PDA

View Full Version : how to do intresting things to your ipod

TheChineseMan
05-19-2008, 07:46 AM
hey guys ive made this tut so that you will be able to put some type of background or picture on to your background!!!!!

THIS ONLY WORKS ON VIDEO IPODS, 5th AND 5.5th GENERATION ONLY, NO 6th GEN OR NANOS

things you will need:
1) ipod!!!!!!
2) Ipod Cable
3) Itunes(i dont know if you need but better if you do)
4) Mozilla firefox (if dont have download from google)
5) WinRAR

Make sure itunes is closed when ipod wizard is open
this will not remove any of your songs or anything on your ipod

1st step:
------------
first of all you must get the picture that you want to put on your ipod you then copy and paste that into paint and save it into somewhere you will remember on your computer eg your desktop.

2nd step:
second of all you will need to download a program that is called ipod wizard in order to do this you will have to go to this website...

www.getipodwizard.com

and then on the links go to download

3rd step:
download the latest version of it (i think its 1.3) and install it.

4th Step:
after that go to this site to download the firmware

http://www.freewebs.com/allipodhax/ipodgames.htm

when you are there scroll down to the bottom until you see a download tab called
5G firmware or 5.5G firmware

take note that if you ipod has a serch feature then it is a 5.5G firmware

and if it dosent it will be a 5G firmware

and then download the latest one of your ipod type and save it to somewhere on your cp you will rememeber.

5th Step:
open up ipod wizard and it will look like this (pic down at the bottom cus i dunno how to post pic)

on the top left of ipod wizard you should change the 'edit mode' to 'firmware file'

step 6:
beside that, you should see a button saying open firmware, click on that and find the firware that you downloaded before and wait for it to load onto ipod wizard

step 7:
then click write to ipod so that the firwmare can be mounted onto your ipod and wait make sure u dont do anything else while you are doing this

step 8:
now if you want to change the background of your pick... go to the index and choose pic 282 after you have done that go to load bitmap on the side of ipod wizard and look through your files to see where you put the picture you want and choose it

step 9:
the picture should now appear on your screen but if the picture is too big... go onto paint and make it smaller by copying and pasting the whole thing and putting it into a new paint make sure u dont click anything after you have pasted it. in paint you will now have to look at the sides of the picture and click on the line and drag it smaller to fit the size of your ipod.

step 10:
when your picture is a good size you can now edit it in paint to make it say what ever like 'this is my ipod' by using the paint tools and writing on it.

step 11:
after you are satisfied with your picture load the bitmap onto ipod wizard and make sure ur ipod is connected also then you can finally press write to ipod but make sure ipod wizard is in front of anything else when you do this... after it has done loading you are now done with ipod wizard and can close it...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have now finished and can eject your ipod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

but remember when you do this you cannot have itunes open at anytime

also when you plug ur ipod back into the computer and if itunes pops up it will ask you to upgrade ur firmware just click no or else you will destroy your background.

remember to 5 star this thread or rep me if i have helped you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx

TheChineseMan
05-19-2008, 07:51 AM
reserved for tut to putting games onto your ipod

so watch out!

benjaa
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
also www.rockbox.org

Laur€ns
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
whats ipod? :confused: i only have iphone :P

TheChineseMan
05-20-2008, 05:05 AM
"THIS ONLY WORKS ON VIDEO IPODS, 5th AND 5.5th GENERATION ONLY"

i said it up there

shrubie1
05-24-2008, 09:19 AM
sick tut rep ++ i will try it out on my old 30gb :(

thechaosc
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
this is awesome! the last time i tried this i didn't really know how ... so my ipod crashed. this time i will have success. thanks.

sk8terbitu
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
rock box is 20 times better so i prefer that and i put pokemon on my 1st gen nano

wizman
07-11-2008, 02:33 AM
I Personally prefer gettting Cute FTP and The download ZiPhone, to jail break and hack the hell out of it,

ImSteezy
08-28-2008, 11:42 AM
If you have an ipod touch or iphone, just lookup jailbreak on youtube or something. It's easy to do and there's tons of programs out there to help. Cool tut though.