C:\Documents and Settings\Laurens\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurens\Local Settings\Temp\History
C:\.jagex_cache_32
C:\Program Files\
C:\WINDOWS\
C:\WINDOWS\Temp
D:\Program Files
E:\Program Files

And why should you login for something like this? I wouldn't risk it, and I blocked the sendings just in time (I hope)
Luckily I have the portable Scar + SRL on my mobile phone :D :sasmokin:

sirlaughsalot
05-06-2008, 04:47 PM
0_o its all a big conspiracy leading to the Russian government o_0 but seriously jagex seems pretty low by doing this...

Dracody
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Im actually on another pc :p Ill log in with my main , and send specs so they think im legit , since theres no Scar installed here or nothing :p so if I was flagged I hope this will help removing any "suspectings"(<<--Is this well said? idk...)

Laur€ns
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Well said :D But it seems like Jagex thinks we are stupid.. And we're not :D

Dan Cardin
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
i honestly doubt that jagex is sending out a program that is going to check if someone has scar. You cant ban someone because they have it anyway, because SCAR isnt solely used for RS. Im going to download it and send my specs, just to prove my point.

richk1693
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm a leacher and have a low IQ.

Laur€ns
05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Okay then, nice to know

MylesMadness
05-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Runescapian321
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Woops, I voted the last option before actually reading the whole thing :p

Would this be illegal? Somebody read the Agreement thing and see if it says anything about accessing your personal files or w/e? :p

I don't plan to send them though.

gamesngeeks
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
i sent them thay wont do anything

WhoCares357
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I really doubt they are doing this to root out cheaters. They already eliminated about 99% of the cheaters with the new updates and there aren't that many left. This forum seems to possess a certain high state of paranoia.

Zezi
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I sent, i read the terms and agreed, if they do anything more, i sue fagex and bring back wildy, kay?

benjaa
05-06-2008, 10:20 PM
dan cardin makes a good point...

Dracody
05-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I sent, i read the terms and agreed, if they do anything more, i sue fagex and bring back wildy, kay?

I support this , if they do anything Ill sue them too, since I also sent the Specs , altought I didnt sent them at my laptop, where I Macro on :p I sent em with another pc :D

Hurgymcgurgygurg
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Check out the recent updates forum of the runescape forums.

JaGex is screwing themselves over with this one, paranoia is so incredibly rampant. 90% of the recent updates forum is locked with threads like:

WiLl ThIs HaCk Me?????

AlTeRnAtIvE MoTiVeS????

Nava2
05-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Paranoia is frightening ramped. Its nothing. Don't do it; I did but I'm not worried. They can't access anything with out going against privacy laws.

Yes! I'm a leecher and have a low IQ.

Nava2

Timer
05-07-2008, 12:06 AM
I Think Your Right! Detecting Autoers!

Notice.

You are about to download a program that will identify the following computer specifications:

* your operating system
* your graphics card
* your CPU
* your Java version
* relevant graphical drivers

By downloading this program, you help us to gather information about our community's computer specifications. This information will be used to ensure that the majority of users can access and play our future projects.

The whole process will only take a couple of minutes.

This program is completely secure and official. We can guarantee that your information will only be used by Jagex when developing future projects. It will not be shared with any other organisations.

This program is subject to the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you created your account. Please click here to read them again.

To run the program, please click here.

In The Bold, It Gives Them FULL Authority To Check For Cheating Of Any Kind.

Haha and they cant spell!!!

organisations

should be

organizations

WhoCares357
05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Haha and they cant spell!!!

organisations

should be

organizations

Actually, organisations is the correct British spelling. When we Americans adapted the British language, we changed the way certain words were spelled. We exchanged "ou" (armour) for just "o" (armor) and we replaced some of the "s" (organisations) with "z".

And I still don't think that disclaimer proves what all of you are so worried about. The original agreement never states that Jagex has the right to search your computer for "illegal" software. If they did so, then they could get sued. I don't think they want that.

Timer
05-07-2008, 01:29 AM
It says its 'spy wear' right there, so its NOT illegal.

WhoCares357
05-07-2008, 02:10 AM
Maybe it's an unofficial type of spyware, but it only does the following:
You are about to download a program that will identify the following computer specifications:

* your operating system
* your graphics card
* your CPU
* your Java version
* relevant graphical drivers

Or did you mean in the Terms and Conditions. I searched the Terms and Conditions (as well as the update description) and could not find one instance of spyware. In fact I couldn't find the word spy.

Terms and Conditions (http://www.runescape.com/terms/terms.ws)

Timer
05-07-2008, 02:26 AM
It says it does those things, why would it say. "and is a subject to the terms and conditions."

it says no AUTOING in the terms... It Does What They Say + More...

They say what it does, not all of it though.

Hurgymcgurgygurg
05-07-2008, 02:48 AM
JaGex clearly has the legal right to, if you accept the download, do what ever is in their Terms & Conditions.

"Whilst we reserve the right to monitor and take action upon inappropriate use of any Jagex Product"

They define inappropriate use as against the rules, so they have the right to monitor for it, and that falls under this download.

Anyways, the real question we should be asking is, if the thread creator's original post is true, what are they doing looking in your temp files for internet history and your program files?

They certainly do not need to look there to find your driver and hardware data.

Hackwhore
05-07-2008, 08:57 AM
I haven't auto'd recently, so I wasn't on the defensive..I forgot I had the auto all together.

Unluckily, I still had the auto's in my temp folder..

God..If I get banned..I'll be so pissed.

Out of curiousity, how did you find this information? Where it was snooping around..

Thanks.

