PDA

View Full Version : RS Randoms Are Being Removed!?!

Ultra
03-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Random events:

We had planned some work on the random events of RuneScape quite some time ago. We were looking to see if we could remove most of them, because a decent number were not particularly good at stopping modern-day bots. Since the threat of bots and macros has been largely removed, we feel that this is a perfect opportunity to address the problem again. For the moment, we are concentrating on our PvP minigames to compensate for the Wilderness changes, but the random event proposal has been approved and is in the pipeline.

Discuss it, is it bad for us, or is it good for us, or is it just awful?

I think that they will remove most of the easy-randoms such as security guard,
mysterious old man etc... Which equals that we will be having problems with unsolvable randoms!

infested999
03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I as just about to post this...

Rikje
03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
i think its bad.

- When they remove the easy random you get the hard one.
- With the randoms you could see if you were flagged. when the randoms are gone.... how can we know when were flagged?

bink830
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
yea, likewise on about to post this, lol.

idk. it will help me in the auto alch respect.
but they only say they are reducing them in that right?
so maybe it won't be too harsh.

heehee. they were right in that they didnt stop us, though.

Rich
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Once again, I was about to post this, I already had it copied, and ready to paste...Anyway I think this is good and bad.

Bad because this will mean that there will be most likely be an increase in hard to do randoms, like maze.

Good because I don't think that hard randoms will be used on a simple auto like auto alcher (me).

codx1
03-27-2008, 04:41 PM
It's good news if they wont be adding any new randoms :)

mixster
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
If they do browse the forums here, then I bet we'll see only the Marudot and pinball random remaining while all others disappear. Otherwise, less randoms just means they'll send off the 'harder' ones - whether or not SRL can easily solve them is just down to luck *crosses his fingers and toes and eyeballs*

Infidel00
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes, this is a double edged sword.

As stated by the posts above me, this is good and bad since it will just take out the easy ones and leave us with hard, unsolvable randoms.

Also they may just implement the hard randoms is skills that are frequently auto'd, such as combat and mining which would hurt us even more.

But in the end I have no fear and know SRL will live on. We made it through the PvP changes! We can make it through anything they throw at us.

Brain
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I think it will be pretty good, I mean...they can't just increase the amount of hard ones that people have to do, I'd be pissed because it takes me like an hour to get through th maze anyway!:rolleyes: and like most ppl, I have it pretty well memorized, and the pinball on just takes a long time too.
I don't think that they will take out the easy ones, and just replace them with hard ones, it would disrupt gameplay WAY too much. But they may just remove some of the easy ones, or just make them less likely to occur, while still having the slight chance of the more complicated ones coming up

Infidel00
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Very true. If they just had a bunch of hard ones to solve everyone would get upset since it would become tiresome and tedious.

Perhaps they will just leave a few and make them happen every now and again.

Though the flagging situtation that was brought up does make me a bit worried about being able to see if our characters are in danger or not.

Hobbit
03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I think it may be a good thing.

1. It cuts down on the amount of different randoms that need to be solved
2. We can focus and maintain the smalls amount of types better
3. Maybe cut down on randoms all around

I think jagex is starting to realize how much autoing helped and maybe they are trying to encourage us to come back :p

Sir R. M8gic1an
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
i don't think theyll replace mysterious old man with the maze, i think they'll just remove some randoms and make them happen less often. shame cus some of them were quite a good source of gems :p

and they might remove the more annoying ones like the evil twin :p
and hobbit is right, with less randoms we can focus more on solving the ones that we can't just yet.

~RM

kingarabian
03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I think this is a good thing. And just as hobbit and RM stated the less, the more we can focus.

Its really a sad thing for jagex to think assume most bots are gone. Any one feel like running ibot/nexus just for the fun of it?

Hobbit
03-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I think for a week or two we should break our rules and all auto lumby yews on lvl 3's in default clothes just for the heck of it :p

oliver1205
03-27-2008, 08:58 PM
they are removing the ones that " modern day macros" could solve. this means harder ones are on the way...

senrath
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
they are removing the ones that " modern day macros" could solve. this means harder ones are on the way...

