PDA

View Full Version : any good DS games?

legendaryhero90
04-08-2008, 02:05 AM
hey guys.

i would like to just say that I just got a Nintendo DS from my uncle as a gift.

(dont start saying that the PSP is better because i dont need that kind of spam right now.)

all i would like to ask is if you guys know of any good games to buy for the DS besides all the usual games made by nintendo like mario or zelda.

im pretty new to the game system so any recommendation will be highly appreciated.

PriSoner
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
There are loads of Games on the DS some crap some very very good.. Personally I think the DS beats the PSP hands down.

I'm not going ot recomend any game though as there are just so many to choose from but I will say that purchasing something like the CycloDS Evolution (http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=products-cyclodsevolution) will do you the world of good..

That way you shell out for 1 cart and then you can download and try every game out there. :)

legendaryhero90
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
There are loads of Games on the DS some crap some very very good.. Personally I think the DS beats the PSP hands down.

I'm not going ot recomend any game though as there are just so many to choose from but I will say that purchasing something like the CycloDS Evolution (http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=products-cyclodsevolution) will do you the world of good..

That way you shell out for 1 cart and then you can download and try every game out there. :)

lol that thing looks illegal.

reminds me of my flash 256mb GBA game pak i used to have.

but seriously, no good games at all guys?

Infidel00
04-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Dungeon Explorers, FF Ring of Fates, Animal crossing, Harvest Moon, the new game from the makers of Kingdom hearts will be pretty good.

Ah, Trauma Center can be fun as well!

Plus get some GBA games like FF3 and Dawn of Souls.

Bobarkinator
04-09-2008, 12:33 AM
www.dslinux.org Put Linux on your DS !

YoHoJo
04-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I also recommend get a flashcart so he cant just download games onto it for free, along with a bunch of homebrew programs.

New Super Mario Bros
Metriod Prime Hunters
Mario 64 (DS Version)
Kirby: Squeak Squad
Call of Duty
Brothers in Arms

And thts all i can think of.

Send me a PM if your more interested in a flashcaart though, its way worth it.

FlashCart(35$) + MicroSD Card (30$) and you've got free games for life.

Thers also gutiar hero coming our for DS this summer.
http://www.guitarheroontour.com/

<3

Starblaster100
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I would just like to say that YoHoJo also helped me get a flash cartridge and it has been well worth it.

Advance Wars games are good if you're into those types of games.

legendaryhero90
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
@Yohojo: thx but i'd rather just buy the real games since i dont want to deal with piracy issues with the flashcarts and such. though the talk about a new guitar hero sounds pretty nice so i might look forward to that.

@bobarkinator: no. just...no...

@starblaster: yeah advance wars is pretty nice along with fire emblem and such but im not really in the mood for strategy games at the moment, though im really good at it.

i guess ill wait for some new games to come out.

might as well play phantom hourglass while i wait then. (it came with the game :D)

MylesMadness
04-10-2008, 01:17 AM
No, you NEED a flash cart. The ds sucks without it.

PriSoner
04-10-2008, 11:43 AM
No, you NEED a flash cart. The ds sucks without it.
It doesn't suck without it!

It just makes it a bit more expensive as you have to buy your games and contribute to the wages of the folk that wrote the games in the first place.

I also find that if you have access to all the games all at once you have no real focus on any game. If you buy one game, your stuck with it until you can afford the next and as a result you are more likely to finish it and get the full satisfaction from the game.

Infidel00
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh if you are looking for a difficult game, get the new Mystery Dungeon. If you die, it has permanent death, so you start back at the beginning. :mad:

That is if you are into an RPG with a challenge.

Bobarkinator
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
@bobarkinator: no. just...no...

Wimp :rolleyes:... :p

randy marsh
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I would say ds games arent really serious games more for fun, if you want to play proper games get a xbox or ps3