PDA

View Full Version : Fists of Guthix released

Markus
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
The new PvP (safe) minigame has been released:

A number of Guthix druids have discovered an unexplored cave under the lower Wilderness (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=wilderness), just north of Varrock (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=varrock). Inside is a new, one-on-one, tactical PvP combat minigame, available to both members and free players!
The cave appears to have been left undisturbed since the time of the god wars, guarded over the years by Fiara, a giant earwig and protector of something called the Fist of Guthix (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=Fist_of_Guthix). Great powers emanate from this 'Fist' and the druids have managed to convince Fiara to allow them to gather charges from it. Being light on numbers, they need others to help them, which is where you come in!
In the spirit of Guthix, Fiara has introduced a 'balance' to this minigame. For each adventurer looking to absorb the power of the fist, there is another trying to chop, range or cast spells at them!
You and another adventurer must each take a turn being the hunted or the hunter. The hunted's task is to survive as long as possible, storing charges in a stone of power as the time counts down, while the hunter simply has to defeat the hunted in as quick a time as possible!
The energy of this mysterious area has quite an impact on those who attempt to absorb the power from the Fist of Guthix. Even the mightiest of warriors will find themselves severely weakened as they avoid the hunter, making it incredibly difficult to survive for long. The cave does offer some help in the form of places to hide, but will this be enough?
After both you and your opponent have had a chance to be the hunted, victory is assigned to those who stored the most charges in their stone of power. Fist of Guthix tokens will then be given out, based on how well you did, with which you can purchase a wide variety of rewards, including magical gloves to help you boost your XP, spiked shields and many more.
Summary

Where to start Fist of Guthix (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=Fist_of_Guthix): North of Varrock, in the lower reaches of the Wilderness.
Requirements: None - Fist of Guthix is available to both free players and members.

Access to:

A new, one-on-one, tactical PvP minigame under the Wilderness
A new area the size of Ape Atoll (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=ape_atoll_members)
Rewards, including clothing with set effects, available to free players as well as members
A Fist of Guthix Hiscores table for those who have a rank of 500 or higher

lemme check this game out :garfield:

Richard
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow, you were quick to get that down. I'm gonna test it out now and do a review :)

codx1
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Looks nice, I might test that some time

Richard
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Hmm, the server wont load properly.

The only way to deal with it is when you go down to the bottom on the detail select page click unsigned java applet, then it works.

Lee Lok Hin
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Do I smell a tank minigame? o.O

Seriously though, I mean, Tanks would own this at being the hunted

Bobarkinator
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe an RS update that I can try? We shall see.

JuKKa
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
p2p only?

Richard
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Nope, well theres f2p worlds with fists of guthix as the activity.

JuKKa
04-09-2008, 01:01 PM
lol it doesent matter if u have armor or not.. U hit extreemly often! I koed a guy that was 40 levels higher in like what 3 or 4 hits...

Markus
04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
It's a funny game, but the lag makes it horrible! The (F2P) rewards are very cool though, just like the free mage xp :)

Jelloman
04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
i tried to test it out but i sat in the waiting room for like 20 minutes and we never "had enough players" so i just left, there was over ten people in the room

Richard
04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Strange because I waited in the waiting room for about 10 seconds each time before I got matched up with someone. My rank is 66 on it, w00t!

senrath
04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm so gonna play this when I get home. I love the rewards.

ZaSz
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
This looks fun going to play now...

richk1693
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
It's pretty fun, but people can be total fags in it. I'm level 86? not exactly sure but more than 85 less than 90. and ended up forfiting to a level 60 after him hiding the whole time the second i get near him he goes into the teleporter and hides in another corner.

kingarabian
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
It's pretty fun, but people can be total fags in it. I'm level 86? not exactly sure but more than 85 less than 90. and ended up forfiting to a level 60 after him hiding the whole time the second i get near him he goes into the teleporter and hides in another corner.

My friend strategy is the key to this game ;).

richk1693
04-09-2008, 11:47 PM
My friend strategy is the key to this game ;).

There is a large difference between being smart and being cheap.

kingarabian
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
There is a large difference between being smart and being cheap.

I understand the smart part but the cheap?

richk1693
04-10-2008, 02:07 AM
I understand the smart part but the cheap?

Not quite sure what you mean by that.
Worthy of no respect; vulgar or contemptible?

lakerzz8
04-10-2008, 03:43 AM
He's just mad because he keeps getting outsmarted. All 4 teleporters are next to each other so if you stand in the middle you can see where he comes out from.

Edit: haha i'm level 90 and just beat a level 116

Lee Lok Hin
04-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Wait, so combat levels count for nothing/very little in this game?

ZaSz
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Wait, so combat levels count for nothing/very little in this game?

You are correct, And BTW to all those saying I just beat a lvl 110, 130. Guess what in the Mini, a lvl 3 could beat them!

I just beat a lvl 130 and won, this game is all about stratagy NOT CB Skills.

Also I have 1 drag gaunts, THEY SUCK IN STATS. Like 6-7 +. But Im buying another, used up they sell 550k med price. Haven't been to G.E yet.

senrath
04-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Meh, I've found that not to be accurate. I'm a level 50, and I was repeatedly sent up against people 30-40 levels higher than me, and (except when the other person was a complete moron) I always lost. Do you know why? Because I could barely scratch them, even when they were in the middle, and they were hitting me for about 1/5 to 1/4 of my HP every time.

P1nky
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
way better than BH!

