PDA

View Full Version : 15 April 2008 - Grand Exchange Database

Lee Lok Hin
04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Many of you asked for the ability to view graphs of market values and track item prices as they rise and fall. Well, this week we introduce the Grand Exchange Database Beta (http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/frontpage.ws), which does exactly that!
Skilled merchants will find the Grand Exchange Database to be an invaluable tool, enabling you to keep an eye on prices as they rise or fall. Get in quick if you wish to buy low and sell high!
If you prefer crushing creatures to trading on the Exchange, why not use the Database to find out the market value of a weapon you want or the value of a drop you have just received?
The Grand Exchange is currently at a 'Beta' stage. This is so that we can listen to the feedback of everyone who uses it and make any necessary changes.
If you have any feedback, please visit the 'GE Database Feedback' thread in the Website Feedback RuneScape Forum.
Well, this is good news for merchanters I suppose, but personally, I think jagex should have thought ahead and put this out with the GE

ShowerThoughts
04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL i thought you made a database :p

Torrent of Flame
04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
:p

Its kinda a pointless update. Yno.. bringing back the wildy or something would be better HINT HINT F*CKING Jaghex

Wizzup?
04-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice! We might be able to parse this database and store it in our own database. ;)
Would that be worth making?

EDIT: Try messing with their GET['page'], it will give you a 500 - Internal Server Error if you fill a page that doesn't exist. ;)

Torrent of Flame
04-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, probably, cause then we autoers could see the things that really make the money :D

Waddo
04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
----\......................../
.......\...................../
.........\---\...__../--/
................\/...\/.^...
buy here......|

wait for it to rise at least twice b4 buying

mixster
04-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Nice! We might be able to parse this database and store it in our own database. ;)
Would that be worth making?

EDIT: Try messing with their GET['page'], it will give you a 500 - Internal Server Error if you fill a page that doesn't exist. ;)

I've always had fun playing with stuff, so I'll see what I can do, though it will end up being very slow with their huge amount of items if you were to do it via collecting data from the actual page and storing it via that, but it would still allow better analysis than they offer.

Edit: I've now got a little procedure that can get all the ItemID's, now it just needs to collect all the info we want from the items page itself :)

kevinlow
04-16-2008, 12:00 AM
how do u access the thing to see the graphs, (where)

Laur€ns
05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
At the bottom of the page you can see a chart. Good luck!