Or it could just mean that they're not adding any more, but with the removal of the easy ones, things like ScapeRune and Mordaut will appear more often.

I don't really care one way or another, since I mostly just use Autofighters, so I don't get randoms.

wired16
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I think for a week or two we should break our rules and all auto lumby yews on lvl 3's in default clothes just for the heck of it :p

You sir, are BANNED! lol

but i would be willing to put money on the fact that they will not replace all the easy randoms with hard ones becuase that would piss legit players off... IE if someone is training mining and they get maze/pinball/evil twin all within an hour or so .. they will bitch and jagex will stop.

just a thought .... i think jagex is going to give up on rs pretty soon like after mechscape comes out ... that and fun orb will be they're main focus

senrath
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
just a thought .... i think jagex is going to give up on rs pretty soon like after mechscape comes out ... that and fun orb will be they're main focus

I doubt that. They still make a lot of money off of memberships.

Infidel00
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Mechscape...heh. :rolleyes:

But yes, they definitely could not simply replace the easy randoms and start dishing out harder randoms because people would bitch more and then stop playing since it would take away from the fun.
The game would become more focused on solving randoms and trying to avoid them instead of killing or mining or whatever skill the player is doing.

Main
03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
they probably are having more demon class like and less mysterious box.

Harry
03-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Bad... more Unsolveables on the way ... :(

King of the Nites
03-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I think this is a good thing because we will eventually get a whole lotta less randoms which will equal maximum playing time!!! But i think we should start a fake sort of rumour to jagex that we solved every random!

Main
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
@king of the nites

jagex probably have like a spy team in every cheat sites, they probably have a spy who is a srl dev...etc

Hurgymcgurgygurg
03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Okay, this is good and bad...

First off the removal of old randoms is not likely to be replaced by the new ones immediately so for the mean time this is good. Another important thing to note is the frequency of randoms is defiantly going to drop since the un-solve-able randoms all take a minute or two to do, they can't go ahead and replace the old ones with these time intensive new ones.

So mixed outcome, time will tell whether this is good or bad.

NOTE: It is important to note that they did say "Since the threat of bots and macros has been largely removed, we feel that this is a perfect opportunity to address the problem again."

To me this seems like JaGex is just removing the old ones and doing nothing else. Which is still good for us, but the better part is they don't see us as a menace any more since there is no RWTing. Hopefully this translates to JaGex becoming lazier and not updating detection systems.

Remember also that last November JaGex new chief had an interview with the BBC, saying that Runescape is only their primary development for another 4 years, thats already 3 and a half, so the golden age of autoing is coming.

Lee Lok Hin
03-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Personally, I think they'll be just removing randoms. But. How do we know after this if we are flagged or not?

Sean[714]
03-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Well,
if you looked at the little bar they've so nicely given us,
the random updates are only about one fourth done,
which gives us ALOT of time to plan.
It also gives us a lot of time to auto pretty safely :).
(think of all the things Jagex needs to fix, like GE and PVP minigame,
we've got lots of time.)

Pwnt by Pwnt
03-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I think it is good.. we just need more people trying to figure out the harder randoms... and if there is a time when there is hardly any botting, due to chances of getting banned because of no anti-randoms.. then they might make the randoms not as hard and then we just need to make SCAR/SRL even more human like.. ^^ maybe in the next 6-18 months there won't be any randoms at all :D and Item Lending is coming out too so now we can make armies again xD

StrikerX
03-28-2008, 09:38 AM
sorry didn't see this can someone delete my thread plox?

Rich
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I just had a thought...Since it sounds like no more randoms are going to be invented, and some are being taken out, this means that the SRL Developers will be able to focus on the harder randoms more, making it easier for SRL to solve them, meaning that SRL might not have any problems solving randoms anymore.

Lol got SMART running while doing this...Cheers for that...

R1ch4

03-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Great to see alot of you posting the same message constantly, that makes for a good discussion...

