PDA

View Full Version : C++ Questions?

oldschool .html
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Heya,

I have an idea and I'm sure I am not the first one tho think of it but I was thinking for making a MathCheater Program for everyone in school including me...

The program would be somthing extremely user friendly and very effective...

So I would program a .exe program were when you open it up.

It has 3 options to pick from "Basic Math, Algebra, Geometry"
Next you select your formula to use "Speed, Multiplication, Area, Probability"
Next it opens the formula you pick and has text boxes to fill in your information. For example if you pick area then this would open.
[insert length here] x
[insert height here] =
Area is ____
Next it displays your answer in a textbox so you can copy and paste ;)

I think this would be awsome :) I just need some common formulas from all you school kids and stuff so I get stuff in their that people will use...

NOTE: I will make a CUSTOM option in the beginning so that you can type in a CUSTOM formula.

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Let me know if this sounds good or if it will be a disaster?

GoF
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Use a calculator? Or just do it my way and write the stuff on a SMS message and save to your phone or on your calculator (if it can't solve them that is) ;)

oldschool .html
04-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm saying instead of looking through yout Notes / Books / Binders Why not just have one little application with 100's of formulas all nice and neat without the hassle of reading through your Notes / Books / Binders just to find one? I thougth this would be good for a time saver not just a calculator? Would be so neat to make it Mobile.

I'm going to see if this is possible in SCAR since this is what this website is about im sure I could get alot of help in that sense too..

Repentinus
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
It would be disaster. All normal people can do maths and we do not need to help abnormal ones. Math is easy.

boberman
04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
so, what kind of math are we talking about here? If you want to program it, go right ahead, you will definitely learn your math by the time you are done.

The problem you will run into is that quite often you will find that someone will give you a equation with 4 variables and three of the current variable values and expect you to find the forth. You are going to need some pretty intense string manipulation functions to set the equations up to the way you want them and be capable of handling things like character case, powers, variables multiplying each other.

Not to mention a lot of math will have the students go through and use more then one equation to find the answer. So your program would have to be smart enough to say "Ok we have two variables and an equation of one variable that relates it to the other so replace the first with the second" ect.

And you want a simple user interface and you are considering writing it in C++? Good luck with that, you might want to look up windows programming to get some idea of what you will be getting yourself into.

Possible, of course! Look at mathmatica. easy of course not, look at mathmatica. There are about 3 programs out there that do about the same thing as mathmatica. And there is a pretty huge price on mathmatica. That just shows how hard this stuff can get.

But if you want to take it on, by all means go for it. Just realize this might not be the best project to start with c++ on.