PDA

View Full Version : Fight Caver Members Only?

Harry
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I have been pondering - should I move it to members only? Or keep it where it is? Make it a pay script? Make it into Free for All?

Please vote :)

Edit: Admin, add a poll pl0x? I dunno how to add one, it won't let me -,-

Cazax
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
No, free for all noo, if you are getting a lot of proggies, advice, etc, then you should keep it at jr members. If you arent, then move it to members :)

Timer
05-01-2008, 09:00 PM
M
E
M
B
E
R
S

O
N
L
Y.

SRL-Junior Member Will Win, Unless You Take SRL Member+ Only For Vote.

NiCbaZ
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
i think members its getting to leeched here in non members and all the noobs who only come here to use your scripts are annoying i think you should move it to members ( even tho i like to use every noun again) :)

skilld u
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
if you like being number one in the stats then keep it in jr. membs. :p

EvilChicken!
05-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I definetly think you should move it to SRL-members.
If you do that, I'll release my G.A.R. in members too.

By the way, I sent you a PM about this..

kor
05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
i'd say keep it jr members. why would it be better to move it to members? if you want to be nr1 the keep it as it is. otherwise dont. alot of people will get dissapointed if you move it, including me. if you'd move it to members then you wouldnt get as many helpful posts, but still less spam posts.

please keep it as it is.

Brain
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I would like to vote for members only

you should add a poll to the thread, to make voting more....voting-like

EvilChicken!
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow, even non-SRL members want you to move it.
Brain has allways been smart in my eyes.

Naike
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Well look at this xD

When i demote myself everybody gets all lets go SRL members only xD J/K !

I think you should move it to SRL members only.. Let the other scripts catch up :o

lakerzz8
05-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Make it a pay script and completely remove it from anyone since everyone is abusing it and then blaming you for their bans.

kor
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
if you made it a pay script i'd pay. but i couldnt. i dont have a paypal account and im from sweden. -.-

thebob142
05-02-2008, 03:10 AM
if its pay script id definately pay over summer i know i'm gonna gets tons of cash in my wallet plus my birthday so bye end of summer anywhere form $200-400 bucks if i save but i most likely will but i guess moving it to members only because so many people leech would be better.:f:

bullzeye95
05-02-2008, 03:16 AM
If you made it a pay script, a LOT would have to be updated, changed, and added. It would have to be much more like a human, and by that, I mean less bans. You know that people would be p/o'd if they bought a script, and then got banned. I'd say probably move it to members, but both members and junior members have their pros and cons.

codx1
05-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Just move it to members if you want doesn't bother me, since it's a very simple script to make , someone can take your spot and make a new 1 for jr. members :)

but I vote keep it where it is.

red eyes 20
05-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Honestly if i were to make any script - which i may some day.
i'd post it in Jr member, free for all, on my site, and give free reproducability rights. but hey, that's my opinion.

Bonfield
05-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Just move it to members if you want doesn't bother me, since it's a very simple script to make , someone can take your spot and make a new 1 for jr. members :)

but I vote keep it where it is.

lol if its such an easy script to make eg powerminers and autotalkers
why arent there so many more out there that use the fight cave

have u tried to create a complex script? there is so much u have to account for with antiban, humanlike procedures and all the testing involved before release

imo it doesnt matter what happens with his script but people need to recognize all the work that has gone into this script, then people abuse it and blame Hy71194 for the ban

Naum
05-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Leave it where it is I think, becuase in members you dont get that much feedback or proggies.

kor
05-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Leave it where it is I think, becuase in members you dont get that much feedback or proggies.
i agreed with you about that feedback and proggies thing. is there alot of members using this script? cause i've not seen very many in hy's thread (not that i've searched through it or anything) :P

Infidel00
05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Well...in JR, we all seem to abuse it, and complain about bans from being idiots with the script.

If you move it to members, I must say I will miss it, but understand.

HayHay89
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Well...in JR, we all seem to abuse it, and complain about bans from being idiots with the script.

If you move it to members, I must say I will miss it, but understand.

