PDA

View Full Version : F2P Mages

sting9701
10-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Well general concensus ive gotten from a few players is that maging sucks, especially for pking on f2p.....i gotta ask, why man?!? im lvl 12 and hitting 6s right now! Are you kidding me?!?! Why not mage?

Yakman
10-07-2006, 09:10 AM
well melee is the most developed in f2p, the weapons and armor go up to rune, magick might be good at your level, but when you get higher it wont be so good,
also most of the time meleers get their range up to 40 and wear dragonhide armor, which is strong against magic

sting9701
10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
where do u get dragon hide?

Yakman
10-07-2006, 11:18 PM
in f2p, you buy the chaps and vambraces from the champion guild, to buy and wear the body, you need to do the quest dragon slayer and have 40 defence

but its no good for mages, it gives you a negative bonus for magic attack,
but you could try this

wear mage robes and have a rune scimitar, if the guy has dragonhide, attack with ur scimmy, if he switches to metal armor, cast a spell by clicking on it on ur spellbook, if he switches back just attack with ur scimmy again. rinse and repeat

i dont know how well that works in f2p, but i know it works quite good in p2p

I Pick Axes
10-07-2006, 11:36 PM
At lower levels, mage is the most damaging of anything. But at higher levels, it's only real use is to stop people from wearing their rune and switch to hides so you can melee. But that's risky because mage hits 16 while their weapons might hit 20s or more.

sting9701
10-08-2006, 12:08 AM
so if i were to make a pk mage, what lvl would he be the best at? And what spell takes their rune off? Also, what if their inventory is full and they are wearing rune? Does it just drop on the ground? lol that would be awesome

Boreas
10-08-2006, 02:20 AM
And what spell takes their rune off? Also, what if their inventory is full and they are wearing rune? Does it just drop on the ground? lol that would be awesome

What I Pick Axes meant by take off rune is that magic combat spells do more damage to opponents when they are wearing metal armor. So when you attack someone with mage while they are wearing full rune, they will probably switch to range armor(which defends well against magic but not against melee) so then you can melee them.

sting9701
10-08-2006, 08:55 AM
so what protects against magic besides range armour and ammy of defense? Is it your def lvl or your magic lvl?

Original Daniel
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
There are hundreds of low lv f2p mages, you will be fighting people with the same stats and equipment.

It will basically be you swapping spells with someone, no skill. just hoping you hit more.

But f2p pure mages are good until about 35 combat, thats when they start getting really pwned by rangers.

sting9701
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I heard it's better to use shortbow in rs2, is this true?

yekcim
10-12-2006, 01:08 AM
^ i prefer shortbows in rs2, because id take speed over power(which is why i use scimmys, not b axes or 2h) but i dont soppose its really better to use either, just what you prefer.

and for mage, its better at low levels, because once you are a decent mage using water bolt or something, it does get expensive. when i pk i bring some deaths and other runes just to get the people in rune to take it off.