I say the sooner it comes along the better, don't want to be waiting around, making new scripts etc... then finding out that what they've introduced and taken away means you have to edit a load of your scripts. The sooner it comes, the sooner we can get started on making strong scripts for the new situations.

Jamiee
03-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I know one thing FOR SURE

They will not take away randoms that give you emotes/clothing.

Main
03-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Remember also that last November JaGex new chief had an interview with the BBC

whoa, i though paul and andrew are keeping their id secret, link to the article please? or vid?

Cazax
03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Does anyone noted this ?

The item lending feature has progressed past the proposal stage. Unfortunately, the Game Engine developers in charge of the project have had to delay it while they work on issues with serverload that came to light during the Audio Week release. These problems meant that worlds went out of action for a period of time and the developers have been tackling this issue so it does not happen again.

We're aiming to have this resolved in the next couple of weeks, so that item lending can be made a priority again. For the moment, we can tell you that the item lending feature will be session-based, allowing you to transfer objects to another player for the period that you are both logged in.

supermoose
03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
ehh if they remove randos i hink its a werry good thing.. or are it?...

Lacky
03-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I think jagex is starting to realize how much autoing helped and maybe they are trying to encourage us to come back :p

Good luck with that. :p

I think this is a good thing. And just as hobbit and RM stated the less, the more we can focus.

Its really a sad thing for jagex to think assume most bots are gone. Any one feel like running ibot/nexus just for the fun of it?

I'm up for it!

Once again, I'm up for it!

@king of the nites

jagex probably have like a spy team in every cheat sites, they probably have a spy who is a srl dev...etc

I doubt it, if they had an SRL Dev Spy, they would know our code, and how to combat it I'd say.

Okay, this is good and bad...

First off the removal of old randoms is not likely to be replaced by the new ones immediately so for the mean time this is good. Another important thing to note is the frequency of randoms is defiantly going to drop since the un-solve-able randoms all take a minute or two to do, they can't go ahead and replace the old ones with these time intensive new ones.

So mixed outcome, time will tell whether this is good or bad.

NOTE: It is important to note that they did say "Since the threat of bots and macros has been largely removed, we feel that this is a perfect opportunity to address the problem again."

To me this seems like JaGex is just removing the old ones and doing nothing else. Which is still good for us, but the better part is they don't see us as a menace any more since there is no RWTing. Hopefully this translates to JaGex becoming lazier and not updating detection systems.

Remember also that last November JaGex new chief had an interview with the BBC, saying that Runescape is only their primary development for another 4 years, thats already 3 and a half, so the golden age of autoing is coming.

RWTing? Rewriting?

Personally, I think they'll be just removing randoms. But. How do we know after this if we are flagged or not?

They aren't going to remove ALL randoms...so you will still know, just not as much.

Great to see alot of you posting the same message constantly, that makes for a good discussion...

I was thinking the exact same thing. :p

Does anyone noted this?
The item lending feature has progressed past the proposal stage. Unfortunately, the Game Engine developers in charge of the project have had to delay it while they work on issues with serverload that came to light during the Audio Week release. These problems meant that worlds went out of action for a period of time and the developers have been tackling this issue so it does not happen again.

We're aiming to have this resolved in the next couple of weeks, so that item lending can be made a priority again. For the moment, we can tell you that the item lending feature will be session-based, allowing you to transfer objects to another player for the period that you are both logged in.

What's that got to do with anything....anything related to this?

P1nky
03-31-2008, 02:17 AM
shit means no more easy solvable randoms NOW THEY ARE MAKING minigames such as the Mordaurt 1 and PINBALL AND THE CAMO fag! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

senrath
03-31-2008, 02:43 AM
RWTing? Rewriting?

RWTing is Real World Trading, ie. selling items and/or accounts for real money and/or items with value.

Lacky
03-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Ah, cheers. ^_^

Zyt3x
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Good luck with that. :p
*CUT*
RWTing? Rewriting?
*CUT*

No.. RWT := RealWorldTrading.. RWTing := RealWorldTradinging.

