PDA

View Full Version : Another way to get members?

Rich
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
In a quiet field east of Draynor Manor, two enterprising gnomes have founded Gnomecopter Tours, featuring the latest development in gnomic flight technology. They're open for business now, offering free-players (and curious members) the chance to take a look at distant lands, including the beautiful elf village of Lletya, the frantic battlefield of Pest Control and the Trollweiss and Rellekka Hunter area.

Summary

Where to start using gnomecopters:
The gnomecopters depart from the field north of Lumbridge windmill.

Requirements:
None - this update is available to members and F2P!

Access to:

An aerial tour of some of the best members-only content.

We've been talking about ways that Jagex have been trying to get more members...This is another one. It lets F2P players to fly over member areas, and check them out...What do you think...

R1ch4

PvH
03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
greedy jagex again <_<
still cool..:p
all they want is money

Markus
03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Title screen sucks, it's the same as the one when summoning came out.
Lemme check those gnomecopters out :)

senrath
03-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Pfft, greedy Jagex. I wish they'd quit giving us updates that don't do anything at all, except for attempt to bring in more memberships.

PriSoner
03-31-2008, 02:05 PM
New members bring more cash which in turn equals more money for development. If they stopped thinking up initiatives to draw in new members then we would all lose out.

Personally I think they need to develop a new graphic engine.

Zyt3x
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM

No kiddihng? O_O

I could do better in MS PAINT! :D

senrath
03-31-2008, 07:09 PM
New members bring more cash which in turn equals more money for development. If they stopped thinking up initiatives to draw in new members then we would all lose out.

I understand that, but they can still do that and have substance. Like add a new members skill/area/whatever and give free people access to a small part of it.

Markus
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
The lumby cowfield next to the gnomecopters now also has deposit box!
Fast cowhide banker anyone?
edit: It's F2P, Woot!

senrath
03-31-2008, 07:57 PM
The lumby cowfield next to the gnomecopters now also has deposit box!
Fast cowhide banker anyone?
edit: It's F2P, Woot!

Wait, you're serious? I take back everything bad I said about this update. I love it!

Flamesfan4ever
05-01-2008, 03:02 AM
I think they need to revert back to the RuneScape from 4 months ago. : D They have made so many mistakes in the last few months, and lost so many players, it's unbelievable.

lakerzz8
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I think they need to revert back to the RuneScape from 4 months ago. : D They have made so many mistakes in the last few months, and lost so many players, it's unbelievable.

I think you should let month old topics just die. Runescape will not revert any changes made as they are still making tons of money and not don't have to worry about having to return money to people who have undergone credit card fraud, etc.