NiCbaZ
05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
ima post what it tryes to access on the rs forms make a new thread and all :) hehehe

Laur€ns
05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I have the portable scar, moved all the scripts and deleted my temp and history and let them scan.. Well, it took less than a second. And even programs like PcMark, to benchmark your PC, need like 30 seconds to find your Graphics driver..

sirlaughsalot
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I really doubt they are doing this to root out cheaters. They already eliminated about 99% of the cheaters with the new updates and there aren't that many left. This forum seems to possess a certain high state of paranoia.

it is pretty high but its a healthy state of paranoia, and while scar may not be against their TOS and whatnot, i have a feeling the scripts are a bit incriminating...

kingoscorm
05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
It is completly illegal for jagex to access your pc and if they do they can be sued for invading privacy and they will lose if they are sued.

sirlaughsalot
05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
It is completly illegal for jagex to access your pc and if they do they can be sued for invading privacy and they will lose if they are sued.

When you download it you agree to things, such as them being able to search for things, and it even says that it is subject to the TOS

Mistran
05-07-2008, 02:44 PM

You may want to read up a bit on internet privacy laws before making such statements

Laur€ns
05-08-2008, 05:11 PM
You may want to read up a bit on internet privacy laws before making such statements

Currently Jagex is doing this:
http://www.mijnprivacy.nl/images/cartoon_spotlight.gif

And I think that's not legal. And BTW, just searching through your Program Files and TEMP is illegal. So **** JaGex.

They also have a new Reminder.
It does not include spyware or any other form of malicious software.

Jackrawl
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Yawn*
They can't search your computer for files. It must be a conspiracy.
Yes! I'm a leecher and have a low IQ.

TheGuyWhoGotOn
05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Out of curiousity, how did you find this information? Where it was snooping around..

Thanks.

I'm kind of curious as to what program you used as well. How did you know that it was Jagex's program in there and not one of your others?

isjusme
05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
i'm not sure i agree that you could SUE them, because you did agree to it. They probably wouldn't ban you anyway, just watch your account more closely, then ban you if they catch you autoing. I'm not smart though, so you may want to ignore this lol

Laur€ns
05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Firefox, Tamper Data. BTW i get loads of Mazes and Mollies.

Markus
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Runescape saves its cache in those folders, so it looks in those folders for the cache.

TheGuyWhoGotOn
05-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Runescape saves its cache in those folders, so it looks in those folders for the cache.

It saves info in your program files?

XcanadamanX
05-25-2008, 02:00 AM
yes it does. heres all the places jagex has saved on my comp.
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1237/jagex3cb5.png

noidea
05-25-2008, 03:37 AM

TheGuyWhoGotOn
05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
yes it does. heres all the places jagex has saved on my comp.
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1237/jagex3cb5.png

OH is that because you used SMART? Because why would it be in the SCAR files otherwise. Either way Jagex doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong.

Laur€ns
05-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes and if you delete them, all your chars get banned. :p

Xeo.Xngel
05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Ok I sent in my specs, I have SCAR and other programs that I use for autoing on runescape. And all of my accounts are doing just fine. No bans nothing. And they have even been banned before because of autoing. So I think you guys are a little too cautious.

XcanadamanX
05-29-2008, 01:08 AM
OH is that because you used SMART? Because why would it be in the SCAR files otherwise. Either way Jagex doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong.

it saved them their before smart.

TheGuyWhoGotOn
06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes and if you delete them, all your chars get banned. :p

I find it funny how that's never happened to me...

it saved them their before smart.

Umm why?

XcanadamanX
06-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Umm why?

because i deleted what was in the random.dat and then made it read only. then jagex made new ones in other places.

TheGuyWhoGotOn
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
because i deleted what was in the random.dat and then made it read only. then jagex made new ones in other places.

Lmao and it ended up in your SCAR folder?

Smartzkid
06-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Meh. I'm missing something. Can't find it.

Link or help please? :p

Ultra
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I have send them my specs, and they did not do anything.

They wouldn't do anything because they didn't say anything about it, they said that they will just check your computer how it works, what it has and stuff. They would do that with your permission because you read it and trusted them.

BUT if they would check for srl or something like that, the goverment/someone could sue/close jagex because they would check your computer for srl and scar without your permission. Because that would be considered just like "stealing".

King of the Nites
06-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Meh. I'm missing something. Can't find it.

Link or help please? :p

https://speccollect.runescape.com/agreement.ws
This is the link to the specs research stuff. I am pretty sure that is what link you were talking about.

XcanadamanX
06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Lmao and it ended up in your SCAR folder?

ya...it goes in any program that is open at the time i think because the program files that it is in were used when i was autoing

Jackrawl
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
You people are still worried about this?

We can guarantee that your information will only be used by Jagex when developing future projects.People, they're just trying to make another quality level and trying to make it so everyone can play. Steam does this all the time. Sending your computer's hardware information is not going to help them catch you autoing...

Smartzkid
06-11-2008, 02:24 AM
From the GLInfo.dll file stored in Jagex_Cache_32:

?JNU_ClassString@@YGPAV_jclass@@PAUJNIEnv_@@@Z
_Java_GLInfo_getGLInfo@12

Also only found one random.dat, and it was in the normal location.

Laur€ns
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
BUT if they would check for srl or something like that, the goverment/someone could sue/close jagex because they would check your computer for srl and scar without your permission. Because that would be considered just like "stealing".

Stealing is something like borrowing without the intention to give it back. But they have a nice British agreement :) So actually even Bush couldn't do it.

eddie
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Uhhh.. I picked the low IQ one, and I di it on my legit main. Nothing's happened, yet.