PDA

View Full Version : Solving the "Couldn't move the ... to the Plugins folder"

hylian_loach
05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Solving:
Couldn't move the plugins from the SRL folder to the Plugins folder.
This problem occurs when trying to install SRL using subversion.

Cause
Incorrectly configured security settings.
Limited-user
Vista User Account Control

Solution
Both operating systems may require administrator privileges
Windows Vista
Method 1: Manually moving the plugins
This is by far the easiest method. Simply browse to the folder where you installed SCAR. Go to "/SCAR/includes/SRL/place inside plugins folder". Copy the contents of your folder, and paste it in "/SCAR/Plugins". A UAC dialog will pop up asking for permission to do so. Press "Allow".

If this is too tedious and you don't want to keep doing that every time SRL updates, then continue to Method 2.

Method 2: Running SCAR with administrator privileges.
Browse to the directory with SCAR installed. Right click on SCAR, select Properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Choose Run this program with administrator privileges (The last checkbox). You will be prompted with UAC. Click Allow. Click Ok.

Don't like Compatibility mode? Check out Method 3

Method 3: Allow access for everyone
- Note that this does not work for Vista Starter, Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium
Browse to the directory where you installed SCAR. Select the SCAR folder, right click, select Properties. Click the Security tab. Click Edit.... At some point around here, UAC will pop up and demand permission. Click "Allow". Add a user by clicking the Add... button, then click Advanced, click Find Now and select the person called Everyone. Click OK a couple of times until you get back to the screen with all the checkboxes. Select Everyone again, and give it full access.

Method 4: Disabling UAC
Requires an administrator account to be used at all times
This is the most troubling, but it solves pretty much everything annoying about Vista. Basically, this method involves disabling User Account Control. Go into Control Panel, choose User Accounts and Family Safety, click User Accounts and then Turn User Account Control On or Off. Uncheck the box and restart your computer. If you have an administrator account, it will automatically run SCAR with the elevated token.

According to Vista, this is unsafe - but I personally think that it's exaggerated. How many times have you been hacked with XP? Disabling UAC on Vista causes it to behave more like XP in terms of security.

Method 5: Disabling Admin Approval - secpol.msc
Requires Windows Vista Ultimate
Press Start. In the small box, type secpol.msc. UAC will ask if you are sure - click "Allow". On the left hand side, you will see a small folder called Local Policy. Expand it. Scroll to the very bottom and double click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval mode. Select disable and click Ok

Windows XP
Method 1: Manually moving the plugins
Browse to the folder where you installed SCAR. Go to "/SCAR/includes/SRL/place inside plugins folder". Copy the contents of your folder, and paste it in "/SCAR/Plugins". Pretty much the same as Vista except without the needless hassle.

If this is too tedious and you don't want to keep doing that every time SRL updates, then continue to Method 2.

Method 2: Allow access for everyone
- Note that this only works for Windows XP Professional. Home users need not worry.
Browse to the directory where you installed SCAR. Select the SCAR folder, right click, select Properties. Click the Security tab. Click Add... -> Advanced... -> Find Now. Select Everyone, and click OK twice. Select Everyone again, and grant full access.

Alternative Methods
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/srl-faq-f103.html - This method uses a .scar file to automatically download and install SRL.

benjaa
05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
GOOD!
Useful Thread hylian_loach! :)
rep+

If only all the newcomers would check this out before posting....

EDIT: Method 2 worked for me :D

phoenix02
06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Sorted the problem, used method 2 for windows vista thank you very much :)

WonderBeaner
06-04-2008, 05:12 AM
I love you

weequ
06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks. I repped you :)

234we12
07-03-2008, 11:22 PM
omfg i love this guide it helped 100 percent and i got my scar working thanks A++++++ man iv been looking for this guide forever now =) i love you and this site lol. =[) =[) =[)

abcde12345
07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I used Windows Vista method 4 and it really saved me. Thanks for this guide.

abcanw
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
thx man u really save my whole entire life what way i can thank u pm me

crunch man
08-01-2008, 08:37 PM
when i go to file-download srl, the file for srl in scar-includes doesn't even show up.

edit: actually it wasn't there because i didnt download it as an admin. maybe you should put that up. If there wasn't even a srl folder when you did method 1 then download srl after you run scar as an admin.

mager guy
08-17-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't understand. What do I copy into Scar/Plugins????

I copyed everything from /SCAR/includes/SRL/ to /Scar/Plugins/ Was that the right place because It still doesn't work.

Every script I run gets this error

Line 4: [Error] (6:11): Unknown identifier 'SmartIsKeyDown' in script C:\Program Files\SCAR 3.15\includes\SRL/SRL/Misc/SMART.Scar

n0n4m311
10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
wow thanks .. all that time and i just needed to look here nice methods

redda69
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
method 3 work easily, happened to me too, its fast + effective

randy marsh
04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
erm none of these methods work!

Death12652
06-22-2009, 12:09 AM
None worked for me and the URL wasn't found :(... I have vista Home Premium... I think it worked but when I run any of the scripts something is wrong... "unknown identifier" or "duplicate something"

Macro_FTW
06-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Death- don't gravedig please...

04-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Dark Arcana
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't think this is gravedig because I think this method still works.

ian.
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
And you can't grave dig tutorials.