Brain
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree with pinky, this game is actually kinda fun...I think that mages and rangers have a big advantage, well I know magers do, not too sure about range

senrath
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree with pinky, this game is actually kinda fun...I think that mages and rangers have a big advantage, well I know magers do, not too sure about range

Ranged attacks are definitely more effective than melee, because they're harder to run from. That said, I'm planning on making a mage now, so I can dominate this place.

stupedspam
04-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I have been playing this for awhile now and its getting kind of lame. It might be because you only get a max of 9 tokens per battle. I tried to start a clan to just forfeit, because the winner still get 8-9 tokens. It was a good idea but it is too hard, or take too much time to get anywhere. Its fun if you not playing on a laptop like I am, but hey it was cool in the beginning.

~Stupedspam

richk1693
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
He's just mad because he keeps getting outsmarted. All 4 teleporters are next to each other so if you stand in the middle you can see where he comes out from.

Edit: haha i'm level 90 and just beat a level 116
You're wrong on two levels. First of all I'm not mad, runescape isn't worth my effort to have emotions about, and second of all you can not see where they come from if you stand in the center. I've tried it several times and it doesn't work. Please get your facts straight before you try and tell me how I feel and correct me.

And whoever said a level three can win against a level 130 they are right but it's next to impossible. Unless the 130 decided they'd take a nap and not equip the stone it's not gunna happen. They would have 99 hp so the level 3 would take a LONG time to kill them. ANd a level 130 could easily hit for 10 to 1 hit the level 3 making it next to impossible for a level three to win fairly.

ANNNNNNND whoever said you can only get 9 coins that's not true. You can get more off two things. One is your total level, and the other is your charge.

tarajunky
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm F2P with 77 mage, but I don't think I'm able to cast members spells, even though they're lit up. :(

I'm guessing that to do mage, you absolutely need a staff, since the only way to stay locked on your target is to autocast.

Bobarkinator
04-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm F2P with 77 mage, but I don't think I'm able to cast members spells, even though they're lit up. :(

I'm guessing that to do mage, you absolutely need a staff, since the only way to stay locked on your target is to autocast.

Ya pretty much ;) It makes it tons easier if you have a staff. You could do it without a staff but your opponent could just run around.

radioactive_werewolf
04-11-2008, 02:28 AM
This minigame is awesome. So far I've gotten up to 14 tokens for a win and that's with a total level of about 660. I agree with Brain and Senrath in that mage/range is the way to go most of the time. Just depends on how your opponent is playing. Best bet is to be able to switch between mage, range, and melee at a moment's notice. Also if your opponent isn't that bright be sure to add him to your friends list at the beginning of the round and make sure that you have your private chat turned off. You'll be surprised how many times they'll leave their private chat on so you can track them super easy on the minimap using the friends list.

Also has anyone been able to survive the entire time yet? I've come ridiculously close but didn't quite make it.

lakerzz8
04-11-2008, 03:55 AM
You're wrong on two levels. First of all I'm not mad, runescape isn't worth my effort to have emotions about, and second of all you can not see where they come from if you stand in the center. I've tried it several times and it doesn't work. Please get your facts straight before you try and tell me how I feel and correct me.

And whoever said a level three can win against a level 130 they are right but it's next to impossible. Unless the 130 decided they'd take a nap and not equip the stone it's not gunna happen. They would have 99 hp so the level 3 would take a LONG time to kill them. ANd a level 130 could easily hit for 10 to 1 hit the level 3 making it next to impossible for a level three to win fairly.

ANNNNNNND whoever said you can only get 9 coins that's not true. You can get more off two things. One is your total level, and the other is your charge.

Calm down, I was just joshin'. I used to be able to see where they came out from but right now I can't. So maybe they were coming out towards the inside and thats why I could see them. Either way, you're right about the 130 vs 3. Because although defense might not matter much, your max hit and hp do have an effect on the game.

Rich
04-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I just run up to my target, poison them with DDS, then cast wind wave on them. That's a good strategy and works well for me. I killed a level 110 in about 1 minute.

As for it's basics, well here's what I posted on the official RS forums:

1) The rewards aren't tradeable unless you degrade them.

2) The rewards (like battle robe) when degraded costs twice as much as Ahrims.

3) I'm level 80, and I nearly always get level 100+ players that use ancients on me, how am I supposed to get charge?!

4) 250 people is too many! I can rarely find my target in a crowd of 100 people.

5) The arena is too big. When I do get a player I can beat, all they do is run around like a headless chicken, and then teleport!

All I do it for is to get the RC gloves.

kor
04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
i think this mini game is really funny :P my lvl 65 ddser (with 77 str, lvl 78 by tomorrow using hy's FCer ^^) is owning really high lvls, i even won to a lvl 124 ;P

i use my range pure too (72 ranged, 60 hp, 1 pray, 50 combat) and i can kill quite high lvled people (best so far is like 98) and im only using steel arrows ^^'

i sure think they should change the amount of tokens you get though, but if they did everyone would have the special rewards ^^

legoluke182
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
tanks own in this game.

(94 range, 84 hp, 45 def.) i never lose. :)

canu44
04-14-2008, 05:59 AM
FYI
I fetch 1.9k per token used to buy battle bottom which fetched around 1.9mil
best way to get tokens is n f2p worlds 100% wins and Level matters, as if you have 99 attack 99 str you can easily pwn other people faster than they can pwn you and also if you have high hp level you last a little longer and prayer helps a lot.
i have 8k+ rank atm, bad thing jagex has found out about a thing where if a person forfeits than you only lose 8 rating while the other person wins 21 rating which my clan had been doing from beginning till friday

kevinlow
04-16-2008, 12:03 AM
they should allow you to request who u would like to fight with. but i can see why they dont, ppl would probably multi-log in and be afk and let the main kill.