PDA

View Full Version : Pker Accounts - Choosing and Training (Non-members)

warrior993
05-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Basically, a PKing character (PK stands for player killing, or player killer, or player kill) is a character or account you make other than your main account. This character is mainly used for fighting in the wilderness.
A good PK account strives for as little combat level as possible, with as efficient killing level as possible (this includes damage, accuracy, and defense). A PK account should be as low level as possible to ensure that you are able to fight possibly weaker players with an advantage they may not have. However, a higher combat level means you fight stronger people, who are more likely to have better equipment and items.
Choosing a PKing character:
When choosing a PK character, though there can be many different combinations, it all boils down to three basic types:
1) Warrior
2) Archer
3) Wizard

Each PK character has their own strengths and weaknesses, as well as styles of fighting/training.
Warrior: The warrior is the only melee PKer. This, unfortunately, means that you must run to a player before you can attack him/her. Also, you can be limited by obstacles in your path (eg. gates, trees, etc.) Although the warrior is the most versatile, and has the potential of doing the most damage (up to 21 with a rune scimitar and level 99 strength), the warrior is also one which can often reach a very high combat level (to achieve 21 damage, a warrior will have a combat level of approximately 70). This means that the warrior often fights players of higher combat levels. Warriors can train attack (often to level 40, so that they can equip a rune weapon) to increase their accuracy, and strength, to increase their damage. Warriors often wear metal armour, unless fighting wizards (as the armour would actually aid the wizard in killing the warrior).

Archer: The archer has the advantage of ranged weapons, and a well-balanced armour that can defend against both the magic of wizards as well as the sword of warriors. Archers are typically weak against warrior PKers, as the metallic armour of the warriors are able to defend against arrows very well. Archers train range, making them much more straightforward than the warrior. Archers can also be quite high level (level 99 range and 99 hp is approximately level 73 combat). Although their damage is lower (approximately 16 maximum), they are able to fire arrows much faster than a warrior, at a speed comparable to the speed of a dagger. However, if an archer dies, they lose all their arrows (since they are stackable).

Wizard: The wizard has the most versatile attacks. The wizard has an extremely low defense (wizard robes serve little to defend against attacks). However, they are able to do relatively tremendous attack at a low combat level - at level 59 magic, wizards can cast fire blast, which can do a maximum of 16 damage; at level 59 magic, the combat level of wizards is approximately 44! Compare this to the level 73 combat of rangers (archers). Of course, this does not take into account how often this spell will fail (which is pretty often). However, it is very useful against warriors. Spells such as bind can help a lot in battle, and spells such as teleport can quickly get you out of a tight spot. Wizards are also ranged attackers, so they can take advantage of terrain, like rangers. The major disadvantage to wizards is their runes. Runes are never kept if you die (because they are stackable, like coins and arrows), and they cost an awful lot, and they can take up a lot of inventory space.

To train PKer accounts, the ideal monster(s) are those with high hp, and low defense and attack. Generally, my rule of thumb is: fight monsters that have equal or more hp than your maximum damage. I will not list any fighting places or monsters, as others have already written many guides on these. Although I often mention level 99's in this guide/tutorial, you do not have to reach level 99 before you can PK. The general level for PKing can be as low and boring as 20, or up to level 75. Any higher, and you have what I call a maximal hunter: a PKer that trains everything possible that can aid in killing players. For example, prayer and defense may be trained for even greater advantages. However, I will not go into detail about these.

Choose your PKer wisely, and train it wisely. Good luck!

hitman12845
05-17-2008, 03:58 AM
I am actually thinking of making a defense pure for fun, and seeing if it works at all in PKing. My guess is not too well, but maybe a few kills.

kor
05-17-2008, 11:38 AM
really nice guide ;) you should try adding pictures of armor and such.

ShowerThoughts
05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice guide... but in BH you have to be equal to the max level of that crate you can go in then you own if you level once you are the weakest in the next crate :S that is why BH sucks

jussp
05-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Good Guide!

I´m gonna make a Archer soon!

lennoc
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
i made a pure and got him like up to lvl 50 in a week to practice pk on, then a couple days later bye bye wildy lol

arc036
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
niiice!

Timer
08-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, now that my main was banned, i dug up my old pure! :)

40/40 attack, 89/90 Strength, 1/1 Defense
81/85 Range
93/94 Magic

Level out of wanted.

lethalpunk
08-09-2008, 06:04 PM
OKay guide but you are un-aware of how combat lvls work. For example my mage pure had 70 mage, i then got him to 70 range and it didnt get me up any combat lvls. You need to cobine the archer and mage or worrior and mage e.t.c.