PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy & for PS#

StrikerX
04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
dis be the link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

PLease PLease if anyone can confirm this please post link i wasn't going to buy a ps3 but with this coming out i Defiantly will

mixster
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes it's true - FF7 was only going to be remade when it was no longer compatible with the latest PS, and as the PS3 has non-togglable analog and the old FF7 can't use it, so as promised it has been remade, though it will be pretty much the same storyline with only better graphics and gameplay and hopefully more gore and chocobos.

StrikerX
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
hehe gotta love dem chocobos thanks.

Infidel00
04-14-2008, 12:13 AM
That's pretty neat, but damn, they need to quit milking FF7...they should remake FF6 :D There's the best FF in the series.

mixster
04-14-2008, 12:39 AM
I actually feel they haven't been milking FF7 enough. It was the biggest hit for them and really made FF the name it is today. I mean, despite the crappy graphics and controls, people still insist that it's the best FF so far and that it really was the high point of FF - with that all Square have done is release a FPS orientated game following one of the less important playable characters and a movie. I know it may sound like a lot, but this is a game worshiped amongst nearly all RPG players over the age of 14 (I say 14 as it came out quite a while ago, and most players under the age of 14 won't have had played it when it was released) and they could've done so much more - I mean they released the worst FF ever as a sequel to the FF that has been hailed as the let down of all FF's (X & X-2). I suppose it could be that they didn't want to ruin the image of the game, but I'm surprised it took them the PS3 to remake the game while technology has been evolving and demand for another good FF game has become huge. The only disappointment now will be for the millions of FF7 fans that can't afford a PS3, but I guess they can always buy the game and wait until the prices come down - I for one will wait until I can buy a PS3 without having to get loans from friends that will take over a year to pay back.

kevinlow
04-15-2008, 04:00 AM
mgs4! and vegas2

StrikerX
04-15-2008, 06:19 AM
I mean they released the worst FF ever as a sequel to the FF that has been hailed as the let down of all FF's (X & X-2).

but there making a movie for x/x-2

aznpimpsturr
04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
No, they should be making more remakes of FF7. :D

Sgt Soul
05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
yeah true FF7 was the biggest jump really for Final Fantasy and i loved it, but i also loved FF8 and FFX they were great games and blitzball is awesome

mixster
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
FF9 was my personal favourite. It brought the PlayStation into a whole new light with great cut scenes and my favourite story line so far. The more modern Final Fantasies have relied much more on graphics than the older one's did which I feel has removed the importance of the storyline. I've played FF V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII (FF XI is the MMORPG and I haven't stretched to that mainly because I like having my small monthly income) and the PS2 games really are just a series of cut scenes showing the story and just running around the rest of the time. FF X did have the great edge of Blitzball, but that would actually make a great game by itself as a sports game, though FF is a RPG so I don't count it. FF XII did also introduce the whole dynamic twist with monsters being spawned real time rather than random encounters and also the chance to play it less using an earned macro system, but I felt that they strayed from FF tradition. Not to mention that it really was just a series of cut scenes and very shallow player development.
[/rant]

Finta1
06-01-2008, 08:22 PM
7 is my all time favourite,
i am sonewhat a NERD when it comes to 7.
i have even been to cosplay as cloud as i have the SAME hair.
well.
ive held it in long enough,
ZOMFGS IMA CAINT BELIEF IT ZOMGS MEINA WISH HAF COME TROO!!!!!!!

best still have the w-item bug
hehehehe

and rename like ice2 and ice 3 and stuff to the standard blizard, blizara blizaga and what not