PDA

View Full Version : A little help Plz!

drowningtrout
10-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Ok I need a little help with something, I normally can figure stuff out with trail and error :duh: but I'm completely lost here.

I'm trying to make a simple script so I can experiment with forms I figured out how to do alot of the form things, but I don't know how to get the form to run a procedure required for the item selected in the combobox.

Example: Auto rune buyer
If in the combobox Air rune was selected, How do i get it to run the right procedure for buying Air runes??
Any help is greatly appreciated! :spot:

I Pick Axes
10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
You could make your form with a dropdown that holds a list of values. (The exact details of which you will need someone else's help with.) Let's say that's in your variable. When you get to the part where you wanna execute different things, do a case-switch statement on your variable. And depending on which was picked, you can choose to call different procedures.

drowningtrout
10-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I can do that with writeln messages but when I try to have it call upon another procedure it always messes up.

I Pick Axes
10-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Then why not have one procedure, but a case-switch inside the procedure that determines what you do?

drowningtrout
10-14-2006, 06:46 PM
:duh: Doh! thats that little click in my brain that I needed thanks I think Iv got it know :spot:

Thank You very much, I just love these forums and the srl members everyone is so helpful, sometimes little things that you guys say help ppl like me out alot!