PDA

View Full Version : Jagex taking ban to the next step?

Main
04-19-2008, 02:16 AM
If any one has checked appeal an ban and offense, they should notice something like the following.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2270/apealll9.png
I know this is mainly for Funorb and Runescape, but would it be possible if some people who are revealing their in game identity on Rwt/Macro..etc Sites, and if the stuff they've revealed has enough proof to get them banned off jagex? cause jagex probably have spies on a lot of those kinds of web site (how do you think they caught couple thousand account trading *not from ebay, cause ebay disallowed selling accounts and will close the auction and ban the ebay account*)?

If they are, every one should be more careful about posting screenies on srl or sythe and other rs cheating/macroing sites!

If you need tips on how to protect your in game identity from screenies and posts, read #14 on my guide about how to prevent ban from autoing thread! (look at my sig)

Runescapian321
04-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Hmm, you might be right. I just got a ban for testing a script (while making it) for about an hour or two. But they didn't have evidence... I had SRL open on another tab/window the whole time though.

OMG! I just realized I posted it's name on the SRL Irc chat (on a screenshot).

Main
04-19-2008, 02:30 AM
You should have known better..

Brain
04-19-2008, 02:31 AM
I highly doubt it....they can't look at sites and ban you because a rs name was mentioned on it.....
That would be crazy, I mean, I could say the my main is "T3hH4><" and they can't do crap...because maybe it isn't my account...I'm pretty sure that it just means which site of theirs you were reported on/infractionized on. Either RS, or Funorb, since they own Funorb

Runescapian321
04-19-2008, 02:32 AM
You should have known better..

I thought I could trust the people that were in the chat :p

And it says Site: Runescape on the offence... Might not have been the screenshot. But would they really go and say 'Srl-Forums'? Lol

Main
04-19-2008, 02:42 AM
I said maybe.... you know?... just in case...

Boreas
04-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Don't overthink it, maybe it's prep for mechscape.

King of the Nites
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Don't overthink it, maybe it's prep for mechscape.
Mechscape???

I had an offence a while ago and the site commited said jagex??? I just got one recently that said runescape though. I really don't think this is anything to worry about.

lakerzz8
04-19-2008, 06:53 PM
It is for distinguishing between funorb and runescape since you can use the same account on both sites.

splbooth
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, my account is banned (temp) on runescape, and I cant play on any game on funorb... I guess its just *extra* punishment.

Maybe it works the other way around... If your abusive on funorb, you get kicked from runescape? Slightly unfair...

vikrant60
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Jagex is cracking down on your ip and watching it? Because everytime i macro i change my ip, Jagex won't beable to trace your ip then.

Main
04-20-2008, 04:29 AM
ok people.. i already said it on my first post.

I know normally its for funorb and rs, but what if?...

Markus
04-20-2008, 11:25 AM
1. it's for FunOrb/Runescape, 100% sure
2. This is what I say about those "be careful pl0x" messages: my main is called "markiemannie", posted that a few times and no banz for me.

StrikerX
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Hmm, you might be right. I just got a ban for testing a script (while making it) for about an hour or two. But they didn't have evidence... I had SRL open on another tab/window the whole time though.

OMG! I just realized I posted it's name on the SRL Irc chat (on a screenshot).

i think its Bs that they can ban you without any evidence

Laur€ns
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
1. Who/What's a/the pl0x? :confused:
2. If I change my IP, my connection get lost
3. If they really watch your PC, go to the police :D it's illegal -_^

Sgt Soul
05-28-2008, 04:03 AM
2. This is what I say about those "be careful pl0x" messages: my main is called "markiemannie", posted that a few times and no banz for me.

Runescape really is going to the next level though, i am 100% sure that they have people under cover on every web like this and sythe etc. so Markus you should be careful when you say your username hehehe.

ShadowSeeker
05-30-2008, 06:52 AM

You aint in highscores, Does that mean u just got owned? >.<

isjusme
05-30-2008, 07:08 PM
1. Who/What's a/the pl0x? :confused:
2. If I change my IP, my connection get lost
3. If they really watch your PC, go to the police :D it's illegal -_^

pl0x = please (i think lol)

benjaa
05-31-2008, 05:27 AM
ive got an idea, everyone get a screenshot and edit it to say Zezima.... post it everywhere, see if it gets banned

Markus
05-31-2008, 08:45 AM
You aint in highscores, Does that mean u just got owned? >.<
Got pwnd two weeks ago :D

n3ss3s
05-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Erm, always, as long as I've been around, and must've been a lot before that, everyone has blackened out their RS name from pics, and in account sales they partly black out "skilling skills" for that exact reason, because most likely Jagex has a program that they can input the skill levels and it returns the matches...

bink830
06-02-2008, 03:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised.
And though there are many, many accounts registered. There will probably be only like a max of 5-10 with the exact skill set (at least in p2p) until you get to the straight 99 kids, and they don't usually auto anyways.