PDA

View Full Version : What?...

Erik teh Viking
10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
I applied for membership of the srl sommunity and posted 2 scripts. The first one my friend helped me do, although i did like 75% of it, and the second 1 I wrote all of myself. A mod or someone said the 1st scripts wasnt mine and closed the poll to vote me for a member?
Why'd he do that?:(

Yakman
10-16-2006, 10:27 PM
well i saw that poll,

but if that moderator thinks the script is not yours, or perhaps he has seen it somewhere before, he has every right to close it, and no one has any reason to doubt him.

i dont think theres anything stopping you from applying again, you've written two scripts already, surely it cannot be so hard to write two more?

Erik teh Viking
10-16-2006, 10:39 PM
yea I guess. ty

Erik teh Viking
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
kind of bums me out cause I wrote that 1st script with my friend so that I could become a member of srl.

Starblaster100
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I think it was me who closed the polls.

The point of becoming a SRL member is to show the community that you aren't a leecher and that you have come here to learn, not to take scripts and never post again. Therefore, we want to see some input on your behalf, showing us that you can contribute to this community.

In order to do that, and be accepted into this community, you have to create a script on your own and it has to be something which shows us that you dont just know the basics of scar, but you can apply them well. Many good scripter are like this: Lnow basic commands in scar, but use them so well that their scripts are near to perfection. Show us you can do this and you will be accepted.

Here, we do not accept scripts which have been made by a joint effort, as the point of this is to show us your talent, not half of it. I have also seen many scripts, and the first script you posted was very similar to a persons script who i banned a long time ago.

Now im not saying you are a leecher, or you are the person i banned. I am just taking precautions. If you can show me that you can apply basic scar knowledge and make a ddecent script, using SRL then i will definately vote yes for you, and appoligise for rejecting you in the first place.

Good luck scripting, and hopefully one day you will become a very successful scripter, as many are in this community.

Starblaster100