PDA

View Full Version : A New Image Of The Not-Too-Distant Future

Laur€ns
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
In last week's Image of the Future newspost, we revealed our secret plan for RuneScape: a complete graphical rework. We were sneaky and held back a little information, however: namely, when you can expect these updates.

Drum-roll, please... You will have access to all of these updates within a couple of months! There really isn't much time to wait. If you can't wait for more details on the update, a new Development Diary is coming later this month.

We plan to keep improving RuneScape's graphics in the future, so we would encourage you to 'Send us your Specs', if you have not already.

Finally, we can reveal another image of the future...

w00t, a few months. Amazing or not?
http://www.runescape.com/img/news/image_of_the_future2.jpg (http://www.runescape.com/img/news/image_of_the_future_large2.jpg)

As quoted from Runescape.com

Wow, a couple of moths! Is that amazing or not?

Bobzilla69
05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
the new graphics might be good but will have to wait till i can see an example in game of it.

ZaSz
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I think the graphics will be a new step up in the history of runescape graaphics

Laur€ns
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
I wish I could play in the new Graphics mode :-)

kingoscorm
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
this should be so good.

StrikerX
05-17-2008, 01:00 AM
i hope they have an option to keep old graphics i mean like (not that i have it) dial up users will be screwed

Runescapian321
05-17-2008, 03:04 AM
:( This might be an attempt to finish off autoers completely. Maybe this will make colorfinding and stuff too hard for Scar O_o

Bobarkinator
05-17-2008, 03:14 AM
i hope they have an option to keep old graphics i mean like (not that i have it) dial up users will be screwed

They are.

Runescapian321
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
They are.

Ah, good. Just read that they will be adding an addition 'Detail' mode to go along with Low and High detail. Maybe I'll start playing RS again :)

Maybe on this new detail Scar will be able to function mroe easily... If not atleast they're leaving the other details.

noob-2
05-17-2008, 03:49 AM
i think it will be the sex

Waddo
05-17-2008, 12:43 PM
it looks like WOW lol and they have bots for that
and scar is amazing so we will be fine

Camaro'
05-20-2008, 12:38 AM
:( This might be an attempt to finish off autoers completely. Maybe this will make colorfinding and stuff too hard for Scar O_o

Lol, are you high on SRL? :P

Nothing is too hard for srl / scar.

Zlakata
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
though it looks amazing, i think its a way to filter the autoers.... cuz only a minor wil play in low detail and jagex will search for bots more easily, unless SCAR evolves to *new-graphics-scripting* :P:P

Orbital
05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
why can't Jagex make any of the object's edges crisp...?

Sgt Soul
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
i will have to play low detail autoing or not, my computer atm is no good for anything else :P i mean i even lagg on cs:source Australian servers >.<
But yeah Zlak is right, they could be using this to their advantage by easily filtering out the Autoers over runescape due to a lot less people using the low detail servers.

Smartzkid
05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
why can't Jagex make any of the object's edges crisp...?

That's called antialiasing. It takes quite a bit of computation to achieve; few computers would be able to use it unless jagex made OS-specific code to use a computer's graphics card.

Runescapian321
05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Lol, are you high on SRL? :P

Nothing is too hard for srl / scar.

I thought I always heard that graphic heavy games like WoW were too hard for it?

Dusk412
05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Well this is probably not good seeing as we are gonna have to update a lot of SRL stuff...

noidea
05-30-2008, 12:04 AM
i will have to play low detail autoing or not, my computer atm is no good for anything else :P i mean i even lagg on cs:source Australian servers >.<

Whats wronng with Australia??!!
LOL, just kidding mate.

I also believe that we (SRL) will be "Out of order" for the moments as soon as the graphics come out. To many similarities and differences between colours:mad:

Bobarkinator
05-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Well this is probably not good seeing as we are gonna have to update a lot of SRL stuff...

I'm getting sick of people saying that. We won't have to update anything because the detail option will be there in addition to the other detail options. You can play on the new detail while playing legit if you like and auto on the old.

paul82587
05-30-2008, 03:09 AM
As long as they keep the low detail mode, I know I'll be happy. It's win win situation :)