PDA

View Full Version : Burn Ps2 games without Chip

StrikerX
03-31-2008, 12:19 PM
How to burn and play PS2, and PSX games on your PS2 without a modchip In this guide, you will learn the very easy method of making copies of your PS2 and normal Playstaion games so that they are playable on the PS2. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to burn PS2 games.
You will need the following things to burn PS2 games:
a computer with a cd burner
a blank cd-r (don't use the re-recordable type a.k.a. cd-rw)
CDRWIN (http://www.goldenhawk.com/) – The version in this guide is 3.8D
FireBurner (http://www.fireburner.com/) –
PS2 patcher –
GameShark 2 for PS2 - the GameShark 2 is available at most stores that sell video games, a few examples would be Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target. You want version 1.0 of the GameShark 2. I have heard that all other versions work, but I have only tested version 1.0. GameShark2 costs about 29.95. Believe me, its worth it!!!
and a PS2 to play the games.Burning the PS2

The process of burning ps2 games is easy. It is really only a 3 step process.(read the game, patch the game, and burn the game.)
1) insert game into cd drive.
2) Open up CDRWIN and click on the extract disk/tracks/sectors button.
3) Your settings should be as follows:

For “extract mode” select disk image/ cue sheet
For “read options” select “raw”
For “error recovery” select “abort”
For “jitter correction” select “auto”
For “subcode analysis” select “auto”
Data Speed and Audio Speed should be the same
For “read retry count” type 0
For “subcode threshold” type 300
Make sure you selected the drive that your PS2 game is inMake sure you typed in the file name (just type the name of the game) and Check the directory that you're putting your file in.
Then just press “start”
If you get an error in the middle of reading the disk that says something like “can't read sections xxxx-xxxxx of disk”, it is becase the disk is scratched and CDRWIN can't read it. Try to clean the disk, if that doesn't work you just have to use a different game (a different copy of the same game)
4) Once CDRWIN is done, click ok and then exit CDRWIN. Open up the PS2 patcher, select the game file you just created and patch it (make sure you select the “RAW” option.
5) Close the PS2 patcher, next open up Fireburner. Click on the visual cue burner button. When you created your .bin file (the game file) in CDRWIN, a .cue file should have automaticly been created. In that case, drag and drop the .cue file into the Fireburner window. If the .cue file was not created, just drag and drop the .bin file into the Fireburner window. After you have done that, right click (click with the right side button on your mouse) on your file in the Fireburner window, and select “Burn/Test burn”.
6) In the options window that appears, select your cdwriter, select your write speed(doesn't really matter), and make sure you select “Track at once (TOA) for the recording method. As for the options on the right side of the options window, make sure only the following are checked: “eject cd” and “close session”.
When you have selected the options, click ok and your PS2 game will burn. That's all you have to do to burn a game.
Burning a Playstion (PSone) game

1) If you want, you can spend 5 minutes using the same method as above to burn your playstation game, but its not necessary. For a playstation game (not PS2) all you need to do is use a program that lets you make an “exact copy” or a “backup disk (CDRWIN)” You don't need any selected options, you just need to start the game on the PS2 the same way you would a PS2 game.
Starting the game on your PS2

1) Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times) This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4 times, it's super easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).
2) Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn't matter which one.)
3) In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”
4) Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2 knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2!!!
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned game.
6) Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don't press the eject button).
7) Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
8) If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads.

Original Source:www.i-hacked.com/content/view/75/62/ (http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/75/62/)

palmpilot71
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
I love your sig! I will try this because my friend is coming over this weekend and he has a PS2. I have an XBox 360 so I can't try...

StrikerX
04-01-2008, 06:08 AM
lol what exactly do you like about my sig and make sure to tell him to bring his gameshark

killer7xx
04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
if i had a gameshark I would try but I don't and my local stores never have them. anyway is this for the slim ps2 or the phat?

jas0npc
04-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Why not just bye a mememto memory card, install their firmware, burn your game and play, and you get a working 32meg mem card as well

killer7xx
04-08-2008, 11:14 AM
for a memory card wouldnt you just transfer the games over instead of burning them? Unless you use the memory card as a chip.

Jelloman
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
what gameshark version is that? ive been looking to do this for a while, but ive been unable to find SwapMagic which does the same thing as gameshark in your tut, if i can find a gameshark in stores im def. going to try this!!

Markus
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Basically, this is just how to use gameshark -.- You can better use swapmagic, and even that stinks.
*Markus is a proud owner of Messiah v1*

jas0npc
04-08-2008, 03:42 PM
for a memory card wouldnt you just transfer the games over instead of burning them? Unless you use the memory card as a chip.

That is what it doehttp://www.mementoteam.com/s, look here

Jelloman
04-27-2008, 02:01 AM
so has any one definately tried this and verified that it works with a game shark, cuz ive heard elsewhere that it doesnt

ravenhq
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't know about gameshark, but the memory card works, at least for the fat version.

If you have the fat version you can use the memory card exploit to run Backup games( don't know if it works on slim but I don't think so), but You'll have to know someone that has a chipped PS2, otherwise you won't be able to get the exploit on your memory card. If you don't know someone then you can use the mememto memory card which has the exploit installed on them, and you'll be able to connect the memory card to your PC.(You won't play the games of the Memory card, just help start them)

This site will help you set it up, just follow the tut's.

Also with the fat version you have the ability to connect a hdd to it, this makes it possible to run the backups from the hdd in the PS2 without any CD's, it's all in the tut's.

http://sksapps.com/

iseedcuk
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
cool can u find 1 for xbox

William
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Hehehe im going to try this with my ps2

dweg
11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Your tut is good, however I did it a bit differently. I got a USB drive and Gameshark. Then I created an exploit with PS2 Independence Exploit Maker v3.2. Put the flash drive into one of the USB slots, and loaded up Gameshark. Then copied the "save" (exploit) on my memory card. I turned my PS2 off, put in my special PS1 game (the trigger disc) and screen went black. Then PS2Keylauncher popped up. I started CogSwap and ejected the disc, and put it my GTA Vice City. Then I replaced with my downloaded game. This also launches ELFs, so you can run emulators and other utilities from your flash drive.

If you like this rep++.
Dwegiel - past PS2 dev/user, now PSP hacker (I got windows on it...and Mac OS 8.1..., and Linux...)

hennil
11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Nice, will try this on my ps2 :)

goreonius
09-13-2009, 04:31 AM
is the gameshark disk a "blue disk" i have a old(thick) ps2 that wont read/play those.

Markus
09-13-2009, 05:00 AM
A gameshark is a cheat device, which can also be used to load illegal/copied/backup PS2 games.
Closed due to gravedig too.