Well there are tons of people who do abuse it

Members would be good but u could make a mem version which is way better and stuff

thats my 2 cents

-hayhay89

NiCbaZ
05-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Well there are tons of people who do abuse it

Members would be good but u could make a mem version which is way better and stuff

thats my 2 cents

-hayhay89

thats my 2 cents

you mean 1 cent rofl,

j/k

yes move it to members def it will (i think) make alot more people want to script not just sit there and dwl scripts and leech

gerauchert
05-02-2008, 10:41 AM
hmm this is how i see it:

Junior Members:

More feed back
More proggies
SRL stats rank
Gets leeched
Gets abused
ppl blame hy for bans due to abuse

SRL Members:

Less feed back, but probably better posts/help
Very few proggies
No SRL stats rank ... or atleast decreased rank :p
No leeching
No Abuse
Nobody blaming you for bans
Gives ppl a good script to earn upon membership

You have to look at some questions though... What is really being abused? It is a fight script so it is not really affecting market value. Do you care about ppl complaining (u have dealt with it before)? Does the SRL stats rank mean that much to you? Are you able to run updates and tweaks without the feedback of junior members? These are for you to figure out and make your decision.

In my opinion it should be members only due to the pure quality of the script, but in the end you must decide. ;)

Infidel00
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
No matter what, I must say I would definitely miss it if it were moved to members :( But I would understand.

And I believe someone asked, 'How it was being abused'. There are countless people running it for 10+ hours and then receiving 10 day bans and what not. That's the abuse I see for it so far, also maybe using it and not posting progress reports.

Harry
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
If you made it a pay script, a LOT would have to be updated, changed, and added. It would have to be much more like a human, and by that, I mean less bans. You know that people would be p/o'd if they bought a script, and then got banned. I'd say probably move it to members, but both members and junior members have their pros and cons.

Ever run it? ;) It is actually much like a human at the moment, just users abuse it = ban. I have actually never gotten a ban after running 8 hours a day for 3 months...

I am leaning twords SRL Members only. ;) Only a few Jr Members will have access under my choice, like the 1 person who bothered to donate to me (X Gilli X). Only Con I see with SRL Members is some users may wish to leek it to non-SRL Members.

Just another thing I wanted to mention... I have had a "Please donate a Members pin to me" in my siggy for about 3 weeks now. Only 1 person offered me one, and only 2 people offered me to use their members account (and one fool said "Do something for me and I'll give you one...", as if the 99 levels he got off it were not enough reward for him... :rolleyes) , out of all the users who use my script. I find that a bit sad, but that's not the only reason... :)

Richard
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I think it is meant to be in members, but only problem is that people can update if they already have it downloaded. So make it uber 1337 and non-updatable now.

We need to make more things members, not enough people are actually learning to script, they are just leeching nowadays.

gillian
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Leave it where it is, hun :) as already stated you won't get the amount of feedback that you get now. IMO it's not really about the #1 status, but about your ability to continue to refine it .. and right now you are getting the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak, by leaving it for Junior Members to use. You are getting lots of constructive criticism and praise to keep you moving right along with it.

As for the leeching .. come on, let's face it - Member's scripts are leeched, too. Someone is always going to share something they shouldn't.

Richard
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Leave it where it is, hun :) as already stated you won't get the amount of feedback that you get now. IMO it's not really about the #1 status, but about your ability to continue to refine it .. and right now you are getting the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak, by leaving it for Junior Members to use. You are getting lots of constructive criticism and praise to keep you moving right along with it.

As for the leeching .. come on, let's face it - Member's scripts are leeched, too. Someone is always going to share something they shouldn't.

Just because you aren't a member :p

And no-one leeches members scripts, name one that has been leeched.

gillian
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Just because you aren't a member :p

And no-one leeches members scripts, name one that has been leeched.

m'dear .. I don't even use Hy's script :) so I could be assed whether he leaves it there or not. From a purely common sense stance .. it makes sense to keep it there if he wants to continue getting the kind of feedback he is getting. Maybe the question that should be asked is what is the ratio to Members vs Junior Members who are using the script? Based on those percentages, Hy can see where he is likely to get the best feedback.

As for the leeching .. technically one Member passing just one script to their friend who is a non-Member is leeching a script, yes? It would be unrealistic (and completely outside of human nature, especially for kids - no offense intended) to believe that some Members don't share with their non-Member friends. That's all I have to say about that :)

NiCbaZ
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Ever run it? ;) It is actually much like a human at the moment, just users abuse it = ban. I have actually never gotten a ban after running 8 hours a day for 3 months...

