PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions about Pking

sting9701
10-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Alright, so I just came back to rs after a year or 2 and shit has changed dramatically. I only played this game with one goal, to become a great pker and slaughter people :) it's fun knowing that some1 else on the other end of the computer is cussing when they lose valuables.

So, if any1 can help me with these questions, I'd appreciate it. Also have a few general questions as well (all for f2p):

What is best weapon now, rune schmidtar? Where do i get rune schmidty, al kharid, hero guild?

What is best pking choice, mage, prayer beast, ranger?

For ranger, what is best method to use, rapid, accurate, or the other?

So whats the highest arrow/bow u can wield on f2p now? Is there rune arrow on f2p?

Ive heard of the multiple attacking thing now in wild, so im guessing in rs2 its not wise to pk alone?

What the hell are houses, how to i find one and what do u do in em? Is it members only thing?

Is rune essence worth it to get runes? Or should i buy from store or market?

Why does it sometimes let me attack a monster with another attacking it, but othertimes it wont?

What the hell is that dog for south of fali, the one u can feed meat and bones?

Any help appreciated, im trying to get back in rs but the problem is that its been so damn long and rs2 has changed everything that used to be rsc, which is why i quit in the first place.

Any tips for pking also very appreciated seeing as it's way different now.

bibi26
10-06-2006, 10:47 AM
What is best weapon now, rune schmidtar? Where do i get rune schmidty, al kharid, hero guild?
Rune scimitar, you can have it in the chamipon guild (I think) or from a player

What is best pking choice, mage, prayer beast, ranger?
In non-member, range and mage are worst (but not in member), only meele or pure are okay.

For ranger, what is best method to use, rapid, accurate, or the other?
You choose :)

So whats the highest arrow/bow u can wield on f2p now? Is there rune arrow on f2p?
Adamant arrows

Ive heard of the multiple attacking thing now in wild, so im guessing in rs2 its not wise to pk alone?
It wise to pk alone if you go in a non multi-zone area ;)

What the hell are houses, how to i find one and what do u do in em? Is it members only thing?
Huh ? You mean construction skill ? It members only.

Is rune essence worth it to get runes? Or should i buy from store or market?
In my own opinion, rune essence not worth it.

Why does it sometimes let me attack a monster with another attacking it, but othertimes it wont?
You in a multi-zone area attack. When you are in this multi-zone, you can attack multiple monsters, and they can attack you in multiple also. You can also attack monsters that attack other peoples. When you are in multi-zone, in the south-east, you have 2 cross swords.

What the hell is that dog for south of fali, the one u can feed meat and bones?
Nothing special, but it always fun :D

Any help appreciated, im trying to get back in rs but the problem is that its been so damn long and rs2 has changed everything that used to be rsc, which is why i quit in the first place.
Welcome to rs2 :D

Any tips for pking also very appreciated seeing as it's way different now.
Pking in f2p not worth it...

Pyro
10-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Well here comes my too cents. Hurrah hurrah. Well most of the time i pk out in front of edgeville. Then its non multi and you dont get your assed handed to you by a team. I reccomend a range melle hybrid. Either range him down quickly then bust out your r2h. Or scimi him down and use your r2h while wearing chaps and vamps.

The drops really arent all too good untill you get high level and if your a mage they hardly even cover the cost of runes. Always take lobs or better into the wildy. and thats about it

tarajunky
10-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Well here comes my too cents. Hurrah hurrah. Well most of the time i pk out in front of edgeville. Then its non multi and you dont get your assed handed to you by a team. I reccomend a range melle hybrid. Either range him down quickly then bust out your r2h. Or scimi him down and use your r2h while wearing chaps and vamps.

The drops really arent all too good untill you get high level and if your a mage they hardly even cover the cost of runes. Always take lobs or better into the wildy. and thats about it

I agree, the best f2p pker is a range/strength hybrid. This way you can get their hp down very quickly, then finish with a rune 2h. And you MUST use rapid range attack always when pking, especially with such a hybrid. There is a bug/feature that allows you to hit with an arrow, switch to your 2h and quickly hit again before they can eat. This is the only attack I know of on f2p that allows you to do this. It can turn into devastating KOs if you play it right, even against experienced pkers.

On f2p with a pure you can only hope to win rune scim+2h+str ammy at best. It's worth about 80k or so, so it's not bad. I've never pked full rune or anything like that, and most people don't want to fight someone in full rune anyway b/c it's a waste of time and food.

sting9701
10-07-2006, 03:53 AM
wow...things have changed, fuckin a. Few questions:

How do you know if it's a multi-player zone? Does it differ depending on the world as well?

Why are you saying use scim+r2h? Why not use one or the other, that part confuses me. As always, it's best to use melee+ranger i see, which i like. That was my bread and butter.

So runecrafting sucks huh, even if you're high lvled at it? I'm guessing on p2p it is worth it though. I never played member even in rsc, maybe i should play it? You guys recommend way better?

God, things are much more complicated in rs2, with the running, weight you carry, banking system, cluster fuck of a main menu.....damn i miss the simpler and way more fun rsc...

Fucking jagex was probably pist that every1 wanted rsc over rs2 still after the switch, so what did they do? Make it so you cant even play rsc anymore. Fuck them straight in the ass.

Pyro
10-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Yes if they just changed the graphics. But kept the same gameplay rs2 would be friggin popular. When we say scim+r2h it means use your scimi to hit medium hits but quick hits. Then when you have there hits down to say 8 bust out your r2h and quick hit again to kill.

You can tell if its a multi zone because of the two crossed swords is it? i cant remember right about now. But if you walk straight out from edgy then walk east you will see somethign popup in your bottem right hand corner which means multi

sting9701
10-07-2006, 05:33 AM
thanks guy, ive seen that symbol and wondered what it was. See this game was a lot simpler back then and way more fun, fagex had to fuck it up. Last question for now is this: i noticed with bows and staffs you can train magic/range as well as like defence, now is this smart to do if you want defence trained as well.

What i mean is, will it split the xp between def and magic/range?

Pyro
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Nah you dont want def. If you are pking with range you want to be going rapid nto long range so just leave it all to range and no def. Same with mage.

sting9701
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks, but i was talking about training, not pking. So if im training, is it bad to use the def+magic/def+range style?

Shadow256
10-13-2006, 02:26 AM
I prefer not using the combined exp attacks and just training one stat at a time, but its up to you. It will take longer to level up with the combined, but then again your leveling 2 stats...so you choose.

Original Daniel
10-14-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks, but i was talking about training, not pking. So if im training, is it bad to use the def+magic/def+range style?

I wouldn't get def if I were you. Only get def if you are making a plate pure.

Range 2h combo is the best method you can use, but everybody knows it and uses it.

Go for these stats to start off with:
75 range first.

If i were you i would get 55 magic and high alch to as high as you want (if you want to use magic when you hit like 60 combat for some rune sets)

After you have done that then just get 40 attack and 70 str.

If you want to train further then train your range first, magic if you want to (keep your magic 2-3 levels below your range.)

Use a combat calculater to have about as high str as possible whilst still keeping your combat based on range.

mant1s
11-22-2006, 05:23 AM
I would suggest training your strength at the new Security Stronghold, located in the center of the Barbarian Village. The Minotaurs are awesome training mobs, only level 14, low defense, and low attack. They drop LOTS of Iron Arrows, so it's a perfect spot if you don't want to spend a bunch of money later on on arrows.