarlaxe
03-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Global warming is real, how can you explain the ice caps falling to pieces all the time?

And by the way, if temperatures rise by 3 degress then all the ice caps will melt and many places like Venice will be swamped. So as said earlier by some people, "a rise of 1 degree in the last hundred years" gives us..... 300 hundred years.

At least that what the sceptics say. We wont have to worry about it but future generations will.

R0b0t1
03-29-2008, 02:22 AM
You've all been brainwashed! Believe nothing and assume nothing.