I am leaning twords SRL Members only. ;) Only a few Jr Members will have access under my choice, like the 1 person who bothered to donate to me (X Gilli X). Only Con I see with SRL Members is some users may wish to leek it to non-SRL Members.

Just another thing I wanted to mention... I have had a "Please donate a Members pin to me" in my siggy for about 3 weeks now. Only 1 person offered me one, and only 2 people offered me to use their members account (and one fool said "Do something for me and I'll give you one...", as if the 99 levels he got off it were not enough reward for him... :rolleyes) , out of all the users who use my script. I find that a bit sad, but that's not the only reason... :)

hy i live in Australia if there is a way for me to get you a pin pm il be happy to its only $ 10 or something right?

and yes i think you should move it to members to make all the leeches cry :)

EDIT: haha you got told by

gillian

Richard
05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
You saying I "go told" by gillian, because really not true. If he didn't use the script, then why is he caring if its still here. And passing a script onto a friend is only counted as leeching if they abuse it, meaning use it too much.

Nicbaz, you phail, think a person from the green world beat me...

NiCbaZ
05-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Gil is a girl look at the girly army thread

and yes i phail badly

Richard
05-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm sorry that I don't keep track of the genders of everyone on SRL. And, no, I cba to change all the "he's" into "she's".

NiCbaZ
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
ok :p thats cool you owned me :(

EDIT: back on topic??/

Richard
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
No, lets ruin the goodbye thread to Hy's Fight Cave runner for non-members and keep it offtopic :D

gillian
05-02-2008, 10:03 PM
You saying I "go told" by gillian, because really not true. If he didn't use the script, then why is he caring if its still here. And passing a script onto a friend is only counted as leeching if they abuse it, meaning use it too much.

Nicbaz, you phail, think a person from the green world beat me...

O good grief .. Hy posted this here for opinions. Hy is one of the few people from SRL who I actually chat with on MSN, etc - of course I would answer it. I don't think that I have to be a user of the script to give him my opinion else he would have specified users-only.

As for your "green world" comment .. uncalled for and really has no place here. We all start at the bottom and comments like that do nothing but discourage non-Members like me from wanting to work hard to learn how to script just to join a group that includes people who makes douchebag comments like that.

Hy, sorry to take your thread off topic .. I'm sure you will make a good decision either way :)

gerauchert
05-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I posted my opinion and I have yet to use this script as well.

I say that it should be members for the sole encouragement for people to learn to script to have access to better scripts. We have very few perks of becoming a member nowadays...

King of the Nites
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Just move it to members. I think that you are getting blamed for people abousing your script. I see people say OMFG Hyzz g()t me Accoutorzz banzzerd. Just move it to members, more people will then try to script. You got my vote for members only.

XxXx Toxin XxXx
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Okay, personally, I have never used your auto fighter, but I'd just like to say a few things.

The idea of scripts being separated between SRL Jr. Members and SRL Members has been kind of obscure for the last little while, because I simply don't understand what the difference could be...(not that I'm complaining...) Anyway, thats not the case here. Personally, if you feel that it is such a big deal of leechers and such, move it to Members. I've looked over your thread and all I see are progress reports, and people spamming saying their accounts are banned because of YOUR autoer. I would have an Admin Post on your thread, 2nd post if possible, saying that ANYONE that posts anything talking about how their account was banned, just should recieve a ban here. We all know that autoing isn't something that should be abused, yet some of us don't quite understand that concept yet.

So overall, I'd say its completely up to you... making it a pay script, I don't think you'd have as many satisfied users, or simply SRL-Stats with it, I mean 11+ years? C'mon, that's outrageously awesome!

P1nky
05-03-2008, 02:07 AM
deserves member more ppl would wnna become a srl member :0 and learn scripting wewt

bakec00kies
05-03-2008, 02:11 AM
entirely. we are just giving you suggestions.
keep in mind, everything in life has its pros/cons.
personally i'd let fate decide... flip a coin and call it ! =]

SWAT321
05-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Why don't you take a poll of the amount of jr members that would learn scripting if you moved it to members? I would.

MylesMadness
05-03-2008, 11:26 PM
And no-one leeches members scripts, name one that has been leeched.Besides lame, tara's chickenkiller and wizzups vem? Also hy, make it members only. Also if you didn't think about it when you move it make the download script page blank and make a new page for the srl member version.

