The Fists of Guthix

Contents

1: Introduction

2: Getting Started

3: The Hunter

4: The Hunted

5: Tokens

Introduction

You may or may not have heard of the fists of guthix, its a PvP minigame in which you have to get a certain ammount of charges by holding a stone, only problem is, you are being hunted by an opponent.

There are 2 rounds of the game, one while you are being hunted and getting charges, and one where you are hunting your opponent to stop them getting charges.

The cave is located in close wildy, just north of varrock.

In this game you do not lose your items if you die:).

Getting Started

Before you start playing you have to talk to Lady Fairi (big bug thing) who will tell you about the the caves and everything. Then to start a game you have to enter the waiting room, where you wait until you get enough players to match you up with someone else. Note: The matchmaking system is rubbish, you often get matched with people 50+ lvls away from your lvl.

Once you are in the game you will be given 1000 elemental runes, and 300 calytic runes (deaths, minds, nats etc.). You will also be given 5 bandages to heal yourself, and a tele orb to tele you to the middle of the arena.

The Hunter

When you are the hunter, you have to find your opponent and kill them before they get many charges in there stone. You will be able to find your opponent by seeing a yellow arrow on your minimap and on the main screen.

If your opponent wants to hide from you, they can go into one of the fours rooms that are towards the center of the arena, while you are in there you opponent cannot see you at all. There are also portals in these houses, which teleport you to the other rooms. But beware, these portals take up 20 of your charges.

While you are hunting, you will have a little thing in the corner that looks like this:

http://i29.tinypic.com/zl4tnm.jpg

This screen will tell you your number of charges, and who you are hunting.

The Hunted

When you are being hunted you must first pick up a stone form the stone dispenser near to where you start, then to gain charges you need to weild the stone. The quickest way to gain charges is to go straight into the middle as you gain them quickest here, but this way makes it easier for your opponent to find you. Whilst on the outside, where its harder for them to find you, you only get 3 about ever 3 seconds.

If you need to hide from your opponent, you can go into one of the fours rooms that are towards the center of the arena, while you are in there you opponent cannot see you at all. Note: You get dealt damage while you are in these rooms. There are also portals in these houses, which teleport you to the other rooms. But beware, these portals take up 20 of your charges and sometimes they teleport you outside of a room.

The maximum number of charges you can get is 5000 (I did it!).

Tokens

You get tokens from winning games, the more charges you win by, the more tokens you get. With these tokens you can buy rewards from the shop, which include metal gauntlets, herblore gloves, runecrafting gloves, new armour sets, and dragonhide hoods.

Richard
04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Wtf, 39 views and no replies, if you are going to read this at least have the decency to reply...

If I see you on this thread and you don't reply, I will make you wish you did...

tarajunky
04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
You should add that FOG is an excellent and easy way to level your magic for free.

Just put on full iron (or mith/rune/whatever) with an air staff, and you can mage people constantly without killing them. They get 5000 charge, so they're happy. And you don't lose any tokens, so you're no worse off.

noscope360
04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey the reason most people don't reply is because you know this if you read the rules in the game but it is nice if you didn't read it,Yea the lvls is screwed up I'm a lvl 48 combat legit acc no autoing and I got paired with a lvl 115 haha I need to work on my combat but I'm trying to get my guy to make full rune.thanks though

Richard
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the lvls are messed up. And Tara, great idea with the mage, and about with FOG maging, I should add that its very hard to see people with it. And if the person is a higher lvl, then you can't actually see them at all on high populated worlds because of all the people. Imagine if they didn't have a limit to the number of people in there at once...

smithsps
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
I thought FOG was F2P too...
Am I wrong?

I'm using this to train magic.

Richard
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Yep, its F2P, Jagex need there mems back. And did I mention that you get runes when you enter.

smithsps
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
, its a PvP minigame

You might need to change that ;)

Richard
04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
That means player versus player, no pay to play.

smithsps
04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
LOL Sorry

Is there any tricks to get matched with a lower leveled player.

OmgThatOne
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I feel best way to win if you can is to ancient.
Ancient (ice spell ovc) to stop them running then dds spec / bow spec or just keep maging with ancient staff wielded

Richard
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I would so that but I find I win more playing F2P, lower lvls. But when I go P2P I use ancients, but I only can use the lvl 82 one, training to get 94 though, just costs so much

EDIT: Wizzup? Read the second post :stirthepot:

Wizzup?
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
EDIT: Wizzup? Read the second post :stirthepot:

What would you like me to say?
I play runescape rarely these days, and I never play minigames...

Good job... ;)

Richard
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I was just joking, being my usual evil self :) You didn't have to post really, just I had to stick to my words...

But thanks for saying good job.

drizzt
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
nice, i guess it's time for me to go check it out then isn't it?

OmgThatOne
04-24-2008, 07:22 AM
it's a shame that the battle robe price has dropped so much.. from it being like over 5mill but now it's like 1mill.. Also the prices for the other items have dropped looads :(
I might try it in f2p soon just to see how it goes :)

Richard
04-25-2008, 05:52 PM
nice, i guess it's time for me to go check it out then isn't it?

Yes, do it now!

it's a shame that the battle robe price has dropped so much.. from it being like over 5mill but now it's like 1mill.. Also the prices for the other items have dropped looads :(
I might try it in f2p soon just to see how it goes :)

F2P is best for FOG, everyone is noobs there, if you go mems, everyone is like lvl 120+ and you get your ass kicked.

yomama`
04-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Whats the most worthwhile thing to spend tokens on to maximize profit? I've just been buying rune gaunts every 200 tokens.

Richard
04-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Well, I was buyin rune zerker shields, but now the price has gone down. If you were mem I think battle robes are quite good.

concer
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
westlife and Backstreet Boys Who better, I think they are good in the late nineties, but I prefer the westlife

NexPB
12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice guide, haven't played this for a long time might wanne play this again once in a while.