PDA

View Full Version : New Runescape graphix... Bad thing?

Drakan
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Well theres a new graphics system comming for runescape! But what will this do to runescape cheating? Heres some before and after photos of it:

Go to the runescape news about it.
http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1218

As you can see, the new image is much bigger. Are they finally upping the screen size?

But what about SRL? Will the new color system screw up color boting? Lets hope not. This looks awesome and maybe bad at the same time. What do you guys think?

Drakan
05-08-2008, 08:02 PM
By the way heres the post:

Over the past year, we've been keeping a rather large secret. We have been working on a complete graphical rework of RuneScape, which is looking truly spectacular. There's no need to take our word for it: look at the images below and see for yourself.

As you know, we currently offer 'High Detail' and 'Low Detail' modes. We plan on adding a new and optional detail mode, bringing you accelerated higher quality graphics. This will be in addition to the existing detail modes, as they will remain unchanged.

As if the improvements below weren't enough, an optional fullscreen version of RuneScape is due at the same time. This will let you play at a resolution of your choice, and it also supports widescreen monitors. We think you'll agree, the future of RuneScape is looking very good indeed....

So yes there will be a resolution change. Could pose a few problems. Just means everyone making a script will have to maintain a universal resolution.

richk1693
05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
They're both shockingly similar to me. Both are

404 - Page not found

Sorry, the page you were looking for was not found.

P1nky
05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
oh how u get them anyways they prob found out people found them :)

Drakan
05-08-2008, 08:09 PM
sorry, go to the runescape home page then follow the "A look into the furture" :P This is from runescape directly not an outside source.

P1nky
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
yea its bad
same situation like before when they updated fully wow, they are really trying to make rs l33t which will never be successful :)

well heres the link of after:

http://www.runescape.com/img/news/image_of_the_future_large1.jpg

and the Thread of it:

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1218

dang gonna be hard for srl to update (or take long time)

Dan Cardin
05-08-2008, 08:27 PM
the resolution is whatever you want...meaning that you can keep it the same as now. And the new graphics are optional. There doesnt need to be any changes. :)

Drakan
05-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Plus I wonder how it will affect color finding. If the colors are so much in depth, won't it make it harder?

Bobarkinator
05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Excuse me? Nothing will have to be updated.

As you know, we currently offer 'High Detail' and 'Low Detail' modes. We plan on adding a new and optional detail mode, bringing you accelerated higher quality graphics. This will be in addition to the existing detail modes, as they will remain unchanged.

Leecher R' Us
05-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Excuse me? Nothing will have to be updated.

I love how people can't read.

Drakan
05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
lol be quiet i took that differently, so dont be a dbag about it. anyway This looks pretty cool

oliver1205
05-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I love how people can't read.

i love how your an idiot. you dont have to use the new graphics, as far as my understanding goes.

Drakan
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks oliver =]

Anyway yah I guess not. So all in all it looks likes a pretty fricken cool update :P

Leecher R' Us
05-08-2008, 10:36 PM
i love how your an idiot. you dont have to use the new graphics, as far as my understanding goes.

Umm what is wrong with you? Can you read? I was supporting the fact that you don't need to use the new graphics. Jesus. I guess people really don't know how to read. You sir, have only proved my point.

Infidel00
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
It's a good thing that the new graphics do not have to be used. Although perhaps Jagex will watch the players using the older system closely knowing bots and programs will still run on it.

Though I am sure some of the gifted programmers here at SRL will end up writing scripts to work on the updated RS. :D

oliver1205
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Umm what is wrong with you? Can you read? I was supporting the fact that you don't need to use the new graphics. Jesus. I guess people really don't know how to read. You sir, have only proved my point.

bob said we wouldnt need an update, and you told him he couldnt read. that sounds like you are disagreeing with him, when he was right. if you were agreeing with him, and talking about the other people then i apoligize, i said in my post " thats how i understand it ".

Harry
05-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Note to Jagex if you are reading this: Make an option for "F.P.S."! :p

King of the Nites
05-08-2008, 11:03 PM
This is nice... We can try to adapt if we wanted to(we dont need to though). It could help us because there could be some more dynamic colors to look for if you know what i mean.

Sean[714]
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
LOL @ Hy :P.
At first, before I read that the new graphics are optional, i was unhappy.
But the 'after' picture looks pretty neat.

How about instead of new graphics Fagex, make a new Unsafe minigame so I can pk .. KTHX?

P1nky
05-08-2008, 11:30 PM
ok ok guys oliver/leecher r us calm down :P and just talk about topic

btw bob good catch :)

nielsie95
05-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Moved to Discussions & Debates although the topic starter can't see it yet :p

Lee Lok Hin
05-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Strange, I think they are finally not using java. I dont think java can support that much definition.

Right?

scissormetimbers
05-09-2008, 06:19 AM
lol i accidentally made a thread about this... didnt see this one :(

chitin
05-09-2008, 07:47 AM
no offence to rs but wow...i dont really see a difference...however, for scar this would/could be a big issue...the way the cammera is possitioned appears as if it could be a third person view, and the camera is capable of going on a much larger y plane......(x=side y=up+down z=inward)...what im saying is it could almost be first person...or at the least you could see the sky for once.....i think srl will adapt

Dan Cardin
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Strange, I think they are finally not using java. I dont think java can support that much definition.

Right?

you wouldnt be able to make a game, in-browser it if wasnt java.

R0b0t1
05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
This will pose no problem for SCAR, you may still select low detail.

andrewrox424
05-10-2008, 01:24 AM
I like the new look. With the shadows and such. Although, I doubt it will look that good. Its good, we shouldn't have to update all the scripts and such. Just play in the low detail and when your doing a quest or manually doing anything switch to full screen (yes, thats meant to be implemented) and pretty awesome detail for a free mmo.

P1nky
05-10-2008, 04:28 AM
lmao this wont make a diffrence to get more people to play..

they are trying to subsitute this for pking. (to get more people to come back)