The Claw
05-04-2008, 03:04 AM
seriously, hy, wtf? You think you deserve donations of member pins and cash, because you make a simple script a junior member could make? Effective and does the job well, but simple nonetheless. All I'm saying is that if you're going to move the script to SRL Members, because/or you're not getting enough donations, then you're obviously scripting for the wrong reasons. Dissapointing mate. You would never see Fawk, Wizzup, SKy, Benland, Nielsie, Star, or any other person who has done 100x more for the community than you ever have asking for people to donate to them, and holding a script ransom, would you.

Harry
05-04-2008, 03:08 AM
seriously, hy, wtf? You think you deserve donations of member pins and cash, because you make a simple script a junior member could make? Effective and does the job well, but simple nonetheless. All I'm saying is that if you're going to move the script to SRL Members, because/or you're not getting enough donations, then you're obviously scripting for the wrong reasons. Dissapointing mate. You would never see Fawk, Wizzup, SKy, Benland, Nielsie, Star, or any other person who has done 100x more for the community than you ever have asking for people to donate to them, and holding a script ransom, would you.

Lolwut? You know how many hours I spend per day helping them get it started, answer questions on MSN, etc? And I bet an average Jr Member could not have made all the features of my script :rolleyes: And it is not the only reason as I stated on post 1. Please read? I just feel I do not get respected enough and it gets leeched too much where it is. Simple as that. Next time when you post, don't do it while being high, The Claw :p [Jk]

And now Jagex is making updates to stop this nonsense, so it will ruin anything RS based I want to do.

Timer
05-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Members Only, I Say Once Again.

And, I Think Hy Deserves Donations, Hes Gotten Over 10 People 99.. And Its Been Leeched Every Day For Ultimate Levels.

The Claw
05-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Lolwut? You know how many hours I spend per day helping them get it started, answer questions on MSN, etc? And I bet an average Jr Member could not have made all the features of my script :rolleyes: And it is not the only reason as I stated on post 1. Please read? I just feel I do not get respected enough and it gets leeched too much where it is. Simple as that. Next time when you post, don't do it while being high, The Claw :p [Jk]

And now Jagex is making updates to stop this nonsense, so it will ruin anything RS based I want to do.

Careful, I only posted while high once. No need to try and defame me. And I know what you mean about spending alot of time helping people, since I do that myself as well. Deal with it - its part of the job description for scripters. I also know what you mean about not feeling respected - but seriously, why do you think you need alot of respect? Isn't just knowing that you are making life difficult for jagex, and easy for alot of people here enough? Being well known/respected in the community isnt everything, you cant buy respect, if you deserve it you will get it. Moving a script to another section wont earn you any more respect.

P1nky
05-04-2008, 03:48 AM
alrite guys

(the claw/Harry) chill out lol

harry why you need donations lol :) just get a job :)
and first of all wizzup/fawki have made great scripts (ess miner and so on) and they never get donations just rep/smily faces/donations to site

thats donation too :) lol

kingarabian
05-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Actually not be rude or anything, but move this script to members. I mean the ban rates from the fight-caves is getting higher and higher. You helped people get levels and all but pretty soon jagex will make it so you wont get any exp from the caves at all. Keep it for members, make one last update for jr mems and then just simply dont update it or take it to memebers.

Laur€ns
05-04-2008, 06:56 AM
You know wich part of the proggies is Junior? It wouldn't be S.M.A.R.T. I think :p

thebob142
05-04-2008, 09:40 PM
alrite guys

(the claw/Harry) chill out lol

harry why you need donations lol :) just get a job :)
and first of all wizzup/fawki have made great scripts (ess miner and so on) and they never get donations just rep/smily faces/donations to site

thats donation too :) lol

he can't get a job pinky there is this thing called child labor laws

Hobbit
05-04-2008, 09:42 PM
he can't get a job pinky there is this thing called child labor laws

Thats only if they force children against their will to work without pay.
I started working when I was 10.

Hy just make a decision already. Members or not. Make up your mind.

FreakyMonkey
05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
The problem with putting it in jr members is that (since its already a top of the line script) they probably wont feel motivated to strive to become members...If more ppl become members...the more expansive the site will be

thebob142
05-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Thats only if they force children against their will to work without pay.
I started working when I was 10.

Hy just make a decision already. Members or not. Make up your mind.

he can't get a job anywhere like dq or mcdonalds only thing he can do is do side jobs or work under the table

stewiemaniac
05-04-2008, 11:55 PM
i think that people who agree to this topic are definitely the users who've use this topic to get their levels up.

everyone should have an equal opportunity to use this script. it is very valuable and i hope to see it in jr members

Hobbit
05-05-2008, 12:03 AM
he can't get a job anywhere like dq or mcdonalds only thing he can do is do side jobs or work under the table

Still a job.
Now keep on topic.

footballjds
05-05-2008, 02:04 AM
M
E
M
B
E
R
S

O
N
L
Y.

SRL-Junior Member Will Win, Unless You Take SRL Member+ Only For Vote.
yes i back it :D

WhoCares357
05-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Won't really matter much since half the planet already has the script. So go ahead, move it to members.

P1nky
05-05-2008, 02:48 AM
but he wont update it...

so that will make it not useable lol...

icecap666
05-05-2008, 03:55 AM
cant be too hard to update it yourself though. But I say keep it as is although it will not matter much to me as I am leaving to go to basic training next monday

P1nky
05-05-2008, 04:03 AM
training for what? and it is hard to update lol beleive me

fearmi
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
OMG PLEASE DONT MOVE IT TO MEMBERS ONLY
this bot is the best thats out there please dont such an amazing bot please im dieing to become jr memb to get it plus i want to learn how to script. programing is awsome! cant wait till i fins out how thats y i luv this forum so much!

hobohopkins
05-11-2008, 04:13 AM
I agree with fearmi - by making it member's only you are cutting out a lot who could really use the script.

On the other hand - money is always nice...

I voted no - but good luck deciding.

sweetleaf
05-13-2008, 02:04 AM
OMG PLEASE DONT MOVE IT TO MEMBERS ONLY
this bot is the best thats out there please dont such an amazing bot please im dieing to become jr memb to get it plus i want to learn how to script. programing is awsome! cant wait till i fins out how thats y i luv this forum so much!

we always hear stuff like this around here.

"plus i want to learn how to script. programing is awsome! cant wait till i fins out how thats y i luv this forum so much!"

P1nky
05-13-2008, 02:26 AM
why isnt this closed?

hylian_loach
05-13-2008, 08:30 AM
we always hear stuff like this around here.

"plus i want to learn how to script. programing is awsome! cant wait till i fins out how thats y i luv this forum so much!"LOL. It's obviously to get the post count up. But remember that some people actually want to try out scripting (Not everybody here plays Runescape for fun). Try not to hurt any innocent people while weeding out the spammers.

Like me for example :D. When I have the time, I'll start harder Pascal work. Declaring variables, using functions, manipulation and such is easy for me already.

why isnt this closed?This topic was created nine days ago. I'm not a member yet so I can't exactly keep up with script changes, but Hy71194 may not have made up his mind. Besides, there are a huge multitude of topics out there which are more deserving of a lock than this one. *Hint: The Birthday thread*

Sgt Soul
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
being only a SRL-jr member i wont tell you where to put it because that would give a bad impression, but here is some of the outcomes i would believe would happen if you were to move it to them

-free for all-
you would have no proggies 100% leechers which would just be shocking for the SRL community

-staying where it is-
Great amount of proggies if that is what you like, yes the occational leecher, and most probably a more well known name, althought you are popular enough :P

-SRL-Members-
It would be a good move because of the quality and time spent into making it and deserves to only be members, but yes you would lose a lot of proggies, but there would be 0% leechers.

-pay to use-
not the smartest move i would say, because you would lose a lot of people, and yeah it would have to be updated a lot more quicker and as said before most probably life like.

You shouldn't make a pole about this, because really the choice is yours, because you have made this script and you have all the rights in the world to do what ever you would like to it. just choose what is best for you.

R0b0t1
05-14-2008, 12:09 AM
This is something you should decide for yourself. It just seems to me like you want attention.

It will not matter where you move it, you have already released it. As long as people know what to look for they will find it.

Harry
05-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Wow, old thread.

palmpilot71
05-14-2008, 03:45 AM
This is a really great script! That's why it should stay JR members!

kor
05-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Wow, old thread.
have you up your mind yet? ^^ just curious.

oh and btw, gotta love that clown picture ;)

Hobbit
05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Closed.

Sorry, this thread is useless.
Pick one or the other and get it over with.

Cheers,
Hobbit.