PDA

View Full Version : RS Becoming F2P

Richard
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, I've noticed that there have been a major increase in the ammount of new updates that are becoming F2P, Bounty Hunter, GE, Duel arena, and some othet things and I've been thinking whether they may be making RS completely F2P.

Or maybe reduce the price of P2P.

Post your opinions as I think this may be happening...

skilld u
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
that'd be awesome. my army would rape the whole runescape empire. :p I hope they are going to do that.

senrath
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I honestly hope so, but I don't see it happening. The way I see it is that Jagex is trying to get more F2P people into P2P by giving them a small taste of what is waiting for them.

mixster
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I think they're most likely trying to get more players hooked. More players = increased amount of people who may become members, so it's all good.

Main
03-27-2008, 09:26 PM

That might be possible due to the lost of wilderness. but trust me, p2p will never be free,

Harry
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Too many players lost := Jagex trying to earn back :p

Richard
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, i guess its all a big way to get lost players back from there muy stupido updates

trust me, p2p will never become free be free,

Well P2P means pay to play so it basically means payed for :p

Hobbit
03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
All those updates you mentioned had to be implemented into F2P.
They were are a result of something being taken away.. so they can't just leave a hole in the game for the F2P.
And I think they may lower prices... but they just did that a few weeks ago... for us Canadians anyway :D

lakerzz8
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
They only "lowered" prices for Canadians because the Canadian dollar has equaled (or bettered) the American dollar so they have to adjust accordingly.

Also, these updates are like the f2p skill, where you get a little bit but much more if you are p2p. This way, they ease more players into p2p. So instead of going from nothing to everything, they are making a smoother transition and much more likely that someone who enjoys playing the f2p game will cough up the dough for the p2p version.

Hobbit
03-28-2008, 03:15 AM
They only "lowered" prices for Canadians because the Canadian dollar has equaled (or bettered) the American dollar so they have to adjust accordingly.

Yes but when the Canadian dollar was at $1.10 I sent them a message and they replied that they would not change pricing because the costs to them is still the same... well if our dollar is worth more that means your getting more money.. and if the cost stays the same as you say... you should lower the price... idiots... I'll find the original thread about it.

http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18096?t=19800

Quite a fun read

Dracody
03-28-2008, 03:45 AM
I honestly hope so, but I don't see it happening. The way I see it is that Jagex is trying to get more F2P people into P2P by giving them a small taste of what is waiting for them.

I think they're most likely trying to get more players hooked. More players = increased amount of people who may become members, so it's all good.

Too many players lost := Jagex trying to earn back :p

Well I totally agree with your opinion guys , true , they are trying to hook up more players to become members by giving them a little taste of what member could be, but oh well, If I pay any membership again its just for skilling up , and getting skillcapes, I dont like much paying 5 dolars to some jerks who ruined a game that was fun...

PvH
03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
i hope so... if they did,, i think they will add a cashshop to buy special items in

Richard
03-28-2008, 05:49 PM
If Jagex did that then everyone would call them complete hippocrites considering that is RWT all over again. But I don't think it will all be F2P, just they may cheapen it for us.

Note: I worked it out, us english have the worst deal for members...

Rich
03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
That's out of order...I'm English and I want a good deal lol...

Anyway I think they are giving F2P all of these updates due to the loss of the wilderness, and trade changes. And also to give them a taste of what it's like to be a member, because of all of the members they lost because of the changes I mentioned above.

Richard
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah I think thats the general idea of it all, like still kepping duel tounaments P2P, but opening the normal bit up.

BTW: Just to let americans see the price difference

English : £3.20 = $6.40

American : $5.00 = £2.50

I know its only 70p, but over a years that £8.20, which could buy you 3 months in america, but only 2 in england.

lakerzz8
03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Your math is slightly off...it's not 1:2

3.20 Euros = 5.05408 U.S. dollars

5 U.S. dollars = 3.16575915 Euros

So it is much closer than you counted, but Americans still do pay less I guess.

Rich
03-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Lakerz, Richard was doing it English £ to American $ and visa versa.

Negaal
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM

More like increase,

Dollar is falling. It was some 15 EEKs like 3 year ago, now it's 9.8.
I still remember it was some 17 or 18 EEKs before 13 sept. 2002.

So earnings are increasing because dollar falling soon, right? That means jagex wants money what is worth same like few years ago.

It would be like 6$ or 7$ ?

Idk. my english sucks.

Richard
03-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe, I just hope it doesn't increase in England :p

@ Lakerz

I was talking about the british £, not euros. There a big difference.

kevinlow
04-16-2008, 12:12 AM
why do u think they took the free trade away. was it because of autoing or hacking?

lakerzz8
04-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Maybe, I just hope it doesn't increase in England :p

@ Lakerz

I was talking about the british £, not euros. There a big difference.

My bad!

Waddo
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
NO THE CHANGE IN COST WAS BECAUSE OF paypal fees oops didnt mean them caps
no matter which way u pay jagex still makes the same amount

splbooth
04-17-2008, 08:53 PM
If Jagex did that then everyone would call them complete hippocrites considering that is RWT all over again.

£3.20 a month to play on a VIRTUAL game, with VIRTUAL items... they are there own worst enemy (Well, I guess their not if they cash in on it... different when the shoe is on the other foot).

I heard a lot about this other game coming out by Jagex... some Sci-Fi game (cant remember the name... begins with m i think). Personally, if I had a massively popular game like RS, then I would try to use it to advertise the companies name, hence bring the focus to their new game. I know that if I were to suddenly forget about RS (again), then I would quite as easily forget about anything else they were bringing out.

legendaryhero90
04-18-2008, 12:11 AM
im just waiting for the day they give F2P fletching or thieving

King of the Nites
04-18-2008, 02:07 AM
im just waiting for the day they give F2P fletching or thieving

I dont think they would do fletching because they know that every single autor would suddenly be like 2 mil richer. But that would own!!

lakerzz8
04-18-2008, 05:25 AM
£3.20 a month to play on a VIRTUAL game, with VIRTUAL items... they are there own worst enemy (Well, I guess their not if they cash in on it... different when the shoe is on the other foot).

I heard a lot about this other game coming out by Jagex... some Sci-Fi game (cant remember the name... begins with m i think). Personally, if I had a massively popular game like RS, then I would try to use it to advertise the companies name, hence bring the focus to their new game. I know that if I were to suddenly forget about RS (again), then I would quite as easily forget about anything else they were bringing out.

You are talking about Mechscape. Which so far has only been rumored and I don't believe it's been confirmed by anyone with any power to confirm it.

splbooth
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
You are talking about Mechscape. Which so far has only been rumored and I don't believe it's been confirmed by anyone with any power to confirm it.

One of the staff accidently blurted out that they started work on a sci fi game rather than runescape... They cant mention it until it comes out, its one of their rules :P

Still, it could only be a rumour, highly doubt it though.