E: Opps, im so offtopic... I think i'll put the ontopic in tags o.O

I mean it is better, maybe the hard ones will come just at the same speed (u understand) as it does now.. Only the easy will be removed.. (And hpoefully the annoying like evil twin and maze -.-")

E2: 200nd post!!! :D

BobboHobbo
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
They are only doing this because the main Bots are gone the ones raping lumbridge... That was probly there aim, and i doubt they will come back.

I think they wont put harder randoms, randoms are annoying as they are. They will most like keep the non solvable randoms but you wont rigger them as often.

Stand world 2 in the GE every second someone gets a random..

osmm
04-05-2008, 01:17 AM
If they leave all the hard ones, which I'm sure they know they ones we can't solve, and take out the easy ones then it just means that there are more of the hard ones. Or in other words, we are fucked. But it they take out the long ones it will be all good.

EvilChicken!
04-05-2008, 10:39 AM
But it they take out the long ones it will be all good.

Why would they do that? I assume they'll take out the solvable out and leave the mime and others remaining. They'll reduce they frequncy of these randoms occuring, and add in a couple new ones. In the beginning, we'll be pretty fucked if they do add new ones.. (Trade limit all over again. RS with ONLY unsolvable randoms..) But we'll manage through time, of course. People will make a solver for those randoms. It is hard, not impossible.

turbobk
04-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey guys,

I have been told from a reliable source that around the middle of May, Jagex will be removing the: Dwarf Random, Genie Random, Freaky Forrester Random, Sandwich Lady Random, Genie Random, Frog Random, Mysterious Old Man Random.

They will be adding 1 new easy random and 1 harder one.

They will be ALOT harder for 'modern day macros' to solve.

Please do NOT flame me if this is incorrect as I have heard this from somebody else. But all the Information I have been given before has been correct, so we'll will just have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Turbobk. :)

EvilChicken!
04-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey guys,

I have been told from a reliable source that around the middle of May, Jagex will be removing the: Dwarf Random, Genie Random, Freaky Forrester Random, Sandwich Lady Random, Genie Random, Frog Random, Mysterious Old Man Random.

They will be adding 1 new easy random and 1 harder one.

They will be ALOT harder for 'modern day macros' to solve.

Please do NOT flame me if this is incorrect as I have heard this from somebody else. But all the Information I have been given before has been correct, so we'll will just have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Turbobk. :)

Freaky forrester isn't solved by SRL AFAIK, so thats good. Meaning -1 unsolvable + one unsolveable = even! Good to hear about the easier one.. And not too good to hear about the harder one. If all those above stated randoms re removed, it leavs us with:

Leo (Gravedigger) - SOLVED BY SRL?
Modaut (School random)
Mime
Maze
Molly
Pinball
Drill Demon (Camo random) - SOLVED BY SRL?
Evil Bob - fishing island - SOLVED BY SRL?
Quiz - There is a quizsolver, but does it solve..?
Security Guard?
Plant - P2P random only - EASY TO SOLVE, NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED IN SRL

Wow, that still leaves up with a lot of randoms.

richk1693
04-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Freaky forester is solved by iBot though, and that's far more widely used than SRL.

Main
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
i'll laugh they'll make like 1-2 min randoms

senrath
04-06-2008, 07:16 PM
AFAIK SRL does solve security guard.

DeSnob
04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
It's good news if they wont be adding any new randoms :)

its not good news, they mean there going to take out the easy randoms and put in even harder ones:( :(

king vash
04-08-2008, 01:52 AM
even if the leave only the hard randoms they won't call them more than once an hour, no player wants a maze, it's just not worth it. players will revolt if their are to many hard randoms. alot of legitimate players liked genies and talking randoms that gave them free gems and stuff. so i think it will end up being even

richk1693
04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I just thought... If they are taking out all the easy randoms that give gems, wouldn't it be wise to invest in gems now, since the supply will drop harshly causing the prices to skyrocket?