PDA

View Full Version : For or Against iBot? Neither?

vinny13
04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a fairly popular question, but what do you prefer? I know this is probably kinda stupid to post this on a SCAR forum but oh well :P

Some things I notice are, SCAR is faster(in comparison to Lite, never tried PRO) and seems to have better support and a much better community, but iBot has much better anti-random solving and is apparently less visible...

What's your say?

Torrent of Flame
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I like SCAR, but I have nothing against iBot istelf, just the idiot noob leechers who use it.

PvH
04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
i never get ibot working:(
i readed some tuts, nothing works
if you can help me.. i'll give my opinion :p
for now.. i prefer scar..
works awsome and i can script a bit at my own too;)

Wizzup?
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
but iBot has much better anti-random solving and is apparently less visible...

Since when does iBot have better anti-random solving?

Harry
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Since when does iBot have better anti-random solving?

Agreed :p This guy on MSN keeps on saying "OMG YOU STILL WITH SCAR?? dude use nexus seriously" Apparentally they want better antirandoms ;)

PvH
04-14-2008, 04:06 PM
i think they solve it the same way as srl does.. not sure tough
i think they cant solve randoms better/more.
but i never get scripts good working in ibot :(
i followed all tuts, didn't work for me
srl is awsome and has a cool,friendly community:D
i prefer scar+srl;)

Yakman
04-14-2008, 04:17 PM
ibot/nexus is a leecher community, they don't encourage learning like we do here, people there come dumb, and stay dumb, no-one except very very few try to learn the language ibot is oriented around (java)

in scar/srl, theres loads of learning, theres even a few people learning delphi to write plugins for scar. <3 sky scripter

also ibot/nexus is closed source => big fail,
communities like this have to be open

a side-effect is that when people learn things more, they leave the community, but in scar/srl, people stay, like we have a some knowledgeable in php and stuff like that

as for actual autoing, i don't know, since i haven't autoed with either for ages
but i do know communities are chains, which are only as strong as their weakest link, if you have a bad community, autoing will probably be bad too

vinny13
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Well about the antirandom thing, I was teleported to the pinball thing where you have to pick the right post and get 10 points to leave... Went through it no problem. Can Scar solve that one? That's the only time I got it...

Nexus community is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I know that one... I tried it a few years back, didn't work... Asked for help and the people were like STFU Noob... Soo I PMd everyone with a big F U and never went back on until today. Now I tried to install it, and it just worked :P

Another thing I dislike about iBot is the "Pro" version. You know how many more scripts and support there would be if it was all free like Scar? Totally retarded.

But oh well, what are you gonna do?

On the plus side, I like iBot because it works on Windows, MAC OS X and Linux. It also isn't a "colour clicker" like Scar is?

R0b0t1
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
But oh well, what are you gonna do?

Call ghost busters!

But anyway, this is why SCAR is now (not saying it never was, but now its even more in SCAR's favor) a better bot.

1). With out RWT, I-bot looses a huge part of its plus: account spamming.
2). I-bot is sucky with single accounts,
3). is slow (personal exp.),
5). and you have no f***ing clue how it works. (like most people care).

Smartzkid
04-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Well about the antirandom thing, I was teleported to the pinball thing where you have to pick the right post and get 10 points to leave... Went through it no problem. Can Scar solve that one?

Yup.

vinny13
04-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Yup.

Lol, I guess they're both fairly equal in that area then :P

Sp0rky
04-21-2008, 04:20 AM
also ibot/nexus is closed source => big fail,
communities like this have to be open

Show me the scar source then.

HyperSecret
04-21-2008, 05:28 AM
i dont like it as much, b/c if the player gets stuck in a random then its done for, i like that scar can have multiple players (as many as you want) going on one script and running round the clock...

the only thing i use iBot for is running players thru tut island ;)

Santa_Clause
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Show me the scar source then.

He means SRL is open source.

GoF
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
iBot community is stupid. Pure stupid, and I hate it. Right after I released a script I got a ban for "spamming" although I had posted approx 7 posts, all 100% no spam. Then suddenly not banned, and then released a script and bam, after 2 days a ban again for no reason.

Also the scripting is piss easy, I didn't know any java and it took 1 tutorial + few scripts reading and 2 days to understand it well, or atleast I think I made equivalent scripts as many "reputable" members there, mainly didn't get to release them due to loads of bans and loss of interest. Not to mention that atleast the last time I visited the word "failsafe" seemed to be unknown in the scripts, just findcolor stuff, clicking, tilewalking...

Also the community in general isn't too helpful and there's too many dumb people and leechers there.. And a black market hence there's scammers.

@vinny13, as far as I know it is a color clicker..

Also I have an image some randoms are based off SRL's ones? I could be wrong but I have a feeling I read somewhere that the way some are solved are somewhat based off SRL..

Aaand about iBot.. It's way slower and kind of laggy too compared to SCAR. And watching it work just makes it look dumb. And when I say dumb I mean it just acts dumb so I think SCAR scripts are more efficient, or well, iBot can use multiple accounts, but like there's a point in that now?

I also think it's more detectable. Atleast buckley lost about 5-10 +70 mining accs with it in a week or something?

And if I must say some advantage to it, I'd say that the scripting is piss easy, so if you don't want to bother learning more than reading 1 tut or the 1st chapter from a "java for dummies" book, it's good.

But in theory iBot is nice, but what it needs is less greedy admins thus making the possibility of it being open-source more possible and a better community.

Gabe
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I personally prefer SCAR but have no problem with Ibot.