PDA

View Full Version : So quick chat, eyh?

Pure1993
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, today I went on the runescape page, to continue writing my (third, but hopefully working) YewCutter. But, then there was a new entry in the news of Runescape. As far as I understood it, they are going to have a list of words and sentences which you can choose from, so, what does that make you think of automatically?.... Easier Auto-Responders! Instead of comming up with many different random answers, we could just use the Quick-chat, which would not give us away just because we are always replying the same way (I don't think jagex will put up too many options for word like: Hi). Maybe we would need an addition to the srl, depending on what the quick chat really is, and how one could use it...
Go ahead and post your comments and ideas on this.

Pure1993

EvilChicken!
05-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Ye! Autoresponding should become.. Not that much easier, just more undetectable. I'll try to make functions for it when it's released, but I'll probably will be owned by l33ter people..

Oh, I just read your post now, and I realized we think the exact same thoughs. ^_^
Anyone else got any thoughs on this?

Pure1993
05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
...I'll try to make functions for it when it's released...

Not If I'm first :D
But yeah, I imagine that many people will have similar thoughts on this, I wonder if Jagex holds a little surprise in teh update, or if they are really stupid enough to give us scripters such a great advantage, because human behaviour is one of the only things a script cannot cover completely (as in responding), but by standardising the talking a bit, it should become a lot easier. :)

sirlaughsalot
05-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Just from the runescape side of things, completely lame, from our side of things, kinda nice =D makes things easier =D

palmpilot71
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Kewl that's good. My answers when people talk